Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The original concept for Mission Impossible was an agency that could find exactly the right person for any mission, no matter how extraordinary the talents needed, drawing on the entire population of the USA. In the end they usually used a small pool of recurring characters, but the original idea had some interesting possibilities.

Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to write a mission which requires the talents of at least one of the L&C characters, but NOT for the usual reasons. The only exception is that they do NOT want Superman involved - maybe they suspect that the enemy has Kryptonite, or have some other reason (such as planetary security) to keep him out of it

For example, the IMF might need a singer with good unarmed combat and burglary skills - enter Lois. Or someone who can pose as an expert on geckos, such as Clark.

Try to avoid the really obvious ones - yes, Jimmy's a good hacker but the US government already has all the hackers it needs - and anything that draws on the character's usual areas of expertise.

It'll help if you think how Mission Impossible episodes usually worked - something nearly always went wrong, and the most exciting moments were dealing with the problem without blowing the mission. Often the apparent problem was the moment at which the mission came together - for example, in one episode a criminal was knocked out and told that he'd moved several years into the future via cryogenics, exposed that lie and "escaped", but didn't realise that the real deception was that calendars had been moved forward a couple of days, so that when he went to collect his loot he was followed and arrested before the Statute of Limitations ran out the following day.

This post won't self-destruct in ten seconds, but it'd be cool if it did...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ok,
what about needing Perry for his yodelling skills eek in order to have someone blend into Oktoberfest.... for I don't know some international conspiracy involving beer being sold here...

Ok, OK, ... but don't complain grumble I just wanted to think of a reason Perry was yodelling... eek

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Works for me. Or something involving finding an Elvis impersonator?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Kerth
Kerth
A yodelling Elvis impersonator... And, about the Oktoberfest: Everything there is horribly expensive. Maybe Perry would have to expose the reason? *g*

Or maybe someone is needed to drive some suspect nuts? And, of course, the MI agent would have to be able to defend herself (at least some) and be able to resist any temptation about alcohol (which might prove a pitfall for Ellen Lane).

Or you want someone with experience in both bionics and boxing so he can experiment on his volunteers? Might be what happened in that S1-episode introducing Sam Lane...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
G
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
G
Perhaps they need someone who is a public face to help them find out who is behind this big corporation conspiricy thing so they get Lex...not knowing that he is really the one behind the whole thing, so he spends his "mission time" trying to frame Superman! evil

"Madness is like gravity...it just takes a little push." ~The Joker
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mission Impossible was one of my favorite shows growing up. Your mission, should you choose to accept it... Even back then, I thought they should have a show revealing that there was an alien in their mist named Spock (aka The Amazing Paris). So maybe instead of finding Spock, they want to find out who Superman really is because of 'national security'. And they think Lois Lane is the lady for the job.

Great idea! I hope somebody takes the bate.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard