Print Thread
#134269 08/07/10 03:04 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I was just re-reading "Something the Cat Dragged In By CC Aiken"

A truly funny tale. If you have not read it stop reading this and come back later.

====
spoiler ahead
====
====
spoiler ahead
====
====
spoiler ahead
====
====
spoiler ahead
====

Ok moving onward Lois breaks in to Clark's apartment when she thinks he isn't home to steal the globe.
Ever since she had learned of its existence, of Clark's role in babysitting it, she had known she would end up here in just this way. She figured she was helpless to fight the urge, so she hadn't really fought too hard. Clark wouldn't mind, anyway. His job was to protect it, but surely that didn't mean from her. Just from everyone else.
In the quoted tale Clark comes home and catches her.

How about a tale where Lois does steal the Globe and takes it away with her.

What happens?

Perhaps she gets to see the messages?

Does it help her figure out the secret?

Does she ask Lex Luthor for help figuring it out?

In some fanfic they have the globe reacting to Lois because she is Clark's "soulmate". Perhaps that happens to Lois and she now believes she is "Kal El"'s soulmate?, how would that impact her actions towards Superman, Lex and Clark?

Framework4
Framework4 #254598 05/23/14 05:34 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
Framework4 #254603 05/23/14 09:25 AM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I thought I had a version of this on my computer, but I can't seem to find it. Basically Lois gets to the globe before Clark does. What does that mean? Does it ever get the change to acclimate to Clark's presence? Since I couldn't find it, I'll leave this concept here for someone else to pick up. Maybe Clark notices it at Lois's (he hasn't seen it, so he doesn't know that it's his). He handles it and it shows Krypton for a moment (Lois doesn't put two and two together to get Superman, for some time). After that it acclimates to Lois's presence slightly so it only shows the stories when BOTH of them are present.

*edit* Found it! (Boy does it help to have things backed up in more than one place) Here's my written concept:

Story Idea: Lois is the one to find the globe. She shows it to Clark. He touches it and the image of Krypton happens. At that point Lois does not figure out that Clark is Superman (too much of a coincidence too even consider). Lois keeps the globe on a shelf somewhere and Clark feels the need to touch it every time. Then one day the globe does something unexpected, waking both Lois and Clark (individually).

Feel free to take this concept and run with it. I have too many stories that I need to work on and the rate as which I get those out, it will be years before I can devote time to this one.

Last edited by Christina; 05/23/14 05:05 PM. Reason: to post the idea out there

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard