Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#131133 10/21/06 09:05 PM
Juliet Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Okay, I was watching the History channel the other day and there was some show about greatest comics heroes, Vixens and Villians. In it it was revealed the Superman was origionally designed to be a villian before being sold to Action comics and becoming one of the most beloved heroes of all - time.

So I was thinking.

What if Superman had come to Earth, not as a hero but as a conquering villian?

How would this affect his personality? His relations with the people of Earth (Obviously very drastically)? How would it affect the people who in canon had been his friends, co - workers, family?

How would it affect any relationship with one Lois Lane?

More to the point: Could he be redeemed INTO a hero? laugh

Length and everything else is up to any and all authors who take it up.

Have fun! evil

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing
#131134 10/22/06 12:33 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Some of it has been done by DC. Before their "Crisis of Infinite Earths", they had an earth three where every single superhero known from earth one (the one with the original Superman) was evil.

By the way: The "Superman" of earth three called himself Ultraman. His "Lex Luthor" (Alexis or something) was the only active superhero. Lois Lane was deeply attracted to him. I believe that, in the end, they even married.

If you want to know what an evil Superman would do, just look at what "Lord Nor" did. That'd pretty much sum it up - with the exception that there wouldn't be a Superman to stop him.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#131135 10/22/06 05:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah, I saw that show on the history channel. I even recorded it.

Interesting idea. Would anyone read a fic, though, where Superman remained evil? Unless of course maybe it was a multi-universe fic.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
#131136 10/23/06 04:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This has actually been done at least once.

I don't remember the author or the name of the series, but it was about a alternate universe Lord Kal-El going from universe to universe, taking over each one until he came to one like our familiar one...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#131137 10/28/06 05:03 PM
Juliet Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Originally posted by Classicalla:
Yeah, I saw that show on the history channel. I even recorded it.

Interesting idea. Would anyone read a fic, though, where Superman remained evil? Unless of course maybe it was a multi-universe fic.
I don't know, but maybe if he were to start out as evil and maybe become redeemed as the story went along or he atoned by perhaps dying to save Earth or something. I'm just tossing ideas off the top of my head.

Of course Lois would be a huge part of whatever occured.

You say I'm a witch like it's a bad thing

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard