Next Thread
Print Thread
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
This is a story which I'd really like to read. If it has been written already, could anyone please tell me where to find it? Otherwise, is somebody out there willing to write it?

The story goes like this. Lois doesn't know that Clark and Superman are one and the same, and she is somewhat infatuated with Superman.

Clark suddenly comes down with a strange form of amnesia which causes him to forget everything about his double life. Certain triggers still make him alternate between his two identities, but while he is Superman he has no memory of ever being Clark, or vice versa.

Clark and Superman are both in love with Lois, but only Superman believes that the feeling is mutual. Seeing no reason not to act on this love, Superman goes to Lois and becomes her lover.

After a while, though, memory returns to Superman and Clark...

Well, FoLCs? Anybody up to the challenge?

Ann

kb Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Try this one: Two Faces of Clark By Gerry Anklewicz.

S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
If I remember correctly, a similar plot is Two faces of Clark by Gerry Anklewicz!

simona smile

T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Yes, you are right! I have read it, and I like it very much. But I would want this one to be slightly different. In Gerry's story, Clark gets a split personality *because* of his mixed-up feelings for Lois. Therefore, in his Superman persona, he isn't quite his normal superhero self, but rather a very amorous super lover. I would want to read a story where the split personality is not actually caused by Clark and Superman's schizophrenic relationship to Lois. I would like to see this Superman as a cool, detached superhero, who realises he is in love with Lois, and who can find no good reason not to act on this love once he realises his feelings are reciprocated. I would like him try to build a rather serious relationship with Lois and be responsible about it to the best of his ability. He would have to worry about various practical details, but he wouldn't worry about Clark at all. Of course he would have to have various doubts about himself - why is it that he has all these memory lapses all the time? I don't think he would want to discuss it with Lois, however, because I imagine his relationship with her would be ever so slightly condescending. Superman is a superhero, after all, and not a mere mortal. And then imagine what it would be like for him to realise that "Superman" is only a two-dimensional cartoon character, a disguise that has only existed for a few years! An unrealistic dream which has been created by Lois Lane, pretty much! The woman he loves! And that the real man is that Clark Kent nerd, who is now furious, mortified and depressed! And what will Lois say once when she finds out?? So while I greatly admire Gerry's story, I would like this one to be slightly different!

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sounds llike you have this story all thought out, Ann. smile Why don't you write it yourself - you have your characterization planned as well as the A plot. Go for it. smile

c

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard