Next Thread
Print Thread
#131405 01/28/07 03:56 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
The recent story about the first Mrs. Luthor got me thinking about Lex Luthor.

I don't bother to sign it. It's not like he'll wonder who it's from. I retrieve my bag and take one more look around. For two years, I've been Mrs. Lex Luthor and that's all. Now, I'm taking my life back. Arianna Carlin will find her own place in this world again!
From Regrets by Anne Spear

Except she didn't. We know she was still changed, corrupted by her time with Luthor.

Corrupted; "To destroy or subvert the honesty or integrity of. 2. To ruin morally; pervert. 3. To taint; contaminate. 4. To cause to become rotten; spoil. 5. To change the original form of..."American Heritage Dictionary
It seems Luthor had the ability to corrupt people.

Arianna,
Miranda,
Dr. Gretchen Kelly,

He was able to fool Lois so well that she almost married him.

THE ARCHBISHOP: "And do you, Lois, take this man to be your wedded husband from this day forward, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

LOIS: "I..." She looks around, pauses. The room waits breathlessly.
LUTHOR(gently prodding) "Lois."
LOIS: "I... can't."
The rear doors CRASH open. Everyone looks.
I find myself wondering. If Henderson and the rest had not arrived, how it might have played out?

Luthor looked at Lois. Turned to the audience
"My friends there will be a short delay, I beg your indulgence and thank you all for your patience"

He turned back to Lois
"My Dear, take your time. we are in no hurry. If this is merely nerves, we can resume in a few minutes but if you are having serious second thoughts, I don't want to rush you, this is too important for both of us."

Lois let out the breath she hadn't realized she been holding. His words flowed over her, she relaxed and smiled. All her concerns and fears suddenly seemed small and groundless.

"Just stage fright I think." she smiled up at him and turned to the archbishop.

THE ARCHBISHOP: "And do you, Lois, take this man to be your wedded husband from this day forward, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part?"

Lois: "I do"
By the time Clark escaped, recovered, and was able to gather the evidence he needed might not Lois have become as enthralled of Luthor as his former women?

Arianna and Gretchen both stood by Luthor, blamed others for his problems.

Might Clark have found himself facing a Lois turned to the dark side?

Patrick

Framework4
#131406 01/28/07 04:03 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Has there never been a fic like this? Seems I remember one.

I did recently read a fic where Lois actually married Luthor - It Might Have Been by Ray Reynolds. I thought it was quite good.

Who is Miranne? I don't remember that name.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131407 01/28/07 04:11 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Miranda, I think she's referring to.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131408 01/28/07 09:28 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Miranda,
sorry, typo, not sure how I did that.

Patrick

Framework4
#131409 01/29/07 01:52 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Or what about Clark being corrupted by Luthor? Or Perry or Jimmy being corrupted?

Of course, we know Henderson could never never, ever be corrupted. laugh

c.

#131410 01/29/07 12:19 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, I do have to agree that Luthor seems to be able to corrupt people, especially women. Btw, you missed one. Or doesn't Mrs. Cox count?

I also remember Luthor claiming in one episode that his greatest strenght was "character assessment". Ever since, I've been wondering whether he has some telepathical power to mess with people's minds.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131411 01/29/07 07:29 PM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Or doesn't Mrs. Cox count?
Yes, I did miss her. Most likely because of some fics where she is evil itself. Taking joy in pain.

It has corrupted my view of her.

Patrick

Framework4
#131412 01/30/07 12:31 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I do have to agree that Luthor seems to be able to corrupt people, especially women.
But what about Asabi and Nigel? As well as the other men we saw carrying out Luthor's orders. Perhaps, too, they'd been lured by Luthor's charismatic evil, turned from ordinary men into Lucifer's henchmen. laugh

An interesting idea, Patrick.

c.

#131413 01/30/07 10:26 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I don't know about Asabi, but Nigel doesn't seem corrupted to me- at least not by Luthor. To me it looks like Nigel has been evil before ever meeting Luthor.

#131414 01/31/07 12:06 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
To me it looks like Nigel has been evil before ever meeting Luthor.
That made me think - what if it was really Nigel who had been the master?
Nigel was older, spotted the talent for evil in the teen Lex, mentored him, and then the corrupted becomes.. Lex the Corruptor!

c

#131415 01/31/07 09:00 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting idea. Does that mean you want to write it? laugh

#131416 01/31/07 10:27 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yeah, it mentions Nigel and Lex were together in their streetfighting days in Phoenix, so I think Nigel turned evil while a British spy. And Nigel is not much older than Lex, so I think they met up when Lex was at least mid 20s to early 30s.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131417 03/14/07 03:25 PM
A
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A
*gasp* eek My teeny, tiny little fic inspired a challenge? I'm so flattered. I guess I may have to start working on a response...along with the 3...no, 4 other stories I have started...

huh

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993
Framework4 #254777 05/27/14 02:33 AM
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
bump

Framework4
ccmalo #254827 05/28/14 04:24 PM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Originally Posted by ccmalo
Or what about Clark being corrupted by Luthor? Or Perry or Jimmy being corrupted?

Of course, we know Henderson could never never, ever be corrupted. laugh

I hadn't ever thought about this but what if Henderson had been corrupted and was bought off by Luthor from the beginning of the show? What if when Jimmy and Perry presented their evidence to Henderson in HOL that instead of Luthor, Henderson arrested them for not turning Jack back in. What would Clark have done when he got out of the cage to find Lois married and his friends all in jail.

chickberry #254832 05/28/14 06:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by chickberry
I hadn't ever thought about this but what if Henderson had been corrupted and was bought off by Luthor from the beginning of the show? What if when Jimmy and Perry presented their evidence to Henderson in HOL that instead of Luthor, Henderson arrested them for not turning Jack back in. What would Clark have done when he got out of the cage to find Lois married and his friends all in jail.
So, are you implying that BOTH Lois and Henderson would be corrupted or that Lois would go through with the wedding if Perry et al, hadn't interrupted it? Either way, that would be a dark day for Clark. Sounds like a good answer to Queenie's Do Over Challenge (Don't read the challenge until you've read her vignette Do Over, because of spoilers though).

Great to see you back on the boards, Chickberry! wave

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/28/14 06:43 PM. Reason: Fixed Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Framework4 #255045 06/03/14 10:10 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Henderson makes an appearance - and Detective Lois Lane is his partner - in Tank Wilson's To Protect And Serve and in To Protect And Serve 2. A very interesting variation on canon.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard