Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JoMurf Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
J
Allright, so I was re-watching the first part of season 1 this weekend, and with fanfic in mind, found a couple of challenges and/or 'did this ever get explained in fanfic' questions:

Ep 1 "The Pilot": How does Lois get off the shuttle. You clearly see Sman walking off with Lois still standing there. Moments later the shuttle is lifted off. So, how did she get off? (Cat makes some comment about Lois with Sman on the space spation in ep 3... did Lois make it into space? If so, how did she get back?)
Along with this, when she is on the shuttle she is wearing a jumpsuit with her hair tightly pulled back. Fast forward a few scenes to The Daily Planet. News articles are already printed, Sman flies in with Lois, her hair down and she's in a suit. What happened between the shuttle and this scene? Did she ask Sman to drop her off at her apt and wait while she changes? smile

Ep 2 "Strange Visitor": When Trask comes in, he immediately singles out Clark Kent and Lois Lane. Why Clark? Lois would have written the original article herself. And Clark would have only partnered with her for the one story about the Messenger. Why would Trask think Clark would know anything? (I realize they filmed this ep 3rd after NB, but does that even make a difference?)

So, my point is this:
*challenge to someone to explain this "anomalies" away.
or *has there been any fanfic that already sufficiently explained these away?

Julie

Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think there have been quite a few stories over the years explaining the first one. Naturally enough, I can't remember the title of a single one of them. But I do know they're out there. laugh

The second one, I have no clue.

Which doesn't mean there can't be more. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As for the 1st one...

I always assumed that her clothes were at the launch station in a locker or something. I mean obviously she didn't own an orange jumpsuit like the one she was wearing. She would have needed to swipe one and change out of her clothes into the jumpsuit, or put the jumpsuit on over her clothes.

So once Superman rescued her (either taking her down to the ground before he lifted the shuttle into orbit - or somehow bringing her back down with him after he docked the shuttle) she could have just taken the jumpsuit off, or changed out of it back into her own clothes, and given it back to NASA - who rightly owned it.

That's my take.

As far as point 2 is concerned...

Yes, I've always wondered about that too. I just assumed that a few weeks had passed in between what we saw in the pilot and what we see in episode 2 and that perhaps during that time, Clark had helped Lois write some coverage on Superman, or something like that...

I would like to see someone take up this challenge though. Interesting...

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Point 2 - My impression was that Clark was targeted because he was from Smallville where Superman's ship landed. He may also have realized that Clark's adoption might have been a little hinky. Lois would probably have been targeted because she had met Superman and had written an article about him. Then when she went ballistic, they would have increased their scrutiny of her.

Although they eventually came under more scrutiny, I also never assumed they were the only employees originally targeted. They were just the only ones the show focused on.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
OK, I'm pretty sure that there are other fics that use point 1 as the actual basis of the plot, but if you just want an explanation of what might have happened between the bomb and arriving at the Planet, CC's In a Better Place (New! On the Archive this week!) does that, and a lot more besides... laugh

Helga

Knowledge is knowing that tomatoes are a fruit.

Intelligence is not putting them in a fruit salad.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard