Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131272 12/01/06 06:22 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Yes, I click the New Topic button a lot, here, don't I?

Anyway, there was a dream that I had once that I thought would make a good story, in the right hands. It was...sad, and I don't really know why I dreamt it, but it went like this:

Clark Kent was unemployed. How he lost his job, I don't know. But he couldn't get or keep another job, because he had a poor work-attendance record (arriving late, leaving early, numerous inexplicable disappearances). The result, apparently, was that he had much more time to be Superman. Perhaps *too* much more time. He became depressed, and an alcoholic! (It has been speculated, in various fics, that if Clark drank *enough*, it would affect him).

Naturally, Lois could not or would not put up with this, and she threw him out. My dream showed me a sorry, slightly-drunken figure trying desperately to get his wife to take him back.

Well, that's it. I warned you it was depressing. Did she take him back? I don't know. I like to think so. But what happened?

In my dream, this was an alternate universe, so perhaps this story can be done as a cross-over, ala "Lois and Clarks", or as a stand-alone.

~•~
#131273 12/01/06 06:38 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Would this involve FUI's? (flying under the influence)

Oh, and btw: *Sweet* dreams.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
#131274 12/02/06 10:18 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think this would be a great idea. I'd actually consider since I have experience working with chemically dependent folks, but I just don't know when I'd work it in. I've got two stories going by myself, three betas, and a story in the early stages with another person. I'm also looking for a job... So if I ever wrote it, it would be a while.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131275 12/02/06 04:56 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Look on the videos sites for "Losing Lois Lane" (approximately 20 minutes in length.)

from the ifilms.com Synopsis
What happens when Superman loses the love of his life? Dumped, depressed, unmotivated, Superman is forced to crash on co-worker Jimmy Olson's couch for what is becoming an awkward amount of time.

Jimmy takes the opportunity to make a documentary exposing his new roommate as more "mild-mannered" than "man of steel".

Will Superman get off the couch and return to fighting evil? Will he recover from the devastating blow dealt him by Lois Lane? Will he regain his confidence? Will he cut down on the booze? Will he ever get laid again?

The film (about 20 min long)

Visit the Official Site: http://www.secretidentityproductions.com/

Framework4
#131276 12/02/06 05:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Oh, my gosh... I can't imagine that language coming out of Clark Kent / Superman, but that was funny. (And I won't usually watch stuff with such blatant language.)

#131277 12/02/06 05:59 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Oh, my gosh... I can't imagine that language coming out of Clark Kent / Superman, but that was funny.
Agreed, I can't picture any of them talking that way.

(And I won't usually watch stuff with such blatant language.)
I hadn't recalled just how bad the language was, I watched it ages ago, and that type of language is common in my work environment, so I must have mentaly bleeped it out. Sorry.

Framework4
#131278 12/02/06 07:07 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was still pretty funny.

#131279 12/04/06 05:30 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have a story idea that kinda ties in with this it does have Clark becoming unemployed and taking to drink I don't know how much i want to give away because it maybe some time before I can write it as I have at least four stories I want to finish. But it maybe even more depressing than you were intending.

Thanks for the love
Thanks for the guidance
Thanks for the TARTAN PRIDE HA!

Can't Stop Me Now - Rod Stewart - Time 2013

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard