Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#130161 12/15/05 06:03 PM
Laurach Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Aw that was adorable. Very holidayish! Happy Holidays to you and thanks for the gift of your story. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#130162 12/16/05 01:20 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Too cute. I adore WAFFy kidfics. I kind of don't get why Cat would be there, but I guess it all worked.

“Honey, what have I told you about running full force into mommy’s legs?” the other Lois asked, looking down at the little boy… who looked just like Clark.

“That I’m just like daddy so I shouldn’t run real fast into things because you’re not just like daddy and it hurts!”
goofy

Chriscy

#130163 12/16/05 02:40 PM
Kerth
Kerth
What fun! Good job getting everything in there! Thanks for the holiday treat. smile
Susan (who really prefers the colored lights)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#130164 12/16/05 06:25 PM
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

A beautiful story...so....special. smile

I love the way HG Wells help Lois to see what really matters.

I love the story, well done.

Karla (who thinks that if she were Supermans wife she wouldnt care about the color of the lights)

#130165 12/18/05 03:38 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww!

That's just perfect. Like the Christmas Lois saw.

Keep writing!
Anna smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#130166 12/18/05 01:58 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Inspiring? Nahhhh But thanks for your comment blush

This story is just perfect! H.G.Wells around is always loads of fun laugh

It also made me realize that, although this will be the first Xmas and Birthday away from my own family, I should make the best out of it! Although I have no tree or presents to give or receive, Xmas is about whats inside us and how the magic works in ourselves.

I shall have a great birthday and a wonderful Xmas. I shall buy myself a cake and a wonderful present. And who knows, maybe an alluminium tree.

laugh Thanks for the story! A True FoNS (Fan of Nicole S ) laugh laugh laugh laugh

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
#130167 12/28/05 04:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Great story. I loved all of it, HG Wells is my favourite character. It did not make sense why Cat was there, but I'm sure she got divorced or something and decided to start fresh again in Metropolis.

There was a good lesson to be learned here. Christmas is not about trees and gifts (things), its about family and other people.

PS. I think a mixture of white and coloured lights would have been nice

Thanks, Judy
#130168 12/30/05 11:14 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
That was great! So sweet and funny! I can't even say what was my favorite part, but I know I love Cat Grant as the slutty Santa! razz

The end of this story makes up for any little reminders of childhood disappointments that may possibly have been present in the previous parts of it. Lois and Clark are in love, understand what Christmas is all about, and make love by the Christmas tree!!! Sigh!!! I'm a puddle of gooey WaFF on the floor now, Nicole! laugh

Ann

#130169 01/04/06 09:55 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thank you, thank you, thank you, Laura, Chriscy, Susan, Karla, Erica, Anna, Ann and Judy! I'm glad you enjoyed this story! blush

I have to agree with what most of you said... I prefer color lights too wink Fun and homey!! And I'm glad the message of the story as well as the presence of Mr. Wells was well-received and not dubbed "completely and totally corny", which I feared!! wink

As for Cat being in the story, I originally was going to have Jimmy or Perry as Santa, or either Lois or Clark themselves, but decided to go randomly with Cat, to keep it clear this is the future, and obviously at some point something happened in which Cat returned and (seemingly) softened. It's unclear... I just thought it'd be fun to not know what happened and why - a reminder that this is the future and not all is obvious.

Anyway, again, thanks ALL of you!!!!!!! smile smile smile

~NICOLE

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard