Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
My current favorite show is "Castle" starring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic. It has a Lois and Clark vibe to it, and is quite entertaining.

The enterplay between the two principles is excellant, and the 'A' plots are well done and enjoyable in their own right.

I'm not going to go into a long explanation of the premise (you can get that from Wiki). Basically, Fillion plays highly succesful mystery writer Richard Castle, who has decided to write a series of books based on a 'hot' NYC female detective. Since he is friends with the Mayor, and the Police Captain he is allowed to accompany Det. Kate Beckett on her cases.

I see this as having a fun analog as a L&C alt-universe story. Clark can be the successful mystery writer who is thinking of useing a 'spunky' and resourceful investigative reporter as the lead in his newest novel. He thinks Lois Lane would be the perfect role model for his main character. By whatever means he is allowed to follow along with Lois on a major investigation. And the fun begins.

One of the fun parts of 'Castle' is; because Castle is a successful mystery writer, he is able to look at the investigations from a slightly skewed perspective and is often instrumental in helping solve the case.

Clark could show himself to be a help to Lois in his own way. Not only would his insights be of help, there is that little additional aspect of Clark... the powers.

Anyway, if anyone is game to try something like this I would certainly be willing to read it.

Tank (who would highly recomend the show to any folc)

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Oooo I love Castle!

A fun interesting twist might be to write it the other way round - Lois is the author following successful cop/journlist/PI/whatever Clark around where Clark has to show her what he does but can't show her his powers smile .

Go for it Tank wink . I know you're not REALLY retired - are you?! wink

Okay - or anyone else.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've not heard of this show, but will definitely check it out if it ever turns up here in the UK. Can I harbour a hope that it's finally a successful show for Nathan Fillian? Or is it too soon into its run to tell? Success is long overdue for him, I think.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Labby - season 1 was a short midseason replacement - 13? eps? Something like that. We're in the middle of a full S2. It seems to be successful to me at least. I know a number of people who watch it [including a number of other folcs].

TV by the numbers doesn't have a readily available top 25 list for a non-Olympics week. At least not that I can find and my head hurts too bad to search more but they do have it as 'likely to be renewed'. I found one overnight from Jan that said they had 9.48 mil viewers... According to wiki, it was ranked #35 last year...

T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I've been occasionally popping out a vignette here and there, but I don't have any long fics left in me. That's why I put this out there.

I too thought that it could work well the other way around also. Which ever way a gentle writer would be willing to take it would be fun.

This is a good fit for those who like to find ways to 'build' the relationship between Lois and Clark.

Tank (who has lately discovered a renewed need for more L&C fic)

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
oh this has potential!!! i LOOOOVE Castle, one of my fave shows. Hope someone takes on this challenge!

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Would anyone be interested in doing a collaboration on this challenge? I think i'd like to explore it but I don't want to write it all myself! I know I haven't written a lot in this fandom but I've written a ton in another, if anybody wants to check to see if we have compatible styles.

LOIS:I don't like you.
MAYSON: Really? Oh god, that is such a relief - I don't like you either.
LOIS: That makes me feel so much better
MLT Offline
Merriwether
Merriwether
What if instead of Clark being the successful mystery writer, Lois was the successful mystery writer? (Just throwing that thought out there - might mix things up a bit)

ML wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by MLT:
What if instead of Clark being the successful mystery writer, Lois was the successful mystery writer? (Just throwing that thought out there - might mix things up a bit)

ML wave
LOL, I think it's been done. In fact I think it's been done by Tank. wink

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
Ooh! Castle! smile1

I never thought about it before, but it really does kind of have the LnC vibe... independent, smart female lead being followed around by a good looking, semi-sarcastic male lead with lots of witty back and forth banter and hints at a relationship we all know is there no matter how much denial they are in...

Yes, I would love to read a fic designed after this arc. Would be very clever. I love the show, and am hoping Bellarase might be in the process of this? Now that I'm all psyched up about the concept... hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard