Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#133606 07/14/08 08:58 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, so during an other-wise blissful LnC DVD perusing session, I found myself watching the episode where (shudder) Mayson Drake is introduced, and it made me very angry.

I can understand Clark thinking Lois is shallow when she ignores him in favor of the super-powered version of him. I get that.

But then he falls for Mayson, who
1. Hates Superman -- and bear in mind,
A. Clark is genetically Kryptonian, with all that entails
B. *Clark* is the one who became Superman because he needs to help people. This is Clark's unstoppable goodytwoshoesness being expressed.

Now, speaking of shallow, it became apparent that Mayson had fallen for Clark because
1. He's good looking, and
2. His "bravery", because she thinks he's an ordinary mortal who's defying death by testifying. *HE'S BULLETPROOF!* grumble

And Clark. Falls for her. Like. A. Moron. whinging

Okay, I know that Mayson did not win in the end, and that Lois and Clark wound up together, la-dee-da. Yay, cheers, and hoopla. But still, this episode made me very angry, and I need a remedy.

Please, somebody, give me a remedy! peep

Well, anyway...I need a fixfic. Anyone care to oblige? grovel

~•~
#133607 07/14/08 01:23 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait... he doesn't really fall for her - I mean, he likes her, but he's never actually "in love" with Mayson, is he?

Granted she kisses him, but there's a couple of times where it's more than obvious that he's not interested in her that way at all...

Or am I just imagining things?

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#133608 07/14/08 01:34 PM
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I don't know...but if I didn't have like 30 million other fics in the works, I might just take this one on...oh well...I am sure someone else will do it.

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
#133609 07/14/08 09:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think she intrigued him. She was the only (sane/non-evil) person he knew who didn't like/trust Superman. And she liked him for Clark.

Both were fairly new experiences for him.

Having someone with a good heart who didn't trust Superman immediately and implicitly helped keep him honest. It's a danger, when so many people believe in you so strongly, to a degree that you're not sure you can live up to. A danger that you'll let it go to your head and take things too far. And a relief, to have someone who isn't part of the fawning crowds when you don't really enjoy the spotlight (and, deep down, still aren't fully comfortable with it), someone who doesn't believe that just because you're a superhero, you're perfect.

On the Clark side of things... Here's an attractive woman who's interested in the nice, shy, quiet guy. We don't know Clark's past fully, but I get the sense that it's not something he's used to. There was Lana, but she was wrapped up in her own world. And maybe there was someone in college, but it can't have been anyone too major because he left to go travel the globe, alone. And, too, he had his secret to hide and no way to let it out, which probably made him more shy, private, and reclusive.

So... as Lara said, I don't think he was even "in love" with her, that he ever "fell" for her. But he liked her, and he found her intriguing, unique, and flattering.

Also, he didn't have much choice about it. The writers wanted some tension... wink

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#133610 07/15/08 12:01 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wait... he doesn't really fall for her - I mean, he likes her, but he's never actually "in love" with Mayson, is he?

Granted she kisses him, but there's a couple of times where it's more than obvious that he's not interested in her that way at all...

Or am I just imagining things?
I think she intrigued him. She was the only (sane/non-evil) person he knew who didn't like/trust Superman. And she liked him for Clark.
I’ve always thought of it like the above, too. I think Clark was just flattered - after all, the sexual longing oozed from Mayson (kudos to Farrah Forke for making us feel it on the small screen). And then, too, since Clark was a virgin maybe he wasn’t sure how to deal with that kind of attention. And maybe he was hoping to see if Lois might get a little bit jealous.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#133611 07/16/08 07:24 AM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
*sigh* Paul, must you be so reasonable? grumble

wink

Really, I think I get it now (sort of. grumble ). Though, of course, I still don't like it. And a fixfic would be nice. Maybe make it into a contest?

Who can get rid of Mayson Drake the fastest? laugh

~•~
#133612 07/16/08 07:45 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I can!

"Hello, I'm Mayson!"

"Hi, my name is Clark, but I'm really Superman!"
thud

(a bit ooc, I admit wink )

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#133613 07/16/08 08:05 AM
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Sent this to Mary in chat a little while ago:

'Hi I'm Mayson I want to talk to you about testifying against Baby Rage.'

Her head snapped back as the sniper across the street shot her through the window.

Carol

#133614 07/16/08 09:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
*sigh* Paul, must you be so reasonable?
Yeah, I get that a lot. :p

Who can get rid of Mayson Drake the fastest?
Mayson: I don't trust Superman. In fact, he makes my job a lot harder. Really, I'd prefer if he didn't exist at all.

Clark: Yeah... uhm, that's going to be a problem. Kind of a deal-breaker, really. Nice knowing you, though.

Mayson: Huh. I'd heard they were friends, but I didn't know they were that close.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#133615 07/16/08 04:39 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I saw Mayson as the wake up call for Lois that she could lose Clark.

#133616 07/16/08 08:41 PM
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
I could get rid of Mayson pretty fast...In fact I could rid us of both Mayson and Dan in one foul swoop. goofy

#133617 07/18/08 05:22 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Mayson and Clark and Lois and Dan double date. Mayson and Dan realize that are attracted to each other and leave together while Lois and Clark are arguing over a story. When they finish arguing they realize that have been ditched and decide they belong together.

The End!

#133618 07/18/08 10:31 PM
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Okay...so cp33 can read my mind...which is kinda awesome, yet at the same time worries me...cause that means either that my thoughts aren't very original or that she may start to see other thoughts... eek help peep

#133619 07/19/08 06:28 AM
Columnist
Columnist
I am a mom and a teacher, so I have to have eyes in the back of my head and read between the lines to determine what my kids are trying to say!

#133620 09/09/08 05:25 AM
Blogger
Blogger
I always thought -- it would be interesting to see Mayson and *Superman* trapped together, or forced to spend some time together.

I'll never get around to actually writing it, but if anyone else wants to give it a shot, please do!

Peace, Carolyn
#133621 09/11/08 05:56 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Her head snapped back as the sniper across the street shot her through the window.
And of course, we all know that a shot through the window is always fatal.

Sorry. I was ragging on the misplaced modifier. Comes from being a grammar commissar.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#133622 09/29/08 06:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, Terry, I'm glad you're a grammar commissar! I want to be one too. Do you have to take an exam? Is there a license?

(Really, I'm not mocking you. I'm just laughing at the "shot through the window is always fatal". It must be like getting shot through the spleen.)

It's great you can point out a grammar error while laughing about it. That's the best way to deliver the constructive criticism. I know I'll remember this bit about misplaced modifiers for a long time!

(Also, extra points for using "commissar".)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard