Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#131318 01/05/07 09:36 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Me, Myself, and I? That sounds familiar...

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131319 01/05/07 10:14 AM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Is anyone going to write that now, or do I have to do it?

Too bad that Becca cannot be the one... That would have pushed the relationship between her and Lois to a whole new level. blush

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#131320 01/05/07 10:31 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, as a matter of fact, I started on it. I just don't know whether it is any good. Want a peek?

#131321 01/05/07 11:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Here's where I was going. If you really start to think about Lois "having an affair" with Superman (even though that's not possible since she's married to him, yet is she, since she's really married to Clark, you start to see Clark's problem with referring to himself in the third person) or even as someone mentioned, somebody thinking Clark and Lois were each having an affair with Superman, you end up with Clark having an affair with his other "person", which, besides being twisted, gives you a Me, Myself, and Irene kind of situation.
rotflol The way you have written this is SO funny… I actually read a story (I think at Anne’s Place) where Lois has an affair with Clark AND Superman - at the same time. Not exactly the same, but your description reminded me of the ‘menage a tres’. (Sorry, don’t know if I spelled that right or not.)

Well, you have to wonder if something isn’t / hasn’t already happened to us. I don’t think time travel per se is possible (at least at this point), but Einstein’s theory of time being a loop is a darn good one…

Well, as a matter of fact, I started on it. I just don't know whether it is any good. Want a peek?
Me, me! I wanna peak (you know I do). Are you doing time travel or the daughter having a crush?

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131322 01/05/07 04:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All in favor of a peek, raise your right Graemlin! wave

laugh

~•~
#131323 01/05/07 06:08 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I think it's actually menage a trois.

As for the Clark/Superman affair idea, you have to see why Clark laughs so much in those stories where Lois jumps to that conclusion. IF Clark were to have an affair with himself, he might ahve to kiss himself, which I believe to be impossible, though if someone wants to try, they can. But knowing what the viewer knows, that just is twisted.

Actually that made me think of a weird story idea. What if Clark got complete amnesia, learned that he was close to Superman, and somehow got wondering what kind of relationship he had with Superman, if you know what I mean? Maybe he finds something in his apartment that makes him think they're closer than anyone knows? That could get interesting.

No peek:__ Peek: wave

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131324 01/05/07 06:14 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Not exactly the same, but your description reminded me of the ‘menage a tres’. (Sorry, don’t know if I spelled that right or not.)
It's menage à trois, Nancy. smile

As for the subject of time travel--I like how in the show, there seemed to be an unspoken/unwritten rule that they could only go back in time once. Either Herb or Lois or Clark or SOMEBODY was always saying "We haven't got much time!" in those episodes where time travel was a staple.

And they always managed to fix things the first time around anyway.

I think, though, that unless the paradox cancelled the time traveler him/herself out, or it cancelled the reason for the time traveler to travel, then the universe would make sure that the time traveler went back in time to do what he/she wuold do so that events could precipitate so that back in the time traveler's own time he/she would then be prompted to go back in time to fix that same thing in one of those "self-fulfilling prophecy"-type things. What I like to call a GOOD paradox.

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131325 01/05/07 09:18 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's menage à trois, Nancy.
Do I dare...? mmm....

Ménage à trois. with an accented e.

Couldn't help myself, this is the only one subject where I actually have the right answers. Any other and I'm convinced all of you guys know more about it than I do. wink

Hey, Mellie - I want a peek at that, too!!

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
#131326 01/06/07 09:44 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
All in favor of a peek, raise your right Graemlin!
Mellie sent me a peak. It’s good!!

Okay… I thought ménage à trois was strictly a play on words for the Star Trek: The Next Gen ep: Ménage A Troi... as in Deanna Troi. Could be why I got it wrong… But then until I just looked it up, I thought her name was Trois... so something was clicking there.... wink

Actually that made me think of a weird story idea. What if Clark got complete amnesia, learned that he was close to Superman, and somehow got wondering what kind of relationship he had with Superman
rotflol

I like how in the show, there seemed to be an unspoken/unwritten rule that they could only go back in time once.
Really? Hmm… I never picked that up.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131327 01/06/07 10:43 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks, Lara. I couldn't remember whether that accent was supposed to be there or not, so I left it off. smile

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131328 01/06/07 10:45 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I like how in the show, there seemed to be an unspoken/unwritten rule that they could only go back in time once.
Really? Hmm… I never picked that up.
They were constantly saying "We haven't got much time!" You'd think that, if they had a time machine, and something got screwed up, they could just go back and try to fix it all over again. But that would put in another paradox.

What was the topic of this thread again? dizzy

Darcy\'s Place
#131329 01/06/07 12:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
I just posted your 'peek' in the nfic section.

#131330 01/06/07 02:34 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
hehehe!

Mellie, you've got a bit of the evils in you. evil Great job with that "peek!"

Darcy\'s Place
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard