Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#131785 04/06/07 05:18 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
This weeks theme comes to you from MrsMosely. Another great theme that should give us a lot of options! thumbsup

If you don't know the rules go here to read them.

This weeks theme: Clear

CUTTOFF DATE: 5/06/07

Also please note there are two new rules to the challenge. We are going to now be submitting drabbles to the archive in bulk. From now on if you don't want your drabble to be posted to the archive you must note it or send me a pm to let me know. Also there will be a month time limit for each drabble. So if you want to complete some of the past drabbles you should hurry!

In regards to past drabbles I will be contacting you all personally to get permission for past drabbles. laugh thumbsup

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Features Writer
Features Writer
Wow! 100 words exactly!

Clear

It was as though she had been living in a foggy haze, where nothing had made any sense. The disappearances of one man, the odd hot and cold feelings from another, all of them swirled around inside her skull until she finally realized that it all made sense now. There wasn’t two that she loved, there was one.

Even through the rain that was soaking them both, everything was suddenly so clear. Realistically she had known for a day, but most of that time had been spent either as a frozen lump or in shock.

“Who’s asking; Clark or Superman?”

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Very nice!! smile I liked that one a lot. ^_^

Have we stumped everyone else? ^_~

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I liked that a lot, Catherine.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Clear

The warm water cascaded down, turning his dark hair inky black and sticking it to his honey-colored skin. The drops continued falling, resting briefly on his shoulders before slipping off to travel down his broad back, following the path made by his strong muscles down to his trim waist and beyond.

She supposed that in a few weeks or years, the sight of something so basic as her husband in the shower would cease to affect her, but right now, just two days after their wedding, it was breath taking.

She slid the glass door open and stepped inside.

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Clear Opinion

Never had anything in his life been so clear. It had been eternal love at first sight. Suddenly he had known where he wanted to be for the rest of his life. Everything else he had planned was forgotten. He had never regretted his decision. He wasn’t going to change everything just because someone was looking at him pleadingly.

“No means no, Superman,” Dr. Klein said annoyed. “I’m a scientist, not a practitioner.” He shot a longing glance towards his microscope. He wanted to go back to work, tissue sample or not. Dr. Klein stopped dead…tissue sample. “Eh, wait!”

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Finally. It had taken so many months for it to happen. Like she had been living her life in some eternally dimmer state. Everything had been so hazy … Kent…Clark. Lex, her mind firmly told herself. That had been Lex Luthor who had caused the mist and gloom. But she was safe now, she had to keep reminding herself. Luthor was gone and in his stead followed perfect clarity. She was in love. Oh she was in perfect love, exhilarating, mind numbing, crystal clear love. Maxwell Deter was everything she had ever dreamed of. It was all so clear now.

^^^ Wanted to write that before I read the other responses. Now I'm off for some drabble reading! smile1

Laura

Thanks to CapeFetish for the awesome icon. smile
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mmm... Lisa, I looooooved yours. laugh

Top Banana
Top Banana
He couldn't get the drawer clear. Always tricky to open, it jammed now on old wooden runners.

It was time to clear out. Clear off his desk. Move on again.

He couldn't see his way clear of this. Couldn't see how to solve the problem.

Holding a carton with his few belongings, he picked up his letter telling her everything, what he was, what was in his heart, and placed it carefully on her desk.

Time to clear away from her too - to clear her from his soul.

But even as he thought this, he knew he could not.

Top Banana
Top Banana
enjoyed all these. smile

Catherine - lovely. smile Lisa - such a really nice visual laugh , bakasi - ah ah!, and Laura - so evil laugh

c.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww! ccmalo! That was so sad! I don't think drabbles are supposed to tug on your heartstrings quite so much. wink Awesome job.

M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
I like all of these very much!

Cat, very nice!

Bakasi, I don't quite understand yours. Maybe I'm forgetting one of the Dr. Klein episodes.

Laura = evil! :p

ccmalo, so sad!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
Columnist
Columnist
Here's my 99 words of a drabble.

Clear

Lois sat at her desk, contemplating her current situation. She had to choose between three men. Dan was attractive, and he was obviously interested in her. Superman had been her dream guy from the moment she first saw him. And Clark…

It all suddenly became startling clear to her. She loved him. Even though he constantly ran away from her without explanation—even though she knew that he was hiding something from her—living without Clark would be like living without air in her lungs.

Lois smiled, realizing that her heart had long ago made the decision for her.

Silence is golden.
Duct tape is silver.

~Saw it on a T-Shirt.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Bakasi, I don't quite understand yours. Maybe I'm forgetting one of the Dr. Klein episodes.
Wasn't in an episode, Lisa. I just wondered how Dr. Klein became Superman's physician in the first place. I don't recall it ever being really told in the show.

If you've got a little time and if you are very curious, you could perhaps try this story . It might explain a lot wink

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Columnist
Columnist
Hi,

These are cute, clever and some even sad.

Great work everyone. smile

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
The solution had been clear. To destroy the man, kill the child. It was so clear. It should have been simple, so simple. Steal the machine from a fool, go back and kill a defenseless baby. No one would know. No one would care if a baby died. No one would care if Utopia was never born.

The solution to all his troubles had been so very clear. But it was also painfully clear that the entire universe was against him – in the form of a man in a red cape, a woman with dark hair and a dead writer.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Clear
By Nancy V. Sont

She had relaxed. The tension of the last story was gone. The sun felt wonderful as she pondered putting on more sunscreen. How many times had he dashed away from this sunny Caribbean beach this week? Where had he gone? The pieces had finally fallen into place.

“It’s turnover time!” Clark said, settling into his own lounge chair.

He was back, she realized as she rolled over.

She squinted her eyes against the bright sun and saw… Superman. Sunbathing.

Clearly. Impossibly.

She seethed, plotting revenge.

Real pain. Was kryptonite fair? Maybe just a little piece.

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.
Top Banana
Top Banana
lol, Nancy! Loved it.

c.

Blogger
Blogger
She sat on the floor of the honeymoon suite at the Lexor hotel, staring intently at the small square tiles that were resting on her wooden easel. Now what was she supposed to do with this mess of letters?

Lois Lane was never one to back down from a challenge, however, and she certainly wasn't about to concede defeat and allow her partner, Clark Kent to win at this game of Scrabble.

Suddenly, the letters rearranged themselves in her mind and she grinned evilly. The answer was obvious; the word "chumpy" was clearly her only choice. And her only chance at winning.

Kerth
Kerth
I couldn't resist. Besides, I can't leave Doc Klein all to bakasi, can I? Here you go.

Clear...

Clark and a very pregnant Lois visited Doc Klein at STAR labs. Curiously, the scientist looked up at the two reporters. Clark went ahead of Lois and started his little prepared speech. "Bernie," he said, making the scientist look up at the familiar, yet unfamiliar, use of his nickname, "I wanted to tell you something. I'm Superman. And my wife is pregnant."

Lois helpfully added, "As you can see. It's quite obvious by now."

Doctor Bernard Klein stared at them in shock. "But that's impossible! The results of the fertility tests were clear!"

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard