Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
...what universe or universes would you pick?

I know that Crossovers with LnC are not that popular with this community but there are a few us out there.

The universe doesn't matter.

It can make sense, like CSI, Law & Order, or Quincy.

It can be super, like Batman (Hi Lara wave ), Justice League, or X-men.

It can be obtuse, like Sue Thomas F.B.Eye or Iron Chef(Hi Jeff Brogden, wave )(be prepared to write them if they are too obtuse. wink )

It can be totally off the wall, like...umm, F-Troop or Strawberry Shortcake.(I saw a Strawberry Shortcake/Adam from Buffy that was just terrifying same this Sesame Street)

It can be supernatural, like Buffy (Howdy Marcus and Shayne wave ) or Hercules or Pushing Daisies.

It can be anything you want. I'd like to know.

Why, you may ask?

Oh, yes, the reason.
I'd like to set up a pool of pairings(romantic or non-romantic, your choice) between the characters of Lois and Clark and these other universes. They can be any size drabbles to epic to series(if we really like it).
Serious, humorous, ROFLOBO (ROFLaughing our butt off)

I'd like to come up with 2008 pairings to be written in 2008. Some think I'm crazy (my muse is not talking to me right now...)

But, I think with the talent we have here, it could be done.

For example. Jimmy Olsen and Smurfette.

Jimmy sat across the table from the little blue skinned blonde and smiled. She smiled back at him.

She was perfect. That little blue nose and lovely way she smiled. She always ate off his plate, so she was a cheap date. She never tried to dominate the conversation.

She had a little bed above his and they said good night to each other every night.

After their dinner was done, she quickly climbed up on his manly shoulder and they walked off into the sunset.

Jimmy jerked himself away and shook his head. “No more Smurf marathons, ever!”

Fin.

That was just off the top of my head (see what happens when you go through NaNoWriMo...)

I am making up a list of characters from LnC, but I really need some other universes to pair up against this one.

Here is my list.

Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Buffy
Pushing Daisies
Star Trek TOS

That will be a start.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
L
Blogger
Blogger
L
I'd like to see a crossover with the characters from Seinfeld. laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Be forewarned, I'm actually not intimately familiar with most of the shows out there. blush But I can try, I guess.

My Wish list:

Batman
Superfriends laugh
Movieverse (Ah, those Clark-to-Clark talks, and the thwapping of MovieClark that I hope shall ensue).
Sailor Moon
Rugrats
Peanuts goofy

Now, of course, I'm going to go to my happy place and imagine MovieSuperman being repeatedly smacked with a 2x4 for his massive lunkheadedness. Thanks! cool

~•~
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
The universe doesn't matter.
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards? Because I can think of two universes I'd like to crossover with, one of which is Buffy (which has already been mentioned) and another is a British sit-com that is currently on hiatus (for the past 9 years... grumble ).

C
Features Writer
Features Writer
C
TJ's *Bast* story sort of put this into my head and it absolutely refuses to go away!

So, if it *is* gonna be a crossover then definitely, the Mummy - Rick and Evie! jump

CG
------------

( oo * Work) + (1 * Hubby) + (2 * Kids) = 0 * Time
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
These are the crossovers I'd like to see:

LnC/Comic book Superman/Movieverse Superman.

LnC/Star Trek (preferably Kirk and Spock, or possibly Captain Janeway)

And that... ummm... kind of exhausts my list of crossovers I'd like to see. laugh (But hey, I'm never opposed to a good Batman crossover. laugh )

Ann

(Ehhh... why did the Batman crossover make me think of a Batman crossdresser? blush blush blush I couldn't find a good image of a Batman crossdresser, but I think this will have to do:)

[Linked Image]

E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards?
If it gives you joy to write it, why not?

My only problem with crossovers (James has heard this so many times he can probably lip-sync as I type this) is that most people who write them assume you are intimately knowledgable of both worlds, so the uninformed reader can be left in the dark. Not meaning to diss your great drabble, James, but if you didn't know Smurfette were only two apples tall you might get an entirely different mental picture when she hopped onto his shoulder to go home. (Don't get me wrong, I truly liked the drabble. It was world-class, as drabbles go.) So feel free to write about any universe you want to, but please, introduce me to the characters. I'd like to get to know them.

E
who votes for the equally obscure Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye; Nancy Drew; Bobbsey Twins... Ohhh, Baby Gunnerson would be great in a Blade Runner crossover.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Alisha Knight:
Does this mean that it doesn't matter if the universe has a small international fanbase, and most of the fans live in the UK and are unlikely to be on these boards? Because I can think of two universes I'd like to crossover with, one of which is Buffy (which has already been mentioned) and another is a British sit-com that is currently on hiatus (for the past 9 years... grumble ).
The more the merrier, but like I said up above 'be prepared to write them if they are too obtuse'.

Now I am working on the pairing up now, and even though we are narrowing things down on the LnC side, I will be only picking the main characters for the other universes.

This doesn't mean that you can't write up a pair up of your own, just let me know a head of time.

As for the ones indicated.
We have
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Buffy
Pushing Daisies
Star Trek TOS
Seinfeld
Batman
Superfriends(Any particular ones? There are a lot of them!)
Superman 2
Superman Returns
Smallville
Sailor Moon (Honestly, know nothing about this one)
Rugrats (DITTO on knowing nothing about this one)
Peanuts
Mummy (Cool idea!)
Comic Book Superman
Star Trek Voyager
Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye
Nancy Drew
Bobbsey Twins
Blade Runner
12-23-07
Harry Potter
Wallace and Gromit
The West Wing
Dead Like Me
Doctor Who
CSI Las Vegas.

Nice start. I will start working on this group, but if there are any others, please feel free to include them here.

Thanks!

James

Kerth
Kerth
I've had some fun writing crossovers with Harry Potter, Wallace and Gromit (in fact my BtVS / W&G crossover did have them building a machine whose components included "Kansas meteor rocks"), Pushing Daisies, The West Wing (already written one L&C crossover though), Dead Like Me, Doctor Who, and quite a few others that worked well with the Buffyverse. Almost anything could probably be shoehorned in somehow, the one I'd particularly like to see though is CSI Las Vegas.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I've contemplated a cross over with Harry Dresden of the Dresden files (the books are great, but I liked the short-lived TV series also).

The biggest problem with that is the whole 'magic thing'. Superman's weakness against magic makes him pretty superfluous in those situations, but it would be fun to see Lois lock horns with Chicago's resident Wizard investigator.

Tank (who always liked the character of Susan, who was very Loislike, and was sorry to see her character walk out of Dresden's life when infected by those bad old vampires)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about Star Trek TNG and DS9, too? wink
And Farscape? Catherine would love that. wink
Grey's Anatomy? *lol*
Third Rock from the Sun?
Remington Steele?
The Muppet Show!!!!!

I'd kinda giggle at a Survior or Amazing Race thing. ROFL! Oooh! Or MythBusters. HAHAHA! OK, I'm sorry, now I'm just being stupid. wink

(and I haven't mentioned because he's already on the list... but... BATMAN!!!! BATMAN!!!! ahum. Thank you.)

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Mary said ‘Batman’. I don’t know if she meant Batman the tv series or not, but think a LnC universe cross over with the goofy Batman from the tv series would be hilarious.

Here’s my list (in no particular order except for Highlander which would be my first choice):

Highlander (Oooh... the Cassandra / Cat possibilities.)
Smallville
The Adventures of Superman (original tv series)
Batman, the tv series
Buffy
Charmed
Dr. Who
Star Trek (any series, but something with Captain Janeway would be a plus)
Forever Knight
HeMan (so, hey, that’s out there...)
CSI
Hannah Montana (since she also has a duel identity)
Oooh, and Marcus’ idea of Dead Like Me sounds like it could make a great story.

So feel free to write about any universe you want to, but please, introduce me to the characters. I'd like to get to know them.
Yes, Elisabeth, I totally agree that any crossovers should thoroughly introduce the characters. So let me start with one. Highlander (in brief) is a show about a bunch of people who are immortal. Immortals play a deadly ‘game’ because it is prophesied that ‘there can be only one’. The only way to permanently kill an immortal is to behead them - thus the ‘game’. ‘There can be only one’ means that one immortal is to be left in the end and they will more or less rule the world. (But our dear hero usurped this idea and changed it.) The hero of the story is 400 year-old Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. He is a good guy who hates the ‘game’ but has to participate to survive. One of his mentors (and lovers) was Cassandra, a 5000 year-old immortal, who was played by Tracy Scoggins (Cat).

I'd kinda giggle at a Survior or Amazing Race thing.
Hey, don’t giggle, Lara! I actually have the beginnings of a Survivor / LnC story sitting on my hard drive waiting to be finished. :rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Here's my list (in no particular order except for Highlander which would be my first choice):

Highlander (Oooh... the Cassandra / Cat possibilities.)
Try Nine Lives which may just possibly fit this description wink

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
Let's see - Lois & Cl...Kal-El is a crossover with the TV series U.F.O.

Plane Storm and After the Storm crosses with Superman Returns.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hey, don’t giggle, Lara! I actually have the beginnings of a Survivor / LnC story sitting on my hard drive waiting to be finished.
Oooh! How cool! You have to let me read that, you realize!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Not to put a damper oan ANY Crossover fics, but Survivor and Amazing Race would not work out for what I have in mind.

The point of this challenge is to write about LnC characters interacting with other series characters.

EDIT:

My wife reminded me that the other problem with Survivor or Amazing race or even Dancing with the Stars is that these are all real people and so should be avoided.

Also, to put a reasonable limit on this, I am calling Midnight December 31st, Saint Louis Time as the end point for suggestions. I will then work for a week or so on the pairings.

James

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
For the record, Iron Chef wasn't me.

Although it was hard to find out who, since the story doesn't seem to have made it to the archives.

But I did finally find Jeff Brogden\'s Gastronomic Revalations .

And, while I was searching those boards to try to find that story, I came across this old thread , which might be of interest. smile (And, actually, there is a very brief Iron Chef xover there, written by yours truly, after all.)

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Top Banana
Top Banana
How about JAG? Oh and Merry Christmas...Happy Hannukkah!

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Ok, Elisabeth pointed out that my original idea, as wonderful as it may be, was too grandiose to run and accomplish.

So, I am changing a few things and taking a page from LaraMoon

I am planing on a series of Fic-A-Thons in 2008.

So, here is the timeline and the new rules.

December 19th through mid-night December 31st:
Suggestions of series/characters to write with Lois and Clark.

Mid-night January 1st:
I will post a list of all of the series suggested.

January 2 through mid-night January 7th:
Sign-ups for authors.

Here is what you need to indicate when you sign-up:
1. Series you are crossing over with.
2. Character(s) from #1 that you are picking.
3. Featured guest LnC character(s) you are going to pair #2 with.

If you want it all to be a mystery, please PM me with the information.

All Subject Lines should contain Crossover Fic-a-thon.

February 18th:
Stories due.

Please, don't feel that these pairings have to be romantic. They aren't necessarily Valentine's fanfics, I am just giving you a full six weeks to write everything.

Kerth
Kerth
I had this little idea for a Wonderwoman crossover... blush

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Um? sorry, if that's an expression, it kinda got lost in translation. *shrugs* stupid language barrier!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by LaraMoon:
Um? sorry, if that's an expression, it kinda got lost in translation. *shrugs* stupid language barrier!
To 'Take a page from' someone or something is to borrow an idea while ascribing credit at the same time. To imitate another's idea. In your case, a fic-a-thon.

Or at least that is my understanding.

James

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'd love to see:

Frasier (but probably only because there's a rerun on right now)
Heroes
the x-files
the secret world of alex mack
quantum leap
3rd rock from the sun

Don't think about the pink elephant... I dare you!

Thanks to Tineke for the avatar
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I forgot, did anyone mention Narbonic ?

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The comment in Honesty made me think. How about Kim Possible.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not to put a damper oan ANY Crossover fics, but Survivor and Amazing Race would not work out for what I have in mind.
Well, Lara was joking, and I already have one in the works, so no worry there.

So does this mean that the story has to be set in the 'other' universes rather than the Lois and Clark universe? I'd rather have characters from the 'other' universes visit the Lois and Clark universe.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Well I saw an episode of Dinner: Impossible that took place at Graceland and instantly had Perry floating around in my head [how's that for a stretch?!].

NCIS [my other current fave]
Numb3rs
My Name is Earl [not really sure where that one would go...]
Friends [I did one and had another one percolating but not sure if I remember it or not...]
24 [wouldn't having a Superman around help Jack Bauer out?]
LOST [ditto - well, not Jack Bauer but... wink ]
Any CSI [Lana Lang is in... Miami? I think?]
Without a Trace
Criminal Minds

Just some thoughts - not saying *I* would write them but... wink .
Carol

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am fairly new to the boards, but since I find this to be an interesting question, I will answer it anyway.

I cannot really say whether I will be participating in any fic-a-thon or write a story at all, but I will post a "wishlist" of sorts. Some of the shows below have already been mentioned and some may not spring to mind right away, but here goes ...

- The X-Files
(no romance cross-over please wink )

- Coupling UK
(I would love for L&C to spend a London holiday visiting their friend Steve/Susan/etc. whom one of them met during their time abroad - great potential for comic situations and sexy banter)

- Eureka
(I read the challenge here and still hope that someone is secretly working on it; Nathan Stark is so attractive, he would surely bring out Clark's jealousy and possessive streak - which would surely have interesting effects on Lois)

- Wonderfalls
(I know few people saw this, but they really should have - in my opinion it's sweeter, smarter and funnier than Dead Like Me or Pushing Daisies - and has great cross-over potential, e.g. Niagara romance for L&C, comic confusion if Clark could hear the voices pestering Jaye or L&C on assignment in Niagara and an Elvis doll telling Jaye to "get the love-triangle a-rock'n'rolling")

- Men In Trees
(How about the Daily Planet having one of these employee-bonding weekends in Alaska, I would love to bring the quirky people of Elmo together with the quirky people of Metropolis and I always love Perry in a story, he's the greatest)

- Northern Exposure
(see Men in Trees)

- Dr Who
(with Christopher Ecclestone you could even cross-over to his Heroes-self wink )

- Navy CIS
(Oh, the similarities: the pairings of Perry/Jethro, Siva/Lois and Jimmy/McGee would probably get on great - and a lesson or two by womanizing Tony might do Clark the world of good; also, I would like to see Abby coming on to Clark while claiming that this Superguy could really use some black eyeliner and a spiked dog collar ...)

- Black Books
(Okay, this is neither obvious nor would it make more than a vignette, but I would love to read any conversation between Bernhard Black and Lois Lane - her exasperation and smart comebacks would spiral right into madness with his drunk wit and sod-all attitude. I love them both.)

I'm sorry if I totally mis-used and abused this thread and wish you the best of luck with your project, James.

All the best and a happy New Year,

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Classicalla:
So does this mean that the story has to be set in the 'other' universes rather than the Lois and Clark universe? I'd rather have characters from the 'other' universes visit the Lois and Clark universe.
Oh Heavens, NO, NO! A thousand times NOOOOO!!!!!

Seriously, I don't care, as long as it is good.

You can bring other characters to the LnC universe or send LnC characters to the other one. (Like I plan to in my story...)

James

Top Banana
Top Banana
This show was very short-lived but was brilliant.

So a crossover with Det Eddie Arlette and Insp Monty Pippin.
(maybe also the dog)

c.

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I am fairly new to the boards, but since I find this to be an interesting question, I will answer it anyway.
Oh, there's no order of seniority on this forum, Eva! goofy It's opinions that matter and we don't abuse newbies - we value your contribution no matter how new you are to the playground.

So you can post to your little heart's content, all you wish. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! Ooh! Twin Peaks! evil

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Angel without the Buffy.

When Life Gives You Green Velvet Curtains, Make a Green Velvet Dress.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Originally posted by Eva:

- Navy CIS
(Oh, the similarities: the pairings of Perry/Jethro, Siva/Lois and Jimmy/McGee would probably get on great - and a lesson or two by womanizing Tony might do Clark the world of good; also, I would like to see Abby coming on to Clark while claiming that this Superguy could really use some black eyeliner and a spiked dog collar ...)
As Labby said - we don't beat newbies... normally wink .

However, I may make an exception here!! But only because I couldn't come up with anything good to write after NCIS except that it's my other current fave! While Tony isn't quite the playboy anymore, not after S4, I think he and Clark could do each other some good as he tries to deal with the whole 'one woman man' thing. And yes - Abby would definitely hit on Clark! Maybe Klein would put in an appearance too?! I can see a Ziva/Lois relationship similar to Abby/Ziva when she first came on - cautious, contentious, grudging respect. And McGee and Jimmy - LOVE IT! Now... who matches up with Director Shepard...?

Okay - maybe I won't beat you - unless it's to sign up for the Xover wink . Actually, I just hope it gets written - could be a lot of fun!
Carol

Top Banana
Top Banana
Denny Crane and Alan Shore. In the final scene, it's Lois and Clark and Denny Crane and Alan Shore on that balcony. They all light up cigars. Wait, no maybe that's how the story starts.

But does the cigar explode?

c.

Crossovers are so hard to write, though. Difficult enough to get the sense of the characters and feel of the dialogue for one show, let alone two. Am in awe of anyone who was able to write good West Wing fanfic, for example.

Eva Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Labrat, thank you.

It's opinions that matter and we don't abuse newbies - we value your contribution no matter how new you are to the playground.
So I take it, I can use your shovel, too wink

Carol, I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the potential smile

Now... who matches up with Director Shepard...?
How about Leslie Luckabee?
Or if the fic takes place in season 1, you could even set her up with Lex (and spare Lois) ...

Decisions, decisions.

Regarding Tony: if the fic were to be set in NCIS season 1, you could play with the similarities between Tony/Kate and Clark/Lois while still having all that womanizing Tony (Tony and Clark both remind me of puppy dogs sometimes, btw) - could also be fun smile

Eva

kill a cliché, save a reader
Blogger
Blogger
Ohhhh... what about Bones? I can see Booth/Clark going head to head with Bones/Lois...

Here…poke that.
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
oooo Bones! How could I forget Bones?!

Eh - you can play fast and loose with seasons as far as NCIS goes:). It's not like a grown up Lois and Clark would be hanging out with the Jeffersons [oo - a Jeffersons Xover - with a Season's Greedings setting? That could be fun but I have not a clue when I last saw an ep of the Jeffersons /me hums "Movin' on up..."].

You're right though - a S1 NCIS [or even S3 when Ziva first arrives] with an S1/2 Lois and Clark could be fun... smile .
Carol [who is also reminded of puppy dogs]

Features Writer
Features Writer
I am a little amazed that Firefly hasn't been mentioned. Yeah, I know Firefly's way into the future and they never had a chance for a time travel episode but for me it would be neat to see how Lois and Clark could intermingle with that crew.

I think Scrubs is a good candidate for a comedy factor. I can see a flash to the Janitor telling Lois and Clark a huge lie about how he used to be a reporter and if JD overheard, then he'd have this introspective daydream about the Janitor using his reporter skills to get some action, but then Turk would cut in by offering some beers and Elliot would get all paranoid about her eyebrows...

Not remembering where I was going with that, but Dr. Cox would figure everything out I'm sure...

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I am a little amazed that Firefly hasn't been mentioned. Yeah, I know Firefly's way into the future and they never had a chance for a time travel episode but for me it would be neat to see how Lois and Clark could intermingle with that crew.
Oh my. Now that I want to see! Can you imagine what trouble Jayne would get into for starters? rotflol

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
They can't cross over Firefly because Lois would fall in love with Nathan Fillion. I sure as heck would! laugh

Lisa, who has never seen Firefly but plans to.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
E
Merriwether
Merriwether
E
We haven't voted for the obvious--an Inspector Gadget crossover. I think it would also be fun to have Clark visit Barbie: The Island Princess--who has never before seen a man.

Elisabeth

Features Writer
Features Writer
Can you imagine what trouble Jayne would get into for starters?
LOL whatever he managed to do he'd likely say something to make Lois slap him, but knowing Jayne, he'd take that as a come on! clap

Jayne Cobb: Shepherd Book once said to me, "If you can't do something smart, do something RIGHT!
C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
It seems most of these are fairly recent [with good reason] but since L/C have occasional access to a time machine... wink .

What about Honeymooners? I Love Lucy? Andy Griffith [what if Clark had landed in Mayberry and was adopted by the 'Sheriff without a gun'?]? Beverly Hillbillies? Hogan's Heroes? Three's Company [never really watched it myself...]? MASH [was that one mentioned?]? Gone with the Wind? Honey Bunch and Norman [or am I the only one who remembers those kids books?]? Curious George [okay it's on TV right now, but I can just see that curious little monkey getting away from the man in the yellow hat and finding CK's apartment and his secret closet]? Dora wink ?

Okay now I'm getting a little silly but there's some great old shows that might work.
Carol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard