Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This bunny got spawned by SQD’s Everywhere Not that it has anything to do with the plot she’s spinning. Just the fact that she, too, tells a story about a broken heart.

So, anyway, what if Tempus came up with a foolproof plan to stop Utopia. What if, instead of visibly messing with Lois and Clark and leaving a trail even Ralph could follow in his sleep, he does something sneaky. Untraceable. Because nobody would know to even look for a problem… After all, Lois is still alive and kicking. She’s just not into Clark.

So, it’s 1991 (?) and Lois just got her first big scoop and a date with the office charmer, Claude. On the night before her night with Claude, she’s visited by a darn nice guy, who’s offering Lois to show her her loves. Past. Present. And Future. Not that she believes it.

Still, this messenger takes her back to her college days, when she loses Paul and a story to Linda. Next, he takes her two days into the future, showing Lois her heartbroken, incensed, but also beaten down and humiliated self after Claude slept with her to steal her story.

Now Lois is confused and disbelieving, but still, the ride is either the best drug trip she never had, or for real. Curios, she keeps tagging along into the future. And sees herself as a bride, watching her groom tumble to his death. Next, she sees herself dating an obviously corrupt DEA agent. Then there’s a marriage proposal, scene-cut immediately to the same guy dumping her for her own good. She also sees her ex-boyfriend from Ireland trying to sacrifice her. Then she’s running away from the guy who dumped her before. Gets kidnapped by her presumably deceased ex-almost-husband and falls prey to a malpractitioning shrink.

True, at first she takes notes, wanting to catch her nastier suitors and get a headline out of it. But the longer the trip from hell continues, the more desolate her future seems. Then the trip ends and Lois wakes up the next morning, feeling tired. She blames it all on really bad Chinese from her ex-favorite takeout place.

But then, she gets a déjà-vu during her date with Claude and just before things heat up, she kicks him out and rescues her story. Or maybe she sleeps with him but wakes up to catch him stealing her story and kicks him hard in a sensitive spot and then out the door. Sans clothing. And story.

Lois files the story, gets the award but also swears off men completely. After all, she’s seen what’s going to happen in her future. Or maybe she join a convent laugh There’s also the option of her getting herself a beard, just so every man realizes she’s truly unavailable because she and her girlfriend are a happy couple.

And this is the situation Clark finds Lois in when he arrives at the Planet. Now, how can there be Utopia if Lois won’t look at Clark, or Superman, for that matter? help

I know, that’s probably more than just a challenge, but it could also be just the outline for parts one and two peep

/carefully releases rabid plotbunny into the wild/

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
But then, she gets a déjà-vu during her date with Claude and just before things heat up, she kicks him out and rescues her story. Or maybe she sleeps with him but wakes up to catch him stealing her story and kicks him hard in a sensitive spot and then out the door. Sans clothing. And story.
rotflol Good one! The challenge, too. laugh

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sounds like a good plotbunny, Michael. It did give me some ideas. I'm slightly busy now, but maybe...
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This could be a serious riot! And I'd love to tackle it, but I can't keep up with the dangling WIPs I have out there already.

However, I reserve the right to take this and run, dance, sing, and otherwise play with it, should any of my wildly mutinous PlotBunnies--who are quite fond of mutating, btw--start feeling frisky and/or feisty.

Should such a freak but happy accident happen, I'll be sure to give full blame--erm, credit where credit is due!

Love and hot fudge,
Bren Ren
Columnist
Columnist
Michael,

You are truly, truly evil! evil I've actually wanted to write a story for a long time where Lois and Clark actually meet and don't like one another. Who would want to fall in love with someone they knew would place them in mortal danger all the time or who would break their heart? Very, very interesting.

You're not writing this? It's definitely something that would be a great tale.

SQD (who thought her head was aleady full of L&C)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/peeks into thread/

Bren, mutations are what drives evolution. And only the strongest plot bunnies survive laugh

SQD, glad I could inject another bunny laugh

You're not writing this? It's definitely something that would be a great tale.
I'm never saying never. But it's highly unlikely. And there are so many possibilities for this story. But as it stands, I can't even get Muse to cooperate on my WIPs. Probably due to ridiculously little amount of to brain capacity presently allocated to the creation of new FICs mecry

Michael

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Must Rescue Plot Bunny, Must Rescue Plot Bunny"
I'm going to try it, but it will be a while before I post. RL and all.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
party party

Michael

Kerth
Kerth
smile1 Clever. It's nearly impossible to imagine a Lois without her Clark, so I don't know where you would go with this, but it's definitely food for thought. I would pursue this further if I didn't have to commit to so many other things... huh

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Which is exactly the point, isn't it. After all, we've had dead Loises and/or dead Clarks on these boards and things still worked out angel-devil

Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael - I must admit when I started writing Green-Eyed Monster I hadn't read your evil bunny theory. Now, that I have... hmmm... Kismet. She doesn't go the direction that you suggested, probably because she's in a alt-Universe and I like happily ever afters, but Tempus surely did wreak havoc like the one you suggested.

Great minds think alike. dance

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard