Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134195 05/02/10 07:31 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I was watching Bones earlier tonight, and there was mention of two kidnap victims with the last name "Kent". This got me to thinking. laugh

What would happen if Lois and Clark's kids were kidnapped?

~•~
#134196 05/03/10 06:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What would happen if Lois and Clark's kids were kidnapped?
Um, you'd get a dismembered kidnapper?

SCNR blush

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#134197 05/03/10 08:49 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There're two nice stories with this premise that I remember:

Growing Up Super by Sarah Luddy.

Cause and Effect by ML Thompson.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#134198 05/03/10 11:53 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I think one of Nan's fics from her Doppleganger series has some of the kids getting kidnapped. One of the more recent ones... The older kids are in middle school...

#134199 05/04/10 01:44 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I seem to remember a really old one that had this plot. It was also a carry on from Family Hour and dealt with the origins of the baby, too, IIRC.

Naturally, with my hen-like memory these days, I'm stumped on title or author. But perhaps someone else will know what the heck I'm on about....

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#134200 05/07/10 03:39 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There's another old one, but I can't remember the name or the author, of course... and I can't describe the plot without giving spoilers. Although I guess just mentioning it in this thread is a spoiler of sorts.

Okay, anybody remember this one? It starts with a young teenage girl escaping foster care, taking a bus to Metropolis. She thinks she's Superman's illegitimate child, I believe. She'd been in foster care since she was a baby, and she has quite the chip on her shoulder. So she confronts Superman. You can probably guess where it goes from there, but that's all I'm saying. smile Anybody know the title?

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#134201 05/07/10 04:46 PM
D
Blogger
Blogger
D
Pam,
The story's title is "Anna" By Rachel Smith

Frank

Monolithic biavicide ......... Killing two birds with one stone
#134202 05/07/10 04:57 PM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Hm...

I thought of one [it may be N that someone pointed me to that didn't have a G version because the son's name doesn't seem to pop up on the search function - am almost certain it's Merlin]. There's twins and one is kidnapped - the girl is.

There's at least one kidnapping of one of the kids in the Firestorm series, but not until they're grown. Nan's Home series has a descendant or two kidnapped here and there. I think III is the one I'm thinking of.

#134203 05/08/10 02:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you, Frank smile

Carol, the only story I know in which one or both twins was kidnapped was Nan's latest, where Ally & Ben were both stolen by their step dad (not Clark, of course; he's not related to them. At least, as far as he knows). Ally got away, but needed help to find Ben...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#134204 05/08/10 03:03 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
That's not it Pam. This was a one time encounter and Clark doesn't find out about them until much later.

That's it. Looked it up. It is n only [which is why I don't remember it real well]. Boy's name was Merlyn and I forget the girl's but she was kidnapped at one point. Drifter by Marns.

#134205 05/19/10 06:04 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I seem to remember a really old one that had this plot. It was also a carry on from Family Hour and dealt with the origins of the baby, too, IIRC.

Naturally, with my hen-like memory these days, I'm stumped on title or author. But perhaps someone else will know what the heck I'm on about....
Actually, LabRat, that's the plot of my story, Without a Trace, that was included in the DVD fundraiser in 2006. And, no, it hasn't made it to the archive yet. I'm taking an editing class and using it for the project, so I hope to have the revision completed by the end of summer.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
#134206 05/19/10 11:13 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hey, Sheila! No, that's not the one I was thinking of. laugh This was a much older story and I can remember it wasn't by any of the more well-known authors of the time.

I want to say now that it was by Karen Ward, but that could be way off base.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard