Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#132381 10/03/07 08:38 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi All! This idea came from a thread I have in the Off topic section where we were trying to come up with an idea for a new online company name. We got some really good ideas and it was so much fun I thought, "Why not infiltrate LnC into this somehow?" So would anyone be up for writing fics off of random titles people come up with? I forsee hilarious results. I guess we should have some way of claiming a title as your own or we could have multiple authors using the same title with different stories but that could get confusing. What do ya'll think?

Okay here's my title: The Kleenex Box...

Original I know. laugh Anyone up for the challenge?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always
depend on the support of Paul.

-George Bernard Shaw
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I think the idea as a whole is great, but I also think it would be even more fun if multiple authors take the challenge. Each author is going to come up with something completely different, and that's the most fun part!

There has been at least one similiar challenge in the past which resulted in at least two great stories: Dave\'s and CC\'s .

I think this idea is definitely worth resurrecting.

*stares at Kleenex Box for inspiration*

Lisa

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Features Writer
Features Writer
Oooh I like titles!

How Not to Take Over the World

Can I make more than one title?

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
"Metallois"

Tank (who says that this was actually a story he had considered writing, but just doesn't have the time)

Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Great idea! Let's see... Stay Free? (Terrible I know but it is that hideous time of month for me). Maybe better ideas... I know! Did anyone ever watch, gosh probably 10 years ago now on the Disney Channel, a show called "Z Games?" It featured games that young children, sometimes early teens had created and played with their friends? At that time I was finishing up my education degree and was starting preschool teaching so found that show interesting. My point is "Super Games" as in a created game by say a super child of L and C might make for an interesting tale!

Mona

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
this is Nan not Tara. I'm babysitting at her place, so here I am on her computer.

Maybe someone would like to enlarge on this one:

The Burning Haystack -- Or Fiery Days in Smallville.

I'll leave it to you to figure out that one.

Nan

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh dance

The Adventures of HG Wells laugh

~•~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
how about...
the "not so Nutty" professor

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
That Super Son of Mine (I might use this one myself wink

The (some planet) melted or froze my homework! (As in a super excuse for the dog ate my homework).

Cloud Sitting

Treasure Hunting

Features Writer
Features Writer
Wildly Domesticated

Snow Daze

Scientific Progress Goes 'Boink' (Hush, I love Calvin and Hobbes! wink )

Fires of Metropolis

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by Zoar3:

The (some planet) melted or froze my homework! (As in a super excuse for the dog ate my homework).

You mean, as in Zombies Ate My Homework ? laugh (I love that fic!)

And for more titles (which are so much easier to come up with than fics goofy )...

The Baby Sitter

A Matter of Timing

Alas, Poor Shakespeare

First Day On the Job

cool

~•~
Z
Columnist
Columnist
Z
Queen of Capes, I just read the zombie story and it is very funny indeed! Definitely could be a hw excuse. What I had in mind was say one of Clark's children was studying the moon and decided to fly to it for some up close and personal research and in the process some of his/her materials froze or whatever. That kind of thing.

Mona

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
There ought to be warnings against this thread. I looked on in it, in my unsuspecting innocence and before I can yell "Help! Superman", I am beset, bitten and beleaguered by an attack of plot bunnies! Those are some brilliant, brilliant titles!

Favourites so far are "That Super Son of Mine", "Wildly Domesticated" (NFIC!) and "The Baby Sitter".

And I am now being chased by "Mettalois". thud

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
How about Pheromone, My Ugly....

Honeymoon....In Jimmy's Apartment?

Please Tug on Superman's Cape

We Have A Lot to Fight/Kiss About

Alright, I know those are not very original, but they might inspire someone to think about the episode and come up with something.

Original - or so I hope...
To The Winds
Clark's To Do List
I'm a Hack, You're a Hack, Everyone's a Hack Hack! Oops! That one just slipped out!!

I throw in the white flag!!!!

Merriwether
Merriwether
The Yellow Umbrella

Perry Perry, quite Contrary

Lois and Clark: The Moon Diaries

Just Say Whoa

Lady and the Tiger

Growing Panes (Don't ask me why I thought of that)

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Green Card

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Green Card
Wendy and Tank have already done that, Paul. smile

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, right. I thought it seemed familiar. Was just realizing I should have checked.

I dunno. Was thinking of that scene in MJD where Supes is approached by the FAA and the IRS and the INS and everyone over his documentation. And of the fact that Superman and "green" don't exactly mix.

Oh well.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
You are all so creative. How about this one?

Fight or Flight

I hope that at least a few of these get written. I've enjoyed reading "To Do List", which I think was inspired by this challenge.

In honor of the "Pandora's Box" drabbles being posted to the archive today, what would you think of reviving the drabble challenge and using some of the titles here as the topic?

Just a suggestion.

BTW - Woody:
Growing Panes (Don't ask me why I thought of that)
Ooo, I see Tempus and a time window in this one, yes?

BJ

C
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
C
Yup - I was just going to post here that "To Do Lists" was inspired by Missy's post [even though they both end up with a To Do List].

It can be found here.

Carol [who is glad you're enjoying it smile ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard