Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
What if Clark was not the only Kryptonian sent to Earth? Of course, there are many possibilities, but this is the one I'd like to see in a fic:

Both Kal-El (aka Clark Kent) and Zara are sent to Earth as babies, and before they can get romantically attached to someone else (Lois...), they are told that they are promised to each other at birth (the whole birthwife/birthhusband thing).

Of course, being brought up on Earth does have a major impact on Zara's personality. She might be anything from a spoiled brat to a loving and caring person.

What I'd like you to consider:
Are both children sent to Earth in one ship only? If so, it can be assumed they're both found by the Kents, who raise 'Clark' and 'Sara' as their own, maybe even as twins. So, how does their relationship develop? Will they actually get romantically involved? And what will happen once they meet their respective soul mates?

Assume Kal and Zara were sent in different ships, and Clark is indeed found and raised by the Kents. In this scenario, you'd have to come up with a background for Zara. Will she be raised in Smallville (maybe even as Lana Lang?) or somewhere else in Kansas (meeting Clark in their college days) or Metropolis (aka Mayson Drake - or even Cat Grant)? Maybe Zara is raised somewhere else entirely (as a Nigerian princess, for instance)...

Anyway, sooner or later they are bound to meet. What will happen? Will they discover their telepathic talents? Will they feel they have to marry because it was the will of their families?

What happens when Clark meets Lois? And who is Zara's soul mate in this story? Lt. Ching from NK? Bill Henderson? Dan Scardino? A Lt. Ching of the US Army/Navy/Air Force?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Top Banana
Top Banana
I will answer one postulated scenario right now: studies of Kibbutzim children and adoptive families show that children raised together normally do not become romantically involved - for them it becomes incestuous. And among humans, incest is a pathology.

So a Kal-El and Zara raised together would be looking for mates outside the family. Enter Lois Lane and an officer named Ching.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
I've seen Lois as Zara a few times [Girl Next Door IIRC being the most recent/memorable for me personally but I know I've seen more but it's been much longer].

Carol

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Funny thing is I never actually saw the Lois from "Girl Next Door" as Zara... I really meant for Zara to be a different person than Lois, just to make things a little bit different.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
You're right in that she's not like the Zara we see from the /shudder/ NK arc, but we don't know what Zara would have been like if she'd been raised on Earth /shrug/. And it wasn't known that Lois was Zara until fairly late in the fic iirc.

Would be interesting either way to be sure. Lana as Zara would be interesting though it would depend, I'm sure, on your interpretation of Lana... And Lana's parents...

Carol

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like this premise, Mellie.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard