Next Thread
Print Thread
#134177 04/29/10 02:38 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Over on the Nfic section RedK in is used season 1 to setup a tale.

It got me wondering about Red K in the L&C 'Verse. In season two we see it a few times.

What if instead of Green K in season one there was only Red K?

How would things go if Trask and Luthor never had anything but Red Kryptonite?

============

Picture Luthor trapping Clark as Superman in a Red cage. If the Red K make him relaxed and laid back as it did in Season 2, Episode 20 - "Individual Responsibility"

LUTHOR:(beat, wickedly)
"I love Lois, but she's much too independent, don't you think? Well, leave that to me."

Clark bends the bars of the Red K cage and steps between them, laughs and says

"Lex, have you even MET Lois Lane? Because that is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard."

Turns and flys up through the ceiling leaving a huge hole.

Framework4
#134178 04/29/10 04:20 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Interesting concept. Clark encased in red kryptonite wouldn't be a pretty sight. I fear that, after his having been subjected to megadoses of the stuff, the conversation would be more as follows:

Originally posted by Framework4:
"I love Lois, but she's much too independent, don't you think? Well, leave that to me."
CLARK: "You do what you want; but dealing with Lois just seems like too much work to me. I think I'll just lay back and stare at these pretty red bars in my cage."

<grimace> As I said, not a pretty sight...

cheers,
Lynn

#134179 04/30/10 08:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Interesting idea ! I would love to read a gfic/nfic with this concept. Superman could betray his identity if he doesn't care. It's a dangerous situation but it can be funny too.

I have already read fic with red Kryptonite and I always liked to read how Clark reacted and how his behavior changed.

#134180 05/02/10 04:24 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Turns and flys up through the ceiling leaving a huge hole.
And flies right up through the roof causing the building to collapse...

Superman nonchalantly quirked, "Ah, gees... Will you looky what I did? Oh, gosh, I hope no one died. Oh, well..."

Superman launches into the air in search for Lex so he can kill him.

And, yes, I think that the red k idea is marvelous. Why don't you write it, Patrick?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#134181 08/10/11 05:09 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
#134182 08/10/11 06:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I always thought that Red K doesn't make Superman apathetic but increases his emotions. He was feeling pretty apathetic -- like he wasn't making a difference -- in Individual Resposibility, which is why it increased those feelings in him. Also, when he felt angry about Lois and Scardino, he got REALLY angry (punching hole in Dr. Friskin's wall). So, try this idea again and instead of making Superman apathetic, make him MAD at Luthor or make him JEALOUS.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#134183 08/10/11 07:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Over on the Nfic section RedK in is used season 1 to setup a tale.
What fic is it, pray tell? o.O

Also, I'm with Virginia on the RedK + Luthor thing. *g*

Clark: "...."

[Fade to: Lois' Dressing Room]

Lois: Superman, what are you doing here?! ...Is that LEX??! What did---Why is he trussed up like a chicken?!

Lex: ...pain....
evil

~•~
#134184 08/11/11 01:44 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
My understanding of red-K has changed since my original post to this thread. In the comics, red-K's effect on Clark is unpredictable. Each piece of red-K has a different effect on him, and each piece is effective only once, after which he builds up an immunity to it.

IIRC, there is nothing in the show that makes me think that L&C Clark's reaction to the stuff is different than comic book Clark's reaction. And that would explain why his emotions weren't altered in LW, but instead he became Extrasuperman.

If that is the case, then anything goes.

Joy,
Lynn

#134185 08/11/11 01:48 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Red Light Honeymoon by BrenRen. You can find it using the search facility in the nfic folder, provided you have access.

Framework4
#134186 08/11/11 03:44 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
[qb]
*Joy*! Thank you. dance

~•~
#134187 08/11/11 11:54 PM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Patrick, I've edited out your link to the nfic folder. I'm assuming that Mary has access to the nfic folder and that's why she was able to follow the link, but that she did got me slightly spooked that the glitch in the access request button means anyone can get in, so I've edited it out to be on the safe side.

It's hard for me to tell either way on these things as I have access anyway. So, better safe than sorry.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#134188 08/12/11 06:31 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LabRat:
Patrick, I've edited out your link to the nfic folder. I'm assuming that Mary has access to the nfic folder and that's why she was able to follow the link, but that she did got me slightly spooked that the glitch in the access request button means anyone can get in, so I've edited it out to be on the safe side.

It's hard for me to tell either way on these things as I have access anyway. So, better safe than sorry.

LabRat smile
LabRat: I clicked on the link, forgetting it was for Nfic, and I don't have access and it asked me for a password. So you can breathe easy again.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#134189 08/12/11 03:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm assuming that Mary has access to the nfic folder and that's why she was able to follow the link, but that she did got me slightly spooked that the glitch in the access request button means anyone can get in, so I've edited it out to be on the safe side.
You can chill, Labby; I do have legitimate access to the nfic board. laugh (What? Don't be so shocked! Granted, it seldom gets used, but it comes in handy on occasions like this one.)

~•~
#134190 08/12/11 05:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Phew. Yeah, I'm a teensy bit paranoid, what with the ongoing glitch. On balance, I suspected there wasn't an issue, but figured it wouldn't hurt to be on the safe side. laugh

Good to know that's still working, at least!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#134191 08/13/11 03:20 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
but that she did got me slightly spooked that the glitch in the access request button means anyone can get in,
Sorry, did not know there was a problem or I wouldn't have placed the link.

On the subject of security, I moderate on another board and have found it very useful to have a second browser with different credentials so I can check things from a non-moderator account.

Patrick

Framework4
#134192 08/13/11 11:56 PM
Kerth
Kerth
You can also check things from a non-moderator "account" if you simply log out. I tried that once, giving myself a link to the nfic board. It didn't work. smile But then, that was definitely before the glitch.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#134193 08/14/11 08:12 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
And that would explain why his emotions weren't altered in LW, but instead he became Extrasuperman.
Hmmm... what if the piece of Red K that was eventually used in LW was the one Lex would've used in HoL (in this what-if scenario)? I think the "Superman destroying Lex's building" might just happen after all! Poor Lex, his plan totally backfiring as mortar reigns down upon him and Superman goes, "Uhhhh... whoops." dizzy cat

Then everyone in Metropolis would totally blame Superman for the death of Lex Luthor, and, I suppose, rightfully so. Not sure if "But he trapped me in a cage with this meteorite that MADE my powers go crazy, so it was HIS fault!" would really stand up in court.

That scenario would probably call for a good Tank Ending.

Molly
#134194 02/15/12 12:38 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard