I'm posting this for Pel since she's having trouble with her connection frown and she's asked me to say; "I'm trying to get back in the saddle, so I'm starting slowly." The first post of many, she promises!!! wink

The Sweetest Goodbye
-
-
-
The door slammed shut behind her with a bang as she burst into the room angrily. Lois might have been in a better mood if it hadn’t been the end of June and if she hadn’t known what was facing her on this particular Friday.

Crossing the floor, she made for Lucy’s room, and when she found it empty, her eyes were immediately drawn to a single piece of paper lying unobtrusively on a pillow on the bed. Noting that it had the letter ‘L’ on it, she made a dash for it and hastily ripped it open. She swore; if this was some note telling her that she’d tricked her mother into signing the necessary papers, too drunk to remember doing so, Lucy would regret the fact that she wasn’t invulnerable.

Unfolding the papers, she began to read.

Dear Lois,

Please, don’t feel angry about having only a letter to explain what’s happened. It’s amazing what love does to you, wouldn’t you say? I’ve gone out to see the world with my new boyfriend, Tommy. Please don’t judge him by his numerous pierced body parts or by the fact that you can to learn everything you need to know about the flowers and bees just by looking at the tattoos. He’s a great guy, really.

But there’s even more good news. I’m pregnant, and his best friend, Dusty, has already promised us free parking for a gigantic trailer we’ll be living in. How neat is that? It’s in the forest, so we’ll get our privacy, but we won’t be totally alone either, so don’t worry: one of Hell’s Angels headquarters is located only five minutes away. Mary-Ellen, Curtis, Tommy, Bobby, Courtney, Cassidy and Jake – my seven future children – are absolutely going to love it there!

Also, I’ve learned that pot isn’t that dangerous – you just got to learn how to use it. Tommy’s even thinking about going into the business, so that we can grow our own and sell it. Then all our money problems are solved.

It’s amazing how much Dusty has helped us along. No matter what you’ve said, Lois, I know now that there really are people who will go a long way to help out their friends, even if it’s the last thing he does. So let’s just hope they find a cure for AIDS really soon now, so that Dusty can get better, ‘cause he really deserves it.

But please, don’t worry about me, okay? I’m a big girl now, almost seventeen years old. I’ll come visit you sometime and show you all your new nephews and nieces.

Love,
Lucy

PS: None of this is true. I just wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than my report card – you know, the one that’s lying on my desk. Deep breaths!

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black