Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
As far as Faustian is concerned, I've been a bit of a dead-beat premise donor, so far. So I'm going to poke my hat into the ring for a bit.
Sue and I were discussing Faustian Bargain, and it seemed to me that the only reason she was able to spin it out for twenty chapters because one or other of the character firmly put their feet in their mouths at crucial moments. So I'm posing a challenge:
In chapter ten, we are presented with a real devil’s riddle when Lois asks:
"Tell me the truth, Clark. Did you do this just for sex?" dizzy
There really doesn’t seem to be any good answer to this question. But is there any other way Clark could have answered this, garnering better, or even more disastrous, results?
Post a reply, write a vignette, play with this however you like!
(Personally, I'd love a good laugh.) cool

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Holy freaking heck! Hasini! You actually put a challenge out there for this?

Hah! Do you know how many times while I was beta reading for Sue, that I made up "the next part" in my head while I was waiting for the actual part to come from her.

None of them were as good as what Sue sent me, of course, but I just had to share that with you.

(Sue - I don't know that I ever told you that either.)

I can't wait to see what the FoLCs come up with on this challenge. Maybe I'll even try my hand at it. <DJ shakes her head - no, everyone would probably run me out of the boards on a rail>

-- MR angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Merriwether
Merriwether
I'm afraid that anything I write would turn into a comedy (like Clark breaking out in song-Elvis songs) which would be totally out of place for FB.

I think, therefore, I get bananas.

When in doubt, think about time travel conundrums. You'll confuse yourself so you can forget what you were in doubt about.

What's the difference between ignorance, apathy, and ambivalence?
I don't know and I don't care one way or the other.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
No worries, Woody! We're only going to play with the idea a little! It doesn't have to be anything serious. I'm sure Sue won't mind. I, of course, would do anything for a laugh. Did you know that the premise for FB was originally intended to be a Wodehouse-like farce, instead of the angsty masterpiece Sue came up with? Course, Sue had the better idea, but I wonder how much comedy we could've milked from the premise...

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard