Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#131298 12/22/06 05:49 AM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi there...
I've been thinking about it. A lot. I know I can't make it. So I thought I should make this a challenge.

I read a lot about Lois and Clark's kids. Sometimes they didn't know about Clark's secret and I thought what if...

His teenage daughter is still unaware of who her daddy is. And like most other teenage girls she's got a crush...

...on Superman.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
#131299 12/22/06 07:16 AM
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
LOL! Poor gal's gonna have some serious emotional problems... unless she dies of embarrassment first. goofy

Plausible idea, though. I'd read it if someone decided to take it on.

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

#131300 12/22/06 08:29 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, and then this poor girl finds out that Superman is around pretty much, so she figures that one of her parents (or both?) is two-timing with Superman... laugh

Anybody?

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131301 12/22/06 12:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Olympe:
one of her parents (or both?) is two-timing with Superman... laugh
LOL yeah, both would be hilarious rotflol

I'm really hoping that somebody's gonna try that!

Jana

"Maybe I know what it's like, trying to find fulfillment in the wrong person. Trying to fit into the mold others expect of you."

"Looking for love" by DC Lady
#131302 12/22/06 12:31 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, you're free to volunteer!

#131303 12/22/06 05:46 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You know, bakasi. I swear I've read one like that. Or was it the one I wrote? (unfinished and not posted)

I'm pretty sure I've read one like that. The teenage daughter had a big poster of Superman on her door and Clark was embarrassed to no end...

I'm also pretty sure I've read a fic where the teenage daughter thought that Lois was having an affair with Superman. I don't think they were the same fic.

I'd love to read another one... Go for it, Barbara.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131304 12/23/06 03:09 AM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'd love to read another one... Go for it, Barbara.
Nahh, I've got soem ideas, but not enough to turn it into a story. And I'm quite busy with Becca right now. Or rather I'm not busy, because this scene is a bitch. It just doesn't flow. mecry

#131305 12/23/06 10:38 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Tell me about it. I'm at a non-flowing scene, myself. If I could just write it down and post... mad

#131306 12/23/06 12:45 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Don't you hate those scenes?

#131307 12/23/06 12:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, yes. Absolutely.

#131308 12/23/06 11:57 PM
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I know the cure - feedback wink

I'm not stuck anymore - doing the happy dance ! dance

#131309 12/24/06 03:59 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm pretty sure I've read one like that. The teenage daughter had a big poster of Superman on her door and Clark was embarrassed to no end...
Don't quote me on it, because I'm probably completely wrong, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read this, Nancy, was one of Cindy Leuch's Next Gen series. I have the idea that there's a scene like that in one of them. Or maybe it's a teenage girlfriend of the daughter, perhaps?

I could be waaaaaaaay off track though.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#131310 12/24/06 09:31 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I can't quite place it either, but it seems like I've read one where the daughter has a crush on him and then another one where the friend has a crush on him.

#131311 12/26/06 05:58 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Don't quote me on it, because I'm probably completely wrong, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read this, Nancy, was one of Cindy Leuch's Next Gen series. I have the idea that there's a scene like that in one of them. Or maybe it's a teenage girlfriend of the daughter, perhaps?
It was actually the roommate of the fiancée (then just girlfriend) of the younger son of Lois and Clark. wink

"You take turns, advise and protect one another, even heal or be healed when the going gets too tough. I know! That's not a game--that's friendship!" ~Shelly Mezzanoble, Confessions of a Part-Time Sorceress: A Girl's Guide to the Dungeons & Dragons Game

Darcy\'s Place
#131312 01/02/07 10:53 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm afraid if I think about the possible situations about Lois having an affair with her husband (yet not) or Clark having an affair with himself (how would THAT work?) I'll give myself a psychological disorder.

P.S. Never try to think too hard about the possibilities of what to do with a time travel device. Brain overload...

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131313 01/04/07 08:28 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was actually the roommate of the fiancée (then just girlfriend) of the younger son of Lois and Clark.
Yeah, but there's another one out there where the daughter or the daughter's friend is still living at home - ie a young teen. The above is from one of Cindy's fics (a prequel to 'Meet Sam Wayne', but I'm not sure which one).

I lost you, Woody. Huh?

#131314 01/04/07 09:45 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Well, there are many things you can do with a time-travelling device. And there are many others you can't do without causing a paradox. Depending on the theory ou stick to, you can't meet yourself, sire your grandfather, kill your mother before you're born or do something else that might threaten your very own existence. Like killing the dog that saved your life before you took the trip. Considering all those possibilities (and no-can-do's) can be mind-boggling. Talking about brain overload...

#131315 01/05/07 04:59 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Okay, I'm lost... <giggles>

What's time travel got to do with Superman's teenage daugther having a crush on him?

#131316 01/05/07 08:24 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Hmm. Perhaps that daughter is named Mayson and travels back in time before she's in on the family secret? And get's adopted by a Mr. and Mrs. Drake? evil

#131317 01/05/07 09:30 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Sorry, the time travel really didn't have anything to do with the discussion. I was using it as another example.

Here's where I was going. If you really start to think about Lois "having an affair" with Superman (even though that's not possible since she's married to him, yet is she, since she's really married to Clark, you start to see Clark's problem with referring to himself in the third person) or even as someone mentioned, somebody thinking Clark and Lois were each having an affair with Superman, you end up with Clark having an affair with his other "person", which, besides being twisted, gives you a Me, Myself, and Irene kind of situation. It's a catch 22, and thinking about it too hard could give you a psychological disorder.

The time travel comment was another illustration of this problem. Say time travel is available to a few people, and a cop knows of a criminal who is going back in time a little bit, back to a time before time travel was invented, and committing crimes but escaping through time. (Kind of like Tempus in Tmepus Anyone?) The cop might go back and stop the crook. Then the crook from before he was caught looks at history and sees that he was caught. He goes farther back and thwarts the cop from stopping him from committing the crime. The cop goes back before that and stops the crook. the cycle could repeat itself many times over.

Another problem is the "messing with history" issue. Say it is five years after the invention of the time machine. Someone uses a machine to go back and kills the inventor, making it certain no one will discover his plans for 20 years. But then, the murderer wouldn't have a time machine to go back in time with, therefore allowing the inventor to live, allwing the murderer to go back again. Which thing takes priority? Or if someone went back in time and did something that resulted in them never being born, which means they never were alive to do that act, which means they were born... I hope you see what I mean.

Thinking about the possibilities of time travel and all the conflicts can sometimes be too much to think about.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard