Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Zoar3 Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Z
Editor Jax's post asking for which episode we'd like to see more fan fic written on got me to thinking about a possible challenge/round robin idea-I'd love to be part of it if anyone would like to join me?

Here goes, if "I Now Pronounce You" had simply happened as all of us fans wished it would and should have-aka no outrageous frogs or clones or other such 1st wedding destroyers, there would have been more time to invest Lois and Clark's fertility issues separate from but also apart of Clark's invulnerable/aging ones.

I know there was one episode in which Clark tells Lois he simply ages slower than a normal human being. Realistically though, other than Kryptonite, the man is immortal! So if K were ever conquered once and for all, he would live forever and quite possibly at his current age..sort of like in Tuck Everlasting. If so or even if you don't want to fully buy that he would, wouldn't it be glaringly obvious after even 10 years or so that Clark had not aged while Lois and had? And hey that's another question how would that affect their children's ages? I admit to not remembering, but unlike Superman the movie where Clark magically aged 12 Earth years in the time he was gone, in L and C he simply aged well normally, no?

Anyone want to join me in exploring some of the above ideas in a round robin? I do have aim and we could always chat on here. Reply here or email me at DrLu3@yahoo.com. I would lovee to get to know some of you fellow fans and this would be one way to finally do that!

Mona

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OH, I agree the whole wedding arc-clone thing was too convoluted for my tastes... (even as the biological scientist, that I am)

I mean first off, the signing of the registrar (in Australia anyway, and I presume Britain as well) is
ALMOST ALWAYS done AFTER the ceremony... as in:
walk up isle---say "I do"
then either on the alter or in a separate room, the registry is signed... together, with the couple, the celebrant, and at least two other witnesses present who sign along the dotted line in order for the wedding to be legal...

as it happened in INPU, this marriage would not be legal...

and my version of events is also more in keeping with the wedding from season 1 (any objections/rebuttals are welcome as it was over 10 years since I have seen that season...)

You can't have MANSLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER

The Neuroscientist: Eating glass makes you smart...do you want to see what you can learn?
Top Banana
Top Banana
I know there was one episode in which Clark tells Lois he simply ages slower than a normal human being.
Mona, I'm not sure which episode you're thinking of but I wonder if you mean Brutal Youth? It's the only episode that deals with the aging issue, I believe.

But Lois gets the idea from Dr. Klein, not Clark - it's Klein's hypothesis and so he has no way of knowing for sure whether he's right although Klein is always enthusiastic about any of his ideas. smile (that's what research scientists get paid for <g>) Nor can Klein know how long term exposure to the earth's environment will affect Clark.

In BY, it's Lois who tells Clark about Klein's comment.

Needless to say though, Lois was freaked out by the idea and had these horrible visions and nightmares of her future with Clark. (as you can imagine - this is every woman's nightmare : that she will look older than her husband. North America has developed a thriving cosmetics and plastic surgery industry exploiting this anti-aging fear.)

But by the end of Brutal Youth, Clark had transferred some of his "life" force to Jimmy and so we're left not knowing exactly how long Clark might have. What if he'd traded off so much of his life force that he had only a few years left? Or what if Klein's hypothesis was wrong in the first place? Or what if Clark begins to suffer from Earths' environment? (Yvonne Connell wrote an excellent fanfic on this latter idea - Heliophobia)

c.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard