Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Clark is not yet "out" as Superman.

The White Orchid Ball is a costume ball.

Clark goes as Captain America or some other well known costumed hero.

While in the costume he has to do some super stuff Jimmy gets a couple of good photos of [insert costume's hero] in action.

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I misread your intent in the subject heading and so had this vision of Clark Kent as Seinfeld and then doing some super stuff.

Thanks for the smile your challenge gave me.

c.

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
[Linked Image]
Or
[Linked Image]

Framework4
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Great images, Patrick! clap

I recognize Green Lantern, but who is the other guy?

Ann

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by TOC:
I recognize Green Lantern, but who is the other guy?
Captain America, normally he has a full cowl.

Framework4
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Actually, [Linked Image] is "Super-Soldier", an amalgamation of Captain America and Superman from a crossover series in which the DC and Marvel Universes were merged to become the Amalgam Comics Universe. According to his origin, Steve Rogers was injected with an experimental Super-Soldier serum made from the DNA of the dead occupant of a spaceship that fell to Earth not long before WW2, and thereby gained amaxing super-powers... and so on. Fun series, though I didn't care for the way Lois was sidelined.

[Linked Image] Now, this is Clark Kent, son of Jonathan and Martha Kent of Earth, from the Last Son of Earth Elseworlds tale. One day, I'm going to do an L&C version of that story (but not its dreadful sequel!) along the lines of Zoom's Speeding Bullets, though it's going to take rather more reworking, and I may chuck out the GL connection; I have a workable alternative that will make [human] Clark super.

Harking back to the 60s, there was an entertaining multi-part series in which Superman discovered that his father had considered a number of other planets to send him to rather than Earth and, courtesy of some Kryptonian Clarke's-Third-Law technology, was able to watch extrapolations of what his life could have been like on these other planets. By a strange(?) coincidence(??), it seems that Kal-El would not have been super on these worlds, but he would have taken the role of, or at least acquired the powers of, one of his fellow Justice League members. Examples which come to mind are Green Arrow and the Flash, though the latter was a bit of a disaster as he ran too fast and sent himself into orbit! :rolleyes: Eventually, Jor-El decided on Earth as the best place for his sun, and ISTR that one reason for that was that the "extrapolation" for our world showed Kal as Superman! laugh

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline