Print Thread
#132341 09/25/07 10:21 PM
D
dargos Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
D
We know that Superman is a thou shalt not kill American Boyscout.Which is why Lex Luthor is still alive.What if in alternate world he rejected his parents completely,all his morals and became a stone-cold killer.

Conditions:

1.This IS Elseworlds.His personality is totally different from mainstream.
2.Neither Lois or anyone else can ever persuade Superman to change his mind.
3. No Deus Ex Machina-solutions please.

Problem with Elseworlds stories is they frequently return to Status Quo Superman model "Darkseid raised him and he still has same values OR he was found by Waynes and still has same values"
Not this time.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Originally posted by dargos:

Problem with Elseworlds stories is they frequently return to Status Quo Superman model.
Dude, I *totally* agree. It's like they're afraid to have something that's actually different! (There's a website about Tv Tropes, and one of the tropes is titled "Status Quo Is God!" :rolleyes: )

As for Superman killing: Back in the Golden age (1930s-40s) Superman had no qualms about killing bad guys, though he was still a beacon of moral virtue and so forth. Is that what you mean, or were you more into a 'Clark as a villain' concept?

Anyway, interesting idea. It reminds me of a story idea that I once had but will probably never write.
cool

~•~
D
dargos Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
D
As for Superman killing: Back in the Golden age (1930s-40s) Superman had no qualms about killing bad guys, though he was still a beacon of moral virtue and so forth. Is that what you mean, or were you more into a 'Clark as a villain' concept?
Neither really. Clark´s motives are up to the writer.Point here is that in Elseworlds setting Clark just might choose another values.

1. He could be outright "villain Clark"
2. He could be 1938-style Super-anarchist
3. He might condemn the System as corrupt and Kents as naive.
4. He might consider it impossible to be Superman and respect the law at he same time. "Even if i just go running at superspeed, they might prosecute me for reckless endangerment".In comics this is always ignored.How safe should Joe Average feel if there is a man running at hypersonic speeds. WE know there will not be unfortunate collisions.What would Joe Average believe ?
5. Then there is whatever motives writer can invent.It is up to you.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard