Next Thread
Print Thread
#131933 05/19/07 12:03 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
What if Tempus dumped Ultra Woman into an AltVerse where Clark was "killed" in TOGOM and didn't come back.

While being "Superman full time" the New Kryptonians arrive and he goes with them.

Lord Nor and his group flee New Krypton to Earth and are taking over the world when Ultra Woman is dumped into the mix by Tempus.

Now Lois Lane thinks Clark is dead, Superman is gone the world is being taken over by superpowered aliens.

Enter a new superhero, a woman with all of Superman, calling herself "Ultra Woman".

And of course the first place the UW-Lois goes for help is the Kents.

Can anything stand against TWO Lois Lanes!

Pity Nor and his crowd.
wildguy

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Opening scene:
=======================

Lois Lane is sitting at her desk trying not to gnaw on her nails as she watchted the TV screen.

If there was ever a time when the world needed Superman, but no he'd gone, left Earth for his duties on New Krypton.

Lois felt more alone than ever which was ridiculous as she'd not spoken to Superman more than twice in the months after Clark's death.

Lois sighed. She knew why of course, for one her rant at him for not saving Clark had raised a huge wall between them.

Second, after Clark's death Lois had stop taking foolish risks. She hadn't needed Superman to save her at all in the months after Clark had died.

It had taken Superman's leaving to wake her up, the world's criminals has seen his departure as a sign, go forth and commit mayhem and murder.

Hear ye hear ye, now is the time, gather ye forces of evil. Rob and loot, desecrate, desolate, despoil, devastate, pillage, sack, s maraud, strip, lay waste. In short do your worst for Superman is gone!!

In the background she imagined she heard that familiar swoosh. She hear the normal chatter and murmur of the newsroom increase in tone and volume.

"Lois Lane"!! An incredulous voice said.

Lois turned to find herself facing a masked woman in a low cut skin tight pink bodysuit with a teal cape.

"You were expecting Woodward and Bernstein" Lois made it clear how she felt about masked women in slutty Halloween costumes.

"No Clark Kent." the woman replied as she gathered her legs up under her sitting in the air.

Lois stared "He's dead, died almost two years ago gunned down by a resurrected 1930s mobster." "And who are you?"

The woman paused briefly, "Ultra Woman".

Framework4
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oooh, keep it going!!

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
or perhaps
Opening scene:
=======================

Lois Lane is sitting at her desk trying not to gnaw on her nails as she watched the TV screen.

If there was ever a time when the world needed Superman, but no he'd gone, left for who knows where years ago.

So it was up to her to somehow prompt, stimulate, motivate, prod, rouse, spark, impel, goad, incite, exhort, provoke people to action.

In short to light a fire under the entire human race.

She looked again at the editorial, "Why The World Doesn't Need Superman".

In the background she imagined she heard that familiar swoosh. She hear the normal chatter and murmur of the newsroom increase in tone and volume.

"Lois Lane"!! An incredulous voice said.

Lois turned to find herself facing a masked woman in a low cut skin tight pink bodysuit with a teal cape.

"You were expecting Woodward and Bernstein" Lois made it clear how she felt about masked women in sluttly halloween costumes.

"No Clark Kent." the woman replied.

Lois stared "He's dead, died several years ago gunned down by a resurrected 1930s mobster." "And who are you?"

The woman paused briefly, "Ultra Woman".

"Ultra Woman" Lois replied in a flat tone.

"Ping" The elevator announced it's arrival. A second later her leg was grabbed by a small dynamo.

"Ultra Woman" stared at the little boy.

Lois smiled "Jason meet Ultragirl, Ultragirl, my son Jason"

"Ultra Woman" Lois thought the tonal stress on the word woman laughable coming as it did from a bimbo is a skimpy costume.

"How about Ultra Babe said a voice behind Lois"

"Shut up Ralph" the two women's voices spoke as one.

Lois was encircled by a pair of arms and lightly kissed on the cheek.

"What's up Hon, I though you were finishing that editorial?" said Richard White.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
RICHARD WHITE???!!!

Boo! Booooo! hyper

Death to Richard... spider

~•~
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Originally posted by Queen of the Capes:
RICHARD WHITE???!!!

Death to Richard... spider
Well if you write it you could kill off Richard in the next line....
================
"What's up Hon, I though you were finishing that editorial?" said Richard White.

Lois swung her elbow back into the midsection of the man holding her.

He stepped rapidly backward holding both hands up in front of himself, open palms outward.

In a voice dripping icicles "One date Mr White does not allow you or anyone to invade my space, touch my body or call me 'Hon". This is your second and last warning, there won't be a third, and you only got a second because I was very fond of your late uncle and my son is present."

"Stand back everyone Mad Dog Lane is in the house" said Ultra Woman as she gathered her legs up under her sitting three feet above the floor on empty air.

Lois stared at the woman floating in front of her thinking 'oh great a Kryptonian bimbo, could my day get any worse?'

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
More, please!

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I didn't think much of this idea when I first checked the thread, but upon reflection I think that someone could really go to town with this one. I like the idea of a surly Lois Lane, an irreverent Ultra Woman, and a smarmy Richard White. This could be monumental, Homeric, even.

Will someone take up the challenge? Please? I can't, I have an almost-finished story beginning beta stage and half a dozen plot bunnies jumping up and down begging for attention.

Not to mention RL is staring me in the face.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Since this is Lois & Clark, Jason can't have been the result of the events in SupermanII.

How can one set up a TOGOM background with Jason? Why wouldn't Clark tell Lois the truth and be there for his son?

Wendy Richard\'s "It Happen One Super Night" has a bone weary Superman fathering a child and forgetting the whole event. It also has a Lois who DOES not tell Clark or Superman who is the father of her child.

Such an event could have happen just prior to TOGOM and the pregnancy be unknown at the time of Clark's Death. Add events such as those in M.L.Thompson\'s "The Second Stage of Grief" and Clark would have no reason to think it might be his child.

Lois Lane believing the child is Superman's but not wanting others to know after Superman has left for New Krypton and she never told him, may as a cover let people think it is Clark's son. Of course she would not have told this "lie" to the Kents but since they are in Smallville she could assume they'd never hear about it.

Ultra Woman would see Jason and know at once that Clark is the father.

So what would Ultra Woman think of a Clark Kent who would not tell Lois the truth and would LEAVE Earth?

Clark has gone to New Krypton but if we believe the numbers it is not a viable colony

Toss in some New Kryptonians who have escaped to Earth and are in the midst of partying and otherwise running amuck and the world really needs Ultra Woman.

If Ultra woman has a copy of the Newtrich's laser that transfered Superman's powers to her she would be able to remove the New Kryptonian's powers and recharge her own at the same time.

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
Kerth
Kerth
I am intrigued because I love Ultrawoman. And because I love alternate universes. And because I love Superman Returns. And because I love stories about Clark becoming a parent. And because I love double identity mix-ups.

But if anyone needs another reason to write this it's that last line right there: Lois kicking ass and a taking powers in order to fight off the NK peeps, and to maintain her own powers? Fabulous. Incredible. Add to that everything else, and the mystery of Clark's death, and avoiding her doppleganger for fear of causing a major paradox? hyper

It's going to have to be on my to read list though, because I don't think I have it in me to write it right now. Any takers?

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I love this! It amazes me how many ways there are to rearrange the pieces into unique, compelling storylines.

Shallowford
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
if anyone has been watching Superman and Lois just add Jordan and Natalie being dumped back and sideways.
So now you have two Lois Lanes, Jason Lane, Jordan Kent and Natalie Irons.

Nor and his bunch are toast

Framework4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard