Print Thread
#131740 03/26/07 01:49 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
I'm sure we all enjoyed episode 3.07 Ultra Woman
and episode 3.08 Chip Off the Old Clark and episode 208 A Bolt from the Blue.

=====================
So how about having Lois get Superman's powers prior to Clark creating Superman, prior to ever meeting Lois, prior to the events of the Pilot?

From Chip Off the Old Clark we know the lightning acquired powers fade with time. As if lightning somehow transfers some of the superpower charge to another person but Clark is able to use sunlight to recharge and the other person is not.

If Lois was on a plane, as the kid Jesse was in "Chip" and gained Clark's powers, but it happen prior to Clark's arrival in Metropolis, prior to creating Superman and Clark had not even met Lois, oh what fun.

Framework4
#131741 03/26/07 02:00 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh . . . I would SO read a fic based on this premise! I have NO ideas on how to write one myself though--not to mention, I have enough to-be-written fics as it is.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131742 03/26/07 03:03 PM
M
Merriwether
Merriwether
M
Janet's recently completed The Girl Next Door has some similarities to this idea, the main difference being that Lois' powers are her own. Great fic. But that doesn't mean someone else can't take this idea and run with it, too!

lisa in the sky with diamonds
#131743 05/29/12 01:16 PM
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm bumping this story mostly because I think there is one story based upon this somewhere but I don't remember what or where it is.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
#131744 05/31/12 10:34 AM
E
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
E
Originally posted by Christina:
I'm bumping this story mostly because I think there is one story based upon this somewhere but I don't remember what or where it is.
I know which one you're talking about!!! There's The Flying Lesson by Sue S. Which is ebooked here.

another story called "The Return of Ultra Woman" by Bob Bartholomew, here.

And another story, also titled "The Return of Ultra Woman" by Jennifer Baker, here ! Enjoy!!!

My favorite one is "Flying Lessons"! wink

#131745 06/01/12 05:21 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ultra Woman followed Superman's example. If Lois is the first super she would probably turn out different. She is a good person but is much likelier than Clark to put her judgment over the law. So while Clark would probably track her down fairly quickly the public and official reaction would end up different, possible a lot different.

Depending on if they figure out each others secret identities Lois could get along fine with Clark after they meet but be quite annoyed with Superman interfering.

#131746 06/03/12 12:01 PM
Kerth
Kerth
There's also The Girl Next Door by Janet Owens. And some other story where someone but Lois has the super powers. That would be Northern Lights by Gerry Anklewicz. I can recommend both stories, they make for really good reading.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131747 06/06/12 07:22 PM
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
"From Chip Off the Old Clark we know the lightning acquired powers fade with time."

Not necessarily true. In Chip Off the Old Clark, they figure that since the effect was through the plane, that the transfer was incomplete. So it is possible that Lois could have the powers permanently unless they were somehow transferred back to Clark, as they were at the end of A Bolt From the Blue.

If that happened, Lois would have the opportunity to get into a lot of trouble, and since she and Clark would probably have no idea what happened, it could make for a very interesting set of initial misunderstandings.

There is also Leuch's Bolt, From Dubuque where something like that happened to someone else, where Clark was the second Super to show up

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard