Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...what universe or universes would you pick?

I know that Crossovers with LnC are not that popular with this community but there are a few us out there.

The universe doesn't matter.

It can make sense, like CSI, Law & Order, or Quincy.

It can be super, like Batman (Hi Lara wave ), Justice League, or X-men.

It can be obtuse, like Sue Thomas F.B.Eye or Iron Chef(Hi Jeff Brogden, wave )(be prepared to write them if they are too obtuse. wink )

It can be totally off the wall, like...umm, F-Troop or Strawberry Shortcake.(I saw a Strawberry Shortcake/Adam from Buffy that was just terrifying same this Sesame Street)

It can be supernatural, like Buffy (Howdy Marcus and Shayne wave ) or Hercules or Pushing Daisies.

It can be anything you want. I'd like to know.

Why, you may ask?

Oh, yes, the reason.
I'd like to set up a pool of pairings(romantic or non-romantic, your choice) between the characters of Lois and Clark and these other universes. They can be any size drabbles to epic to series(if we really like it).
Serious, humorous, ROFLOBO (ROFLaughing our butt off)

I'd like to come up with 2008 pairings to be written in 2008. Some think I'm crazy (my muse is not talking to me right now...)

But, I think with the talent we have here, it could be done.

For example. Jimmy Olsen and Smurfette.

Jimmy sat across the table from the little blue skinned blonde and smiled. She smiled back at him.

She was perfect. That little blue nose and lovely way she smiled. She always ate off his plate, so she was a cheap date. She never tried to dominate the conversation.

She had a little bed above his and they said good night to each other every night.

After their dinner was done, she quickly climbed up on his manly shoulder and they walked off into the sunset.

Jimmy jerked himself away and shook his head. “No more Smurf marathons, ever!”

Fin.

That was just off the top of my head (see what happens when you go through NaNoWriMo...)

I am making up a list of characters from LnC, but I really need some other universes to pair up against this one.

Here is my list.

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Buffy
Pushing Daisies
Star Trek TOS

That will be a start.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I'd like to see a crossover with the characters from Seinfeld. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Be forewarned, I'm actually not intimately familiar with most of the shows out there. blush But I can try, I guess.

My Wish list:

Batman
Superfriends laugh
Movieverse (Ah, those Clark-to-Clark talks, and the thwapping of MovieClark that I hope shall ensue).
Sailor Moon
Rugrats
Peanuts goofy

Now, of course, I'm going to go to my happy place and imagine MovieSuperman being repeatedly smacked with a 2x4 for his massive lunkheadedness. Thanks! cool

~•~
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
The universe doesn't matter.
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards? Because I can think of two universes I'd like to crossover with, one of which is Buffy (which has already been mentioned) and another is a British sit-com that is currently on hiatus (for the past 9 years... grumble ).

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
TJ's *Bast* story sort of put this into my head and it absolutely refuses to go away!

So, if it *is* gonna be a crossover then definitely, the Mummy - Rick and Evie! jump

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
These are the crossovers I'd like to see:

LnC/Comic book Superman/Movieverse Superman.

LnC/Star Trek (preferably Kirk and Spock, or possibly Captain Janeway)

And that... ummm... kind of exhausts my list of crossovers I'd like to see. laugh (But hey, I'm never opposed to a good Batman crossover. laugh )

Ann

(Ehhh... why did the Batman crossover make me think of a Batman crossdresser? blush blush blush I couldn't find a good image of a Batman crossdresser, but I think this will have to do:)

[Linked Image]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards?
If it gives you joy to write it, why not?

My only problem with crossovers (James has heard this so many times he can probably lip-sync as I type this) is that most people who write them assume you are intimately knowledgable of both worlds, so the uninformed reader can be left in the dark. Not meaning to diss your great drabble, James, but if you didn't know Smurfette were only two apples tall you might get an entirely different mental picture when she hopped onto his shoulder to go home. (Don't get me wrong, I truly liked the drabble. It was world-class, as drabbles go.) So feel free to write about any universe you want to, but please, introduce me to the characters. I'd like to get to know them.

E
who votes for the equally obscure Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye; Nancy Drew; Bobbsey Twins... Ohhh, Baby Gunnerson would be great in a Blade Runner crossover.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Alisha Knight:
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards? Because I can think of two universes I'd like to crossover with, one of which is Buffy (which has already been mentioned) and another is a British sit-com that is currently on hiatus (for the past 9 years... grumble ).
The more the merrier, but like I said up above 'be prepared to write them if they are too obtuse'.

Now I am working on the pairing up now, and even though we are narrowing things down on the LnC side, I will be only picking the main characters for the other universes.

This doesn't mean that you can't write up a pair up of your own, just let me know a head of time.

As for the ones indicated.
We have
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Buffy
Pushing Daisies
Star Trek TOS
Seinfeld
Batman
Superfriends(Any particular ones? There are a lot of them!)
Superman 2
Superman Returns
Smallville
Sailor Moon (Honestly, know nothing about this one)
Rugrats (DITTO on knowing nothing about this one)
Peanuts
Mummy (Cool idea!)
Comic Book Superman
Star Trek Voyager
Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye
Nancy Drew
Bobbsey Twins
Blade Runner
12-23-07
Harry Potter
Wallace and Gromit
The West Wing
Dead Like Me
Doctor Who
CSI Las Vegas.

Nice start. I will start working on this group, but if there are any others, please feel free to include them here.

Thanks!

James

Kerth
Kerth
I've had some fun writing crossovers with Harry Potter, Wallace and Gromit (in fact my BtVS / W&G crossover did have them building a machine whose components included "Kansas meteor rocks"), Pushing Daisies, The West Wing (already written one L&C crossover though), Dead Like Me, Doctor Who, and quite a few others that worked well with the Buffyverse. Almost anything could probably be shoehorned in somehow, the one I'd particularly like to see though is CSI Las Vegas.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've contemplated a cross over with Harry Dresden of the Dresden files (the books are great, but I liked the short-lived TV series also).

The biggest problem with that is the whole 'magic thing'. Superman's weakness against magic makes him pretty superfluous in those situations, but it would be fun to see Lois lock horns with Chicago's resident Wizard investigator.

Tank (who always liked the character of Susan, who was very Loislike, and was sorry to see her character walk out of Dresden's life when infected by those bad old vampires)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about Star Trek TNG and DS9, too? wink
And Farscape? Catherine would love that. wink
Grey's Anatomy? *lol*
Third Rock from the Sun?
Remington Steele?
The Muppet Show!!!!!

I'd kinda giggle at a Survior or Amazing Race thing. ROFL! Oooh! Or MythBusters. HAHAHA! OK, I'm sorry, now I'm just being stupid. wink

(and I haven't mentioned because he's already on the list... but... BATMAN!!!! BATMAN!!!! ahum. Thank you.)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mary said ‘Batman’. I don’t know if she meant Batman the tv series or not, but think a LnC universe cross over with the goofy Batman from the tv series would be hilarious.

Here’s my list (in no particular order except for Highlander which would be my first choice):

Highlander (Oooh... the Cassandra / Cat possibilities.)
Smallville
The Adventures of Superman (original tv series)
Batman, the tv series
Buffy
Charmed
Dr. Who
Star Trek (any series, but something with Captain Janeway would be a plus)
Forever Knight
HeMan (so, hey, that’s out there...)
CSI
Hannah Montana (since she also has a duel identity)
Oooh, and Marcus’ idea of Dead Like Me sounds like it could make a great story.

So feel free to write about any universe you want to, but please, introduce me to the characters. I'd like to get to know them.
Yes, Elisabeth, I totally agree that any crossovers should thoroughly introduce the characters. So let me start with one. Highlander (in brief) is a show about a bunch of people who are immortal. Immortals play a deadly ‘game’ because it is prophesied that ‘there can be only one’. The only way to permanently kill an immortal is to behead them - thus the ‘game’. ‘There can be only one’ means that one immortal is to be left in the end and they will more or less rule the world. (But our dear hero usurped this idea and changed it.) The hero of the story is 400 year-old Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. He is a good guy who hates the ‘game’ but has to participate to survive. One of his mentors (and lovers) was Cassandra, a 5000 year-old immortal, who was played by Tracy Scoggins (Cat).

I'd kinda giggle at a Survior or Amazing Race thing.
Hey, don’t giggle, Lara! I actually have the beginnings of a Survivor / LnC story sitting on my hard drive waiting to be finished. :rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Here's my list (in no particular order except for Highlander which would be my first choice):

Highlander (Oooh... the Cassandra / Cat possibilities.)
Try Nine Lives which may just possibly fit this description wink

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let's see - Lois & Cl...Kal-El is a crossover with the TV series U.F.O.

Plane Storm and After the Storm crosses with Superman Returns.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, don’t giggle, Lara! I actually have the beginnings of a Survivor / LnC story sitting on my hard drive waiting to be finished.
Oooh! How cool! You have to let me read that, you realize!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Not to put a damper oan ANY Crossover fics, but Survivor and Amazing Race would not work out for what I have in mind.

The point of this challenge is to write about LnC characters interacting with other series characters.

EDIT:

My wife reminded me that the other problem with Survivor or Amazing race or even Dancing with the Stars is that these are all real people and so should be avoided.

Also, to put a reasonable limit on this, I am calling Midnight December 31st, Saint Louis Time as the end point for suggestions. I will then work for a week or so on the pairings.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For the record, Iron Chef wasn't me.

Although it was hard to find out who, since the story doesn't seem to have made it to the archives.

But I did finally find Jeff Brogden\'s Gastronomic Revalations .

And, while I was searching those boards to try to find that story, I came across this old thread , which might be of interest. smile (And, actually, there is a very brief Iron Chef xover there, written by yours truly, after all.)

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about JAG? Oh and Merry Christmas...Happy Hannukkah!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, Elisabeth pointed out that my original idea, as wonderful as it may be, was too grandiose to run and accomplish.

So, I am changing a few things and taking a page from LaraMoon

I am planing on a series of Fic-A-Thons in 2008.

So, here is the timeline and the new rules.

December 19th through mid-night December 31st:
Suggestions of series/characters to write with Lois and Clark.

Mid-night January 1st:
I will post a list of all of the series suggested.

January 2 through mid-night January 7th:
Sign-ups for authors.

Here is what you need to indicate when you sign-up:
1. Series you are crossing over with.
2. Character(s) from #1 that you are picking.
3. Featured guest LnC character(s) you are going to pair #2 with.

If you want it all to be a mystery, please PM me with the information.

All Subject Lines should contain Crossover Fic-a-thon.

February 18th:
Stories due.

Please, don't feel that these pairings have to be romantic. They aren't necessarily Valentine's fanfics, I am just giving you a full six weeks to write everything.

Kerth
Kerth
I had this little idea for a Wonderwoman crossover... blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard