Due to a total and absolute lack of writing skills, I don't write fanfic. But I do play out little stories in my head. One scene I have played with is set during All Shook Up.

Superman writes a letter to Lois with instructions not to open unless he does not return. Superman does not return (or so everyone believes.) Clark has no memory of writing the letter, so does not attempt to get it back. Lois opens and reads it.

What's in the letter? A revelation and an explanation of what Clark assumes will be his own disappearance. (I've even toyed with the idea of Clark planning a fake "death" scenario, and asking Lois's help in pulling it off, so that his final accounts, will, etc. can be settled.*) And, of course, a declaration of love.

My problem is I never really got past the letter scene. What does Lois do with this knowledge? I don't know.

If anyone is interested in exploring this idea, I'd love to see what you come up with.

Or, if the idea is not original to me, and there are already stories out there like this, please let me know what they are, so I can go read them.

Thanks!

* Clark's plan for the fake death would be in the event the astroid was destroyed, but Superman didn't make it back.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster