#130178 01/02/06 02:04 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
oh, why is it always me doing this? dizzy

ok, we've got these two women named Martha, and they each have a son, only child, and these two boys seem to have a thing for throwing themselves headlong into a dangerous lifestyle. Your challenge: Write a series of letters that are sent back and forth between the Marthas, talking about their feelings, worries, etc. regarding their sons. (heh---ignoring the fact that one of the Marthas is dead... blush ). Due date: Monday morning.

(er....editor's note: Martha Kent and Martha Wayne. wink I'd get to work on it right now, but I don't feel I'm sharp enough on Mrs. Kent to write her well, though from what I remember, she's no wallflower!) (oh, and I think having six stories going simultaneously is quite enough, thank you.)

(er....and another editor's note. if someone wants, I'll write it tag-team style with em. I'll do the martha wayne bit and someone else writes the martha kent ones. one of us starts, and when one letter is completed, the other person reads it and writes the response.)

#130179 01/03/06 03:17 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think that would be fun. Tag teaming might be the best way for me. I would need to revamp myself on M. Kent of course, but I think it is a doable. Please give further details as to how you would want to go about doing this.

Thanks, Judy
#130180 01/03/06 01:08 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
oh boy, hm......

*assumes Winnie the Pooh thinker position* think think...think....think think.....

ok, um.... I'll have a look at how the fics are supposed to be formatted or whatever in this section, and..... um...yeah. got any ground rules? for my side, I wanna say no referring to any famously costumed villains of batman's, because I write them right outa my fics. I just ignore their existence.

not very long letters, either. I dunno..... I'm not very equipped, though, to give a line limit or word limit. (and besides, with my lengthy posts, *I'm* the one that will need the reprimand!).

anything you wanna add? I figure we'll just kinda play it by ear. If I start, I'll try to take a swipe at how this situation (M kent and M wayne writing letters when one of em is dead) came about, but....honestly, I would just rather ignore it because it would be too hard to come up with a detailed, clear one! also, kind of ignore the fact that Martha W is dead.

anything else?

#130181 01/04/06 07:18 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I think you starting first would be a good thing. Maybe we could each do a letter per week? Do we send our letters to each other before posting? Should both be posted at the same time?

Obviously, we would need to assume Martha Wayne was still alive. I think it might be interesting if they met in a chat room, maybe using email or instant messenger (modernize it a bit). The rest I agree we would be better of to play by ear.

I have posted before, but not in this section. My belief is that it would be posted in the FanFic section. That is something else we can play by ear.

If you would like to get in contact with me my email address is show_me_the_way10@yahoo.com

I use both msn and yahoo messenger too. For yahoo my email is also my user ID. MSN my ID is kittyj1414@hotmail.com

I will keep a look out for your reply and possible emails. On the post (if you do decide to use email or messenger) please let me know which account of mine you will be sending to.

Thanks, Judy
#130182 01/04/06 11:59 AM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
well, unfortunately real life has happened. my car got envious of the $700 house payments I was writing and demanded a piece of the pie. so car trouble has me in a tizzy. I shoulda been blond...

as a result i'm not gonna be able to focus my 6-7 brain cells very well for the next few days. but for right now I can say a few things.

one letter per week? howzabout whenever we get around to it? I don't want to be a nazi on time. whenever we get to the next one is fine. if a month goes by, maybe one will ask the other "what's up?". but if there is a long lag, it could also mean the idea has run its course and is done. I have no idea how many letters it would be, either. maybe 1-2 would be sufficient, and maybe we'll get excited and do 4-5 apiece. play it by ear is my maxim. no teachers lookin' over our shoulders. smile

meeting in a chat room.... er..... hm.... i'm not seeing that. Now that I think about it, "pretending she ain't dead" would just kinda amount to "don't ask her what she had for supper last night". the focus is on the boys (clark and bruce) not the women, so much.

maybe what we could do is when I get the first letter done, or a rough draft, I'll email it to you, and you see if it's do-able. Is this idea ok? What I don't want to do is stick you in the embarrassing situation of having to answer a question that may have a definitive answer from the series (like, what did she think when she first realized they had a baby boy on their hands? did they deal with this? I don't know) but it's something you may not know off the top of your head. this is supposed to be lazy fun here. laugh you and I could kinda check 'em with each other to make sure we aren't writing the other into a plot problem, or something. THEN post em. smile

after all, I can pretty much make things up with impunity, from my side. goofy it's really YOU that we don't wanna write into a problem.

do you get what I mean about ignoring her death? maybe when I send the first letter, look at it and see how the point of view feels. we'll see.

oh, and Martha W would pretty much have a "God's eye view" of lois and clark. she'd know as much as someone who had seen the series, for example. (which I haven't, not all of it anyway, so that's my challenge!)

edit---hang on a second! it just occurred to me that "ignoring her death" is the exact same as "she never died"! we're both talking about doing the same thing, I think. you write it like she never died, and it will come off as "ignoring her death". the only bending of the perspective would be this:

because of what happened with martha W, her son is batman. she may mention this in her letters, but we just won't mention what "it" is. this isn't something you will have to work with, since it's on my side, and anyway, I never intended to deal with that aspect very much. I can easily ignore it completely, if you'd like me to. get it?

#130183 01/04/06 02:38 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have got to admit, it sounds best if you email me a first letter. Will help me see your perspective and expectations. A draft is fine, I just need your POV on these letters. I do not mind details as I know more of LnC, and if I do not know the answer I can research it. Any difficulties you have on referencing to LnC feel free to ask. Hopefully, I can find the answers you might need, if I do not know them already. In return I hope I can equally rely on you, as I am not a total batman fan, nor do I know a lot about that character.

The only reason I suggested something so high-tech, for their meeting is because for an older lady M.K. is pretty up to date. This was demonstrated in season 1 with a convrsation between her an Lois about a fax machine. Maybe instead of a chat room, it could start out as a fluke accident of email - ie typo in an email address on M.W. part. If you are not gung-ho about this iea at all, I call settle on scrapping it altogethr.

Looking forward to see your POV on paper.

Thanks, Judy
#130184 01/05/06 01:33 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
actually..... if I'm unnerstanding you right....

how about they more or less do the whole thing in email? I don't know how that would change things---the contents of a handwritten letter wouldn't differ very much from an email letter. But I have a feeling it would keep mine brief. I've got a bad habit of running on at the fingers, so please do feel free to wield the axe if I talk too much! blush

i'll work on a draft this weekend of #1 and fling it to you in email. thumbsup

oh--and as for you not knowing a lot about batman, here's how I feel about that: thumbsup

#130185 01/06/06 03:04 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great, will keep a look out for it. Which account will you send it to? May I add to it if I see anything needing done?

About me not knowing about Batman, the sad thing is I had to look up who M. Wayne was.

Thanks, Judy
#130186 01/06/06 12:41 PM
S
Sileas Offline OP
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
S
probably the "show me the way" address?

adding/editing---yep. it's a rough draft. we still don't know precisely how these two got in contact yet. we'll figger it out. smile

#130187 01/06/06 02:46 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I will ponder...and look for your email.

Thanks, Judy

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard