Cigar smoke wafted toward the cieling from a high-backed chair behind the desk. On the other side of the desk, two men shifted uneasily.

"You're sure?"

The two men nodded, even though their boss likely couldn't see it.

"Yes, Mr. Luthor," one of them said. "We're positive. Me and Roger even bet money on it..." His partner sharply elbowed him in the ribs.

Lex swiveled his chair around so that he was facing his two minions. "Let me get this straight," he snapped, suddenly losing his usual cool. "You expect me to believe that Lois Lane, *the* Lois Lane, has been fooling around with a common, idiotic, less-than-menial imbecile from the dregs of the Daily Planet's working staff? An imbecilic dreg who can't even muster the intelligence to raise himself even *slightly* from the bottom of the pecking order?? A dreg named *Jimmy* *Olsen*?!?!!"

The two minions looked at each other. "Um, yeah, pretty much. Yep."

Luthor leaned back in his chair, his temper still burning. "Idiots!" he muttered to himself. "I've hired *idiots*!"

"With permission, sir," came Nigel's calm and dignified voice from the doorway, "I've taken the liberty of obtaining some...documents...regarding Miss Lane. It seems a member of the Metro General Hospital staff diagnosed her with Endometriosis during her-- otherwise routine-- apendectomy."

Lex took a puff from his cigar. "Endometriosis?"

"A displacement of tissue from the Uterus," Nigel explained. "She had been advised to interupt her menstrual cycles before reporting for a hysterectemy."

Lex took another long drag from the cigar and lowered it. He smiled. "Now *there* is a good man," he said, adressing the other two. "Nigel, you constantly astound me!"

Nigel smiled depreciatively.

"It makes sense now," Lex mused, returning the cigar to his lips and pouring himself a brandy from a nearby tray. "Our impetuous Miss Lane, for reasons of her own, decided to take one first and final shot at motherhood, and pressed her readily-available 'gofer' into supplying the necessary genes. A purely practical transaction, and thus no cause for alarm." He raised the glass. "Let us hope her offspring does not inherit its father's wit."

"But boss," One of the henchmen pleaded as his boss took a sip, "from the conversations we heard, she and Olsen have actually been *dating*."

At this, the normally dignified Lex Luthor spewed his brandy in a decidedly undignified way. He rose from his seat, instinctively dragging the back of his sleeve across his mouth, and his eyes seemed to flash a Hellish red. "WHAT?!"

ONE STRANGE YEAR
-Season 2-

Because people nagged me to do it!!!

"I want that man *DEAD*!"

TBC wave

This story, like its prequel , is a response to the Endometriosis Challenge . Oh, and uh, remember how the first story was made up on the spot, with only a fuzzy idea for a plot? Today, I don't even have plot. Whee!
I've only got some vague concepts to throw in. so...*Feedback* *Is* *Appreciated*!

~•~