Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
MadDogLane & the Pheromone Perfume

From the Script:
LOIS : I still don't get it. I mean, Dr. Friedman said this stuff shouldn't work unless you're already physically attracted to the person. Then, it just over-rides our normal restraint.

CLARK: Right. There has to be some animal magnetism there to begin with. All this substance does is inhibit that part of your brain that acts as an intellectual defense mechanism, leaving the person helpless to control themselves.
So if the person is still themself but without their normal restraint, why did Lois get all Lovey dovey?

Thank about it, suppose when the pheromone had hit her she had went after Clark the way she normally goes after things she wants, we've all seen MadDogLane on a story, no holds bars.

So what if MadDogLane had gone after Clark? Not sappy lovey dovey Lane?

Framework4
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think because, way deep down, Lois is a closet romantic (reference her watching of that sappy soap opera, Ivory Tower, in the Pilot episode). So even though she presents a tough exterior to the world usually, that doesn't mean she doesn't secretly want something sappy and romantic--and the pheromone just took away the inhibitions which made her put up the tough exterior.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
cool I like the idea. I agree that Lois' tough exterior is mostly a front, but not all. Her dogged tenacity when after a story is all Lois.

I think a story that mixes closet-romantic Lois from PML with a more aggressive Mad Dog Lane would work really well. For instance, when lovey-dovey Lois didn't work, would she try other approaches to catch Clark's attention, say try to seduce him in her 'Angel' costume?

Applying her work tactics to the situation could be really funny (or angsty) and would probably freak Clark out. Would she stake out his place or spy on him?
BJ

Top Banana
Top Banana
I think, in a way, the closet romantic WAS mixed with Mad Dog Lane in PML. She usually goes after what she wants with all the tenacity and energy she possesses. In PML, she went after Clark, and didn't give up when he kept pushing her away from him--maybe a more romantic version of Mad Dog Lane?

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've always been amused to the fact that Clark wasn't affected by the pheromone in that episode, but was by the Space Rat spray. Writer's goof.

doublel

F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Bump

Framework4
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Haha, well Intoxicated (in the nfic folder only) addresses this. Both Lois and Clark are BOTH affected by the pheromone spray. lol

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
And also in the nfic folder Phero-Moan My Lusty - that harem out fit was NOT from a rental company.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard