Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tank Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
T
I recently posted a short called The Cat and the Trap. In it Cat Grant tried to trick Lois into cutting her hair to prove that Lois would do practically anything to get Superman's approval.

It turned out that Lois didn't cut her hair, but an accident happened which necessitated that she cut her hair anyway. Yes, it was a haircut story.
Even though Lois didn't actually fall prey to Cat's trap, Cat thinks she did because of the fact that Lois hair had been cut.

I allowed for Lois to take the high road and not seek any revenge on Cat, since she didn't actually succeed in her machinations against Lois. Still, many of the gentle readers think that Lois should indulge in some sort of retribution since no one believes her (except Clark)as to what actually happened. They all believe Cat, and that Lois cut her hair to try and please Superman.

So when the call came to do an epilogue/sequel in which Lois gets her vengence, I said I'd think about it. I have.

I've decided that I don't want to write it. (I have another evil idea percolating in my mind)

BUT! I've decided to toss out the idea for Lois' revenge to the gentle readers/writer out there as a challenge.

The only thing I'd suggest is that you don't have Lois actively do something to Cat (like set her on fire, or blow up her apartment). Since the whole purpose of Cat's trap was to 'trick' Lois into doing something to herself that she wouldn't ordinarily do, I think Lois' plan would have to take a similar tack. Lois (with, or without Clark's help) needs to 'trick' Cat into doing something that she would find, embarassing, or humiliating, or distasteful, or... well, you get the idea.

Any takers?

Tank (who thinks that if there are enough responses to this that it could become an alt-Kerth category all to itself wink )

Kerth
Kerth
This is a hard one. I really can't imagine anything that Cat would find embarrassing - apart from wearing 'normal' clothes. But we had that in the series already...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Ey, what about a date with Jimmy? Wasn't there an episode where Jimmy and Cat had a bet that they were related? I clearly remember that Cat didn't want to date Jimmy, though we can assume that she usually takes any available man.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
But how to make her do that? Claiming that Jimmy is Superman? I think that Clark could help to convince her. :p But would she do it? Hmm. If Lois made sure to let slip that she'd love to have a date with Superman, maybe. Any takers?

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Another idea... Lois makes Cat believe that she gets a date with Clark, or that Clark badly wants to date Cat. She was up to him, anyway, wasn't she? But Lois sends Jimmy instead. I mean, he wanted a date with Cat, anyway. He wouldn't complain, would he? The only problem is that we can't hurt poor Jimmy's feelings, so he has to be in on the plan.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Kerth
Kerth
The problem is that I can't see Jimmy agreeing to this. He should have a fair idea of what awaits him. Cat would definitely rush out of the place the were meeting. And that would be more embarrassing for Jimmy than for Cat.

But what about this: Lois and Clark stage a row, and Lois tells Clark to look for a date on the internet. Clark tells her that he is doing exactly that, somehow letting Cat know where Clark is 'looking'. Online, Clark agrees to a 'blind date' with Cat, and they agree on some signs to recognize each other (red rose for each of them?) - just that he isn't going to turn up. First Perry comes along (with a red rose) and makes some comments about blind dates, when Perry is gone, Jimmy arrives bearing a red rose and stays for a while, then Ralph, then Lois walks by - bearing a red rose. Finally Clark comes in - and walks directly towards Lois with her red rose...

Merriwether
Merriwether
That would be interesting, although I don't think they could trust Ralph. He might think that if he told Cat about it she'd sleep with him as thanks, and we know what his priorities are.

I was thinking of something where they try to get Cat to seduce Perry (now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't work.) Or let slip that Clark likes something in a woman, with Lois wistfully saying she only wished she could do it., and it's something that Cat can do. Or set up a date where Cat thinks she's meeting Clark, only to find Perry there. That might get her goose.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
How about tricking Cat into getting her hair cut... Cat's hair is one of her pride and joys... That would definitely be a coup.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Kerth
Kerth
Once again, the problem is how to trick her into it. And after that episode with Lois, Cat will be very wary about cutting her hair. But if Clark made sure everyone knew how much he loved Lois' new hairstyle - maybe this could work.

Merriwether
Merriwether
They'd have to make it look like Lois has a guy but if she didn't Clark would go for her in heartbeat because he adores that hairstyle.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Kerth
Kerth
Considering Cat's - er - ways, this could work.
Yes, it most definitely would. Great idea! Would be even funnier if that mysterious guy was Superman.

Blogger
Blogger
There was always talk that Clark seemed to preferred blondes. Perhaps Lois is over heard talking about how Clark loves blonds the blonder the better. He just cannot seem to resist pouty red lips and long blond hair.

What if this started Cat to thinking maybe this was the way to Clark’s heart?

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard