Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
A couple of weeks ago I felt inspired to try to illustrate Sue's nfic "The Difference." (Illustrating is kind of my thing.)

Since then, I've been working on a few more wallpapers... trying to use images from the series in unique ways.

Anyway, I had this thought... Why can't an image inspire a story, instead of the other way around?

I know the scene below could be out of 1001 stories...but it's romantic, moody... and the scene at the top left makes it a little different.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Click on thumbnail for a larger image. Then click again for full size.]

It's just a thought...

smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that is beautifully done. I like what you did with the photograpy there . It is all soft and dark and moody, sexy. I like the juxtaposition of the two images one in the upper left and the larger in the lower right. Very artistically done. Too bad you can't use it other then with us. If only you were able to take the photos yourself,g> Wouldn't that have been fun! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Why can't an image inspire a story, instead of the other way around?
Um, I think that's an awesome idea for a challenge thread!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
What a beautiful, romantic, sexy picture! It's so full of emotions, and so dark, too. As if love was the only thing that could bring light to a dark world. But the way the image of Lois and Clark is reflected and modified, so that it is not quite clear what is happening or not, gives it a half-unreal, somehow foreboding feeling, too.

Thank you for making this image and for showing it to us!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I love your work. That is a great idea. I hope some authors take notice of these.

Beautiful work.

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the comments! smile

That particular piece (above) evolved from this one... (I have another color version that adds Lois, but it's a little more risque.)

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It inspired that kind of "film noir" treatment...

I imagined that Clark had been having restless dreams... and is startled awake to find Lois watching him... something brought her to him... perhaps she was acting on similar feelings... or is he just having a lucid dream...

One could imagine all kinds of scenarios... and I guess that's the point.

wink

I love chiaroscuro |kēˌärəˈsk(y)oŏrō; kēˌarə-noun

The treatment of light and shade in drawing and painting.
• an effect of contrasted light and shadow created by light falling unevenly or from a particular direction on something : the chiaroscuro of cobbled streets.

ORIGIN mid 17th cent.: from Italian, from chiaro ‘clear, bright’ (from Latin clarus) + oscuro ‘dark, obscure’ (from Latin obscurus).

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Laurach:
Wow that is beautifully done. I like what you did with the photograpy there . It is all soft and dark and moody, sexy. I like the juxtaposition of the two images one in the upper left and the larger in the lower right. Very artistically done. Too bad you can't use it other then with us.
Kind of like all the beautiful, professionally written stories people post here... For fans eyes only. It's a fun little hobby... habit... OK, borderline obsession...

blush

Originally posted by TOC:
What a beautiful, romantic, sexy picture! It's so full of emotions, and so dark, too. As if love was the only thing that could bring light to a dark world. But the way the image of Lois and Clark is reflected and modified, so that it is not quite clear what is happening or not, gives it a half-unreal, somehow foreboding feeling, too.
I always thought those "bedroom scenes" could have used a little more mood lighting...

Whatever is happening... it's not all bad!

laugh

Note: I work on a iMac, which tends to render lighter than a PC. So, for some the details might be TOO obscure.

With a DARK image, may-be I should have two versions. Darn monitors are always wild cards. frown

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok... Still playing with the "noir" look...

Just a little risque.

blush

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What brought her there...did she just walk in and find him asleep... or has she been there with him... is this the first time she's seen him sans glasses... really seen him... or are the shadows playing with her imagination...

Inquiring minds want to know... wink

Might have to add this to a montage later...

Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh wow! Those were beautifully done. I can't appreciate the look on my very small screen, so I plan looking at them later.

This is taking my mind off the price of gas. Two seconds ago I found out it went up to 147.9/Litre. It hasn't been that much here yet, from what I've seen.....ah, where's Clark's chest????? Ah there is is......

Very happy.

Awesome B&W - It looks calming and sensual.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
^
Heh. Glad to help.

Clark's chest... very therapeutic.

wink

Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by cp33:
I love your work. That is a great idea. I hope some authors take notice of these.

Beautiful work.
Thought I had another to add, but changed my mind. However, I had trouble finding the thread so...

Bump.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, these are great. Which episode is the picture of Clark from? Or did you put it together from several pics? Anyway, they are awesome.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Ok, that is a good challenge question... what is the name of the episode where Clark wakes up from a dream... he's floating and falls down... there is lightning... I'll think of it in a second.

Anyway, the images of him half sitting on the bed and deliciously shirtless are from that quick little scene.

Obviously Lois was added in one and the image of the kiss is from Soul Mates. It's amazing the difference lighting makes. I did do quite a bit of manipulation.

smile

Blogger
Blogger
Foundling? Isn't that the ep?

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you've made up your mind that you just aren't doing anything productive for the rest of the day.

"It's Dean Cain, Grandpa. He lives in our chair." G.R.I.P.E.S

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard