Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131969 05/31/07 11:17 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Another weird crossover idea (which I was a little surprised to find doesn't ever seem to have been done before). Don't want to write this myself, already have too many incomplete stories, but maybe someone else wants to give it a try.

Assuming Lois and Clark had a child in the aftermath of Season 4, he/she would just be coming up to the age when kids in the Harry Potter world get their letters from Hogwarts / The Salem Institute / whatever.

So one of the wizards who has the job of hunting out new witches and wizards somehow spots that the kid is a little unusual, and jumps to the wrong conclusion. And of course Lois and Clark don't want to admit the truth, since it would compromise his secret identity. Or maybe the child really does have some magical capabilities, which L & C have somehow mistaken for Kryptonian superpowers.

Anyway, seem like a neat idea with the last Harry Potter book coming out next month, hope someone can do something with it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#131970 05/31/07 11:49 AM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Marcus, that is such a fun idea! I'm not the one to write it, but I'd certainly read if someone did. smile

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#131971 05/31/07 01:15 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Reading only the first paragraph of your challenge made me laugh out loud. I'd so *love* to read a fic based on this premise! Anybody, please?

(Oh, and what would happen if said kid brought his/her friends home over the holidays? If one of them tried Polyjuice Potion with a lock from Clark/Superman? Can Superman be bewitched? What if one little wizard wiz kid (Hermione 2) tried to repair Clark's eyesight? Or one of them tried scrying on Superman and saw Clark instead? Or imagine the Kent kid taking a sample of script from Clark's spaceship to a lesson of 'Ancient Runes' for their teacher to puzzle over? Imagine father and child flying side by side, Clark by his own power and Junior on a broomstick! Or the Divination Teacher (Mrs. Trelawney?) forecasting something that can't happen to the Superkid. What if Clark's kid happened to be an animagus? Or a morphmagus (or what was that name) like Tonk? That child would be the best Quidditch Seeker ever, being even Bludger-proof! So many fun possibilities...)

And the choosing of the wand at Ollivander's: "Here is a very special one, with a core of Kryptonian hair - part of the lock Superman donated for charity, the wood being from an old tree-house in Kansas, the Fortress of Solitude...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131972 05/31/07 02:32 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
And the choosing of the wand at Ollivander's: "Here is a very special one, with a core of Kryptonian hair - part of the lock Superman donated for charity, the wood being from an old tree-house in Kansas, the Fortress of Solitude...
lol!

*wheedles* maybe YOU could write it Olympe?? You could do it so well! You already have hilarious
dialogue and ideas! I need a begging smiley...

Hmm... this one's calling "grovel" I suppose he'll do.

grovel grovel grovel

Plllease?

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
#131973 05/31/07 02:48 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey guys,

A while ago I had a similar idea, although nobody responded. Check this out. The thrid one is Harry Potter related. It's not exactly Marcus' idea, but it is HP. Plus, I'm a Sirius fan and James/ Lily geek. blush laugh

Hasini

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
#131974 05/31/07 08:22 PM
Kerth
Kerth
A while back, someone asked me a fateful question: "What would happen if Lois had a secret of her own to tell Clark?" Honestly, she never mentioned what sort of secret it might be, and I couldn't come up with an original one, either.

But let me ask this question once again. "What if Lois had a secret of her own? What if she was a witch?" I can so see Clark asking her, "When were you gonna tell me? When the children started flying on broomsticks?"

As sorry as I am to say so, right now I simply can't write it. Pity, but there is a lot of other stuff I have to work on.

Just another thought: Would a child from Metropolis actually be sent to Hogwarts? Considering there are at least two other schools near Hogwarts (Beauxbatons in France and Durmstrang somewhere in northeast Europe (maybe Russia?)), I'd say that there are at the very least two Wizarding schools in the US, if not three, and another one or two in Canada. Maybe two within the US, one within Canada and one on the border under one of the great lakes? Lake Erie would be perfect (an eerie place, for sure!) another one hidden in Death Valley and a third in Area 51 (It's not flying saucers after all! And all the craters in the nearby Yucca Flats weren't caused by atomic bombs, either.).

#131975 05/31/07 09:16 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
The only US school they've mentioned in Harry Potter canon is the Salem Institure, which is why I mentioned it at the start. I agree it's more likely he'd go there than Hogwarts etc.

Another weird thought - Jason's little piano-throwing stunt in Superman Returns fits quite well into the Harry Potter universe; a moment of fear or stress and something really weird happens around a kid who is otherwise unremarkable. He didn't seem to be affected by Kryptonite, after all...

Marcus L. Rowland
#131976 05/31/07 10:18 PM
Kerth
Kerth
LOL! Nice idea! Dandello, don't you want to write it? *g*

To my utter shame I must admit that I must've missed any reference to the Salem Institute. Where has it been mentioned?

On another note: I just can't help but wonder if Clark's flimsy disguise (different hairstyle and a pair of glasses) has been 'improved' magically. And, considering Lois would prefer invisibility above the power of flight... Does she possess (or long to possess) an invisibility cloak? I really don't want to contemplate what sort of trouble she'd get herself into with one of these. On the other hand, it would explain how she could be so succesful as an investigative reporter. Does she maybe even posses something like Rita Skeeter's Quick Quote Quill? Does Lois work not only for the Planet, but also for a wizarding newspaper? And, if Lois is a witch - what really happened to Claude??? Maybe he even was a member of the Malfoy Clan? And what would have happened if Lois had pointed her wand at his most manly part and cried, "Expelliarmus!" shock

#131977 06/01/07 03:10 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Nice idea! Dandello, don't you want to write it? *g*
As much as I've enjoyed the movies, I haven't followed the Harry Potter series. There is a story at FF about Jason not being Clark's son, but Richard's and he is a mutant. (X-men)

But a C&L X-over with the Harry Potter would be fun.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#131978 06/01/07 04:05 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
To my utter shame I must admit that I must've missed any reference to the Salem Institute. Where has it been mentioned?
Fourth Book. The Quidditch World cup. But that wasn't a school, was it? I believe the banner said "Salem Witches Institute"?

But I think it appears in either "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" or "Quidditch through the Ages". Not sure though.

Lois had pointed her wand at his most manly part and cried, "Expelliarmus!"
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Good one, Olympe! But why just "expelliarmus"? Why not "Reducto"? Why not "Furnunculous"?

Ouch! laugh

Can you really see Lois working for The Daily Prophet, though? That thing is SUCH a tabloid. she would have sooner worked for the Quibbler!

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
#131979 06/01/07 04:50 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I just took a look at the Harry Potter lexicon site and it appears that the role of the Salem Witch's Institute (I missed the "Witch's" part) has never been defined. However, Rowling has apparently said (but not in any of the books) that there's at least one magic school in any given country.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index.html

Marcus L. Rowland
#131980 06/01/07 09:38 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, the US are big. And I quite like the idea of demystifying the notorious Area 51 just a little. wink Maybe the UFOs are just clever camouflage?

#131981 06/01/07 01:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm sure the name ocurred to J.K. Rowling because of the Salem Witch Trials in Massachusetts in 1692. Check here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salem_witch_trials
That's really the only well known "witch site" in the US. Area 51 didn't happen until around 1930 or so and has never been associated with any magic. Magic and Sci-fi seem to be two very diverse genres except for the rare crossover.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
#131982 06/01/07 11:49 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I loosely belong to an astronomy society here in Sweden, and one of the members is a sprightly Norwegain woman in her seventies, Tora Greve. Tora is a one-of-a-kind amazing personality who, among other things, travels to each and every solar eclipse event all over the globe. A few years ago she went by freighter aircraft to Antarctica to see the solar eclipse there!

[Linked Image]

Tora Greve and some friends. These two gentlemen accompanied her to Antarctica.

Tora is also the chairperson of the Malmö UFO Club. Tora is, in spite of her eccentricities, a person with a very serious scientific approach to the entire UFO business. What she does as the chairperson of the Malmö UFO Club is primarily that she looks into reports about sightings. What was the time and date of the sighting? From what location was it made? Where in the sky was the object seen? How did it move?

Tora generally manages to find natural explanations for about 95% of the sightings. In most cases the objects people have observed are just airplanes. Sometimes people have been flummoxed by the sight of planet Venus. I once saw Venus myself on an occasion when it looked absolutely spectacular, after a long spell of persistently cloudy weather, and after months when Venus had not been visible at all because it had been too close to the sun. The next day my local paper wrote that dozens of people had called the newspaper to report the sighting of a stunningly bright but very slow-moving UFO! (And the day after that, the newspaper confirmed that all these people had in fact seen planet Venus....)

As for Area 51, I have to admit I don't know anything about that. But I do know about the Roswell incident. What happened there, in 1946 or '47, was that some local people found the wreckage of an extremely strange-looking aircraft which, to boot, had some totally weird-looking dead passengers inside. The next day all traces of the wreckage had been removed, and the military denied that any sort of crash had happened at all. Later they backtracked and admitted that something had crashed, but they claimed that it was just a weather balloon. The whole incident gave rise to the conspiracy theory which claims that the Earth is really being visited by aliens, but the government, for whatever reason, hushes the whole thing up.

Here is Tora Greve's verdict on the Roswell incident. According to her, it was an experimental military aircraft, possibly saucer-shaped, that crashed. There were life-size dolls inside, the kind that are put in cars which are made to crash, and which are used to determine the effects such a crash would have on the human body. The reason the military tried to hush the Roswell incident up was because the aircraft that had crashed really was a secret military prototype. End of story, but not of the conspiracy theory!

Anyway, I just thought I would post a picture
of a little green man. Hey, Mr. Three-Eyes!

[Linked Image]

Oh, and... let's have a sort of Harry Potter, too. Mr. Four-Eyes. Isn't he cute? And look, he's a bit green! Now I know... all those people who think they've seen a UFO have really seen Harry flying on his broom!

[Linked Image]

And just because I'm going overboard posting images here... can't we have a picture of an honest-to-God Superman sighting? laugh

[Linked Image]

Ann

#131983 06/02/07 06:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I went ahead and got the first three Harry Potter books, to the horror and dismay of my grad-school bound son. I have an idea the Harry Potter verse might work with. dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
#131984 06/02/07 07:16 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
rotflol Great pics, Ann! And my, a supremely informative post, as always! I think I'd like to be in your classes. wink

I just about busted a gut about that "Superman sighting".

Now I know... all those people who think they've seen a UFO have really seen Harry flying on his broom!
No, no! JKR explained it in the second book! It was Fred and George in that Ford Anglia when the Invisibility button was malfunctioning!

I went ahead and got the first three Harry Potter books, to the horror and dismay of my grad-school bound son. I have an idea the Harry Potter verse might work with.
I never thought there'd be a day when LnC fanfic led somebody to HP! Yaay!

And show this to your son!

Hasini.

“Is he dead, Lois?”

#131985 06/02/07 09:35 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Originally posted by Dandello:
I went ahead and got the first three Harry Potter books, to the horror and dismay of my grad-school bound son. I have an idea the Harry Potter verse might work with. dance
Go for it, girl!

#131986 07/16/07 08:43 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Couldn't resist writing a Drabble in the end:

Owls Over Metropolis

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard