Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is a little bunny that came to me while reading the space station stuff in Some Things are Meant to Be. There's probably a little bit of 24 in there as well.

So, what if the government wanted out of the space station deal because it's getting too expensive. The previous administration signed off on it, and now President Garner (or did he lose and another guy became President?) wants out. Of course, they can't just pull out because of treaties, and public appearance, etc.

So, a plan is hatched. Lex Luthor is contacted. The sabotage is planned. And Lex Luthor will be allowed to build his own space station. Economic development will be reaped only by LexCorp and the US instead of all nations around the globe.

Then Superman shows up. Thwarts everything. Becomes a secret enemy of the state. New twists on Trask. Kryptonite research. Lex Luthor double crossing the government. The government double crossing Lex Luthor. Sinister plots. Cloaks and daggers.

Thoughts? Takers?

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This sounds like great premise for a fic, Michael - lots of potential.

c.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds better than the actual show.

And now I have to go before the mob of L&C fans come to lynch me......

(Runs away).

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So you're saying that the government (or some portion thereof) was in cahoots with Lex about the space-program sabotage? I don't think you could get very much of the government to participate -- they leak goofy so nothing would be secret for long. And Luthor was very cavalier about murder; I like to think our gov't, for the most part, is above that.

Maybe if it was a Congressman Harrington-type deal... a Senator has a pet project and can't get funding for it, sees what the space station costs, and thinks, hey, we can get somebody else to do this so we can use the money on better things. It could even be dressed up to look like a noble motive -- wanting to expand the school lunch program for needy children, or whatever. Or maybe there's a health care bill that's costing way more than they thought and they need to raise revenue somewhere... the Senator probably told Luthor to do it without loss of life, but we all know that Luthor wouldn't care.

Could be all sorts of fun investigating. The Senator would be distancing himself as much as possible, and covering up any meetings w/Luthor.

Although -- hmm, the space station had already been built, apparently, so most of the money would already have been spent, so they wouldn't have that much money to recapture. That might throw a spanner in the works. Still, I'm sure someone could make it work.

PJ

p.s. to Super Fan: We didn't watch the show for the plots goofy Not sure I agree with you, but I do know that I don't much care smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard