Next Thread
Print Thread
#133846 05/13/09 05:05 AM
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
This came about because I read one of coolgirl's stories.

So in a desperate effort to not be forced or coerced into writing the story just because I came up with the idea in the comments, I am issuing it as a challenge!

We know Clark shaves his face with heat vision. What if he had to shave his chest hair? What if he had to shave his head for charity such as the Cancer charity event? (The Greatest Shave one)

Make it prefereably nfic but include Clark having to shave his chest hair/head/stubble for any reason such as personal preference/undercover/charity/dare/ whatever ....

It has to be nfic because there is a severe dearth of them at the moment.

The key words here are What if ..? and Clark . Yes we know Clark is Superman but other characters don't. Toss him into a situation where he has to shave something in front of someone else who doesn't know or in public for some reason. Make it a revelation if you must. Or show us a side of Clark we haven't seen where perhaps he does shave in order to look attractive and describe it in all it's yummy nfic goodness?

I am sure you people can think of something!!! WE need more NFICs!!!

Now get to it!

The Little Tornado.

The Little Tornado is ....

Marisa Wikramanayake
Freelance Writer & Editor,
Board Member of SoEWA and Writing WA
http://www.marisa.com.au
Top Banana
Top Banana
I don't write nfic, but thought I should just point out:

Clark never has to shave his chest hair, because he doesn't have any.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Originally posted by DSDragon:
I don't write nfic, but thought I should just point out:

Clark never has to shave his chest hair, because he doesn't have any.
Maybe he already shaves there?

Or waxes? o_O

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Uhm, you might want to read that story of DarthMichael's on the dark side of the boards. I'll pm you the link. (It's a long story, but it does include one of scene where he needs to shave.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
DS Dragon:

Maybe he already shaves his chest? Maybe he already waxes or uses heat vision? All I meant was we know he uses heat vision for his stubble so let's see some stories where he shaves his chest/head/stubble. I think it has a lot of potential to kickstart a few stories.

Queen Of The Capes:

I think you got my idea.

Lara Joelle Kent:

Thank you for the link. I have already read Michael's story but I just put the challenge out there so that we'd get more? More nfic? More gfic? I'm just trying to provide an idea for people to write stories around. More stories!!!

:-( The Little Tornado.

Marisa Wikramanayake
C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
Or waxes?
LOL! Only it has to have kryptonite powdered and mixed into it.

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really hope Clark won't shave his head, because I definitely prefer him with hair! Anyway, wouldn't it give his secret away if both Clark and Superman shaved their heads at the same time? Particularly if the different Clark/Superman hairstyles are an important part of Clark's - or make that Superman's - disguise?

I see what you are trying to do, Tornado, and I definitely appreciate it. I really agree with you that there are hardly any nfics posted anymore - ah, but Bren Ren just started posting one!!! thumbsup

Ann

T
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Hi Ann,

I have ideas but I can't put them down onto paper right now so I am opening them up to others in the meantime as challenges etc.

But thanks for what you said. I am happy if there are no takers for my challenges but I wanted to make sure that people understood what I was trying to say. Plus I am sick with the flu so I am a bit narky at the moment, apologies.

We only see Clark when he has no chest hair but maybe we only see that because he does shave it off with heat vision not because he doesn't have any. People could pretend it's an AU if they wanted to, I just thought they could run with the possibility. We see Lois with shaved legs but that doesn't mean she doesn't shave them or doesn't have hair on them, just that we never see her do it. We see the results and not the process. So why not assume there is a process and see what it would be like and perhaps twist it a bit into part of a plot?

Cheers and sneezes,

The Little Tornado.

Marisa Wikramanayake
Blogger
Blogger
People could pretend it's an AU if they wanted to, I just thought they could run with the possibility.
When I read this I got this image of Lois with heat vision shaving a Clark who has had a problem with a hair growth formula. Our nice clean cut Clarkie Poo now looks like Chewbacca.

I know you want nfic but I neither read nor write it. How about PG13 laugh jump

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
We only see Clark when he has no chest hair but maybe we only see that because he does shave it off with heat vision not because he doesn't have any.
Kind of like Dean Cain? (But not with heat vision.) smile

When I read this I got this image of Lois with heat vision shaving a Clark who has had a problem with a hair growth formula. Our nice clean cut Clarkie Poo now looks like Chewbacca.
I actually read a story many years ago where Clark became quite hairy when he was pregnant (yes, pregnant). The story was quite bizarre.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I actually read a story many years ago where Clark became quite hairy when he was pregnant (yes, pregnant). The story was quite bizarre.
I believe that was "A Family Secret" by Molly P. Flynn. Very unusual, I've never come across anything just like it before.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
If I remember he had brightly colored scales and a tea rose in his belly. OKAYYY...

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard