Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#132019 06/21/07 03:31 AM
Rona V. Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm such a big fan of the ideas behind SL&V, that I'd love to see more fanfics that center around the "Lois Lane is having an affair with superman" thoughts. I mean, there's two- or four- or twenty-thousand TOGOM fics, but I've only seen one (maybe two) SL&V-similar fics.

So I had this idea: Bernie Klein sees something one day between good old LL & Supes that he shouldn't have seen. Obviously, he suffers a bad dose of rattled faith in his favorite superhero and good friends. To tell anyone, not to tell anyone, how to act towards Lois Lane, and what about poor Clark Kent! Oh my!

I actually see this as being a complimentary B-story in a larger A-story, but I'd take this idea any way I can get it. I could also see it going hand in hand with another fic idea I have, but one thing at a time. smile

#132020 06/21/07 04:34 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
If you like Sex, Lies and a Videotape, I guess you'll like Olympe's "Just like Lois". It's nfic, but I'm almost sure she has written a gfic version too.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#132021 06/21/07 10:45 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I don't think it actually fits the description, but thank you for the rec. But if you're really interested in reading a pg-fied version, I'll send you one via email. Will take a few days (Monday?) at the very least.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#132022 06/22/07 03:20 AM
Rona V. Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Thanks for the offer, but I read "Just Like Lois" yesterday. While it was good (and funny at times), I agree that it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

I know I haven't read every fic out there, so I apologize if I'm overlooking some that might have the theme I'm interested in.

#132023 06/22/07 06:06 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm not sure how many SLV fanfics there are either, Rona, but you could try doing a global search for "Sex, Lies and Videotape" on the Archive database .

If a story on the Archive is based on the episode, it would probably have had an "Episode Related" theme keyword attached to it. So you should be able to pick up most if not all of what's out there.

Good hunting!

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#132024 06/22/07 06:26 AM
Rona V. Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
LabRat, thanks! I've never seen that spreadsheet before, and I think it helped me a lot more than just running a search in the archives. At the very least, I found a handful of fics to read that I'd never seen before. smile

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard