Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I was surfin through some Superman Comics for graphic design class having to re do a comic cover, and came accross a Supermans Girl Friend cominc book and short series through the 80's , anyways towards the end, there was some Clark and Lois action, when one of the villans took away Superman powers and Clark forgot he was suprman, BUT he knew who Clark was. Clark became more confidant towards Lois and such, they started going out and they got married, on their wedding night, Lois found out when Clark was sleeping that he was superman, now she knows the truth, the world was in trouble and needed help, she has to choose between telling Clark he's superman and sharing him with the world or not telling him and keeping Clark to herself.

I though it would interesting to see how somebody took the storyline and re - wrote it and add a few L & C twists, as I don't know exactly how it played out, theres a lot of freedom in this.

I would like to see some dating scenes, and NC-17 scene.

I don't wanna see Lex Luthor as the villian in this one though.

Who's up to this challenege?

~I Love this tragic sometimes magic awful beautiful life!~
Top Banana
Top Banana
The story line for this story is at http://www.supermanhomepage.com/com...-mmrs-intro.php?topic=c-review-pc-sup194

This is a definitely interesting idea and I may work on it a bit - An 'All Shook Up' variation maybe?

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You sure that's the story in question? Given the mention of the 80s in the original post, it sounds more like Superman #484 and the marriage of the Earth-2 Lois and Clark; against that, there is the mention of Luthor, who does not appear in the 80s story (and had been retconned into being Alexei Luthor on E-2 by then anyway).

I really must get back to my L&C meet (part of) the JSA story some time... wink

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've checked on the Superman Homepages and haven't been able to identify a story line quite like that there, and the comic book store people I know can't identify it either. The closest they come is 'Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow' - but that doesn't have an amnesia component. Without knowing the series and volume number, it's hard to say.

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I think Phil has the story pegged. I'm not going to dig out my old comics to check it, but it does sound like the one he mentions.

In it, a villianous magician (I think it might have been Abra Kadabra) decided to prove his 'greatness' by creating a spell that would eliminate Superman. What it wound up doing was taking away Clark's memory and knowledge that he was Superman.

Freed from the need to protect his 'secret identity' Clark true personality shone through and Lois began to really appreciate this new, more dynamic Clark Kent. They date, and over time, fall in love. They were married and would have lived happily ever after if not for an attempt on Clark's life.

While out swimming in the surf, a bad guy sprays Clark with bullets from a machine gun. Clark was faced away and for some reason was unaware of what had happened. Lois, on the other hand, had witnessed the whole thing from the beach.

Lois rushes up to her husband as he comes out of the surf. She thinks that he must be in shock and at death's door. When she throws her arms around him she discovers that he hasn't been scratched.

Lois realizes that her husband, Clark Kent, is actually the long missing Superman. She sets out to find out what happened and eventually comes across the broken-down magician whose life had come crashing down when no one would believe that he was responsible for Superman's exit. The ridicule destroyed him. Lois convinces him to reverse the spell and bring Superman back.

Once Superman was back, Lois goes home and begins to pack. She feels that since Clark would never had married her if he'd still known he was Superman she wasn't going to hold him to their marriage.

Of course, Clark/Superman tells her that while she was probably right, being married to her has made him realize how much he loves her and that he still wants to be married to her. They live happily ever after. (at least until Infinite Crises, where the earth 2 Lois and Clark finally cash in their chips).

At least I think that's the story.

Tank (who always liked that particular story)

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
You just described it perfectly, Tank.

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I like the sounds of that story. I would love to see some fanfic with a premise like that.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Found the blasted thing:
Action Comics #484
Cover date: June 1978

It was retconned to be the wedding story for Kal-L and Lois Lane of Earth-two.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard