Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOL! Thanks, Dave - cheque's in the mail.

P.S; How was I suppossed to know the Labster was female?
You couldn't. <g> Choosing a non-gender-specific nick inevitably means on occasion you're going to be mistaken for the wrong gender. laugh That's my problem, no one else's. If I wanted to ensure it didn't happen, it'd be on me to make sure I used a gender specific nick. wink

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Merriwether
Merriwether
People thought I was a boy for a while.

Thanks for the smile for the paragraph. HEHE.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Lois Lane settled down in her hiding place, waiting for the meeting between the two crime bosses to begin. After while she fell asleep. When she woke up it was morning and everything was over.

The End.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nan, given your talent for complicated A-plots and closed mysteries, that was funny. lol

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/
Merriwether
Merriwether
thumbsup

Features Writer
Features Writer
You should call these Tranq endings...as in, they are so boring they'll tranquilize you....

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
goofy

And I could go on, but I think that's enough.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Toc, I don't know what category this falls in, but I absolutely love it!! rotflol rotflol

Maybe you should consider entering that 'Dark and Stormy Night' competition... I can't remember its name, but somebody else might.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Merriwether
Merriwether

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
Merriwether
Merriwether
My first thought was....being concerned over the lack of stars that could happen on a clear night in New Jersey. I'd be sad w/o stars.

Then I realized I am overtired and that was a lame thought and should go to bed.

G. Night.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the grand opening of the new city courthouse! I'm pleased that you could all be present for this historic event."

Lois yawned and leaned over the armrest to look at Clark's watch. "Only 3:05," she muttered. "How long do you think he'll keep talking?"

"Probably until they forcibly remove him from office. In 2008."

"Our previous courthouse was a landmark of the city, serving for 200 years as the center of all legal events in Metropolis. Regrettably, last year's fire destroyed that building and forced us to consider where and how to rebuild such an important building."

"He managed to use the word 'build' three times in a single sentence, Clark! Don't mayors have speech editors or something?"

"Since my election as mayor, I have been dedicated to improving Metropolis in every possible way without increasing taxes. We've seen new hospitals, schools, government buildings, and public services opening all over the city. We've seen roads being built and repaired. We've seen more jobs being created."

Lois gave him a fierce glare. "Plus higher crime rates, *higher* taxes, and more government officials taking bribes."

"Hush," Clark said, trying to suppress a grin.

"Oh, like you couldn't hear him over me if you really wanted to."

"Actually, I'm trying to block him--and you--out so I can listen to a TV show in the next apartment building."

She gave him a hrrmph and folded her arms across her chest.

"You're seeing your tax dollars at work today, citizens of Metropolis! This courthouse will allow you to complete legal processes, from changing your name to filing for bankruptcy or divorce! It will allow you to stand trial for offenses, and to sue when your rights as citizens have been trampled upon! It will preserve your rights as citizens of this fair country! In fact, it will also be used as a polling station during our next election so that citizens living in the center of Metropolis will no longer have to go as far as the police station to exercise their rights as citizens!"

"Citizens, four times," Lois said. At a glare from Clark, she mimed zipping her lips.

"Courthouses are one of the most important buildings you can find in this city or any other. Courthouses are a direct symbol of our government and how it works for us. Today, thanks to your tax dollars and our local government contractors, we have a new courthouse! And now, please welcome our honored guest, Superman, who will be doing the honors of cutting the ribbon!"

Lois turned to Clark, who was slumped in his chair, softly snoring. A tiny dribble of drool ran down his chin.

"Uh, Clark," she whispered, shoving at him. "You're supposed to be doing ribbon-cutting."

"Oh, right," he said, ducking under his chair as if to grab a dropped pen, then scurrying out of sight and reappearing at the edge of the stage.

"Congratulations on your new courthouse, Metropolis," he said, cutting the red ribbon in front of the courthouse doors.

"Gee, odd, that," Lois whispered, knowing he would hear her. "I would have expected a stream of excited citizens rushing in to file bankruptcy, or divorce, or change their names. Or something.

"That's the problem with courts. They're... boring."

1 member likes this: CarolD
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hehe!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

Kerth
Kerth
Ticandtoc: That was hysterical! Poor, poor New Jersey! smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
laugh Thanks!

I've got seven pages of that stuff. I was er, bored... one night and was trying to write the worst, most boring, badfic version of Clark's arrival on earth.

I call it something like How It All Began (The Babble Version). The whole thing's full of useless repetition, completely irrelevant information, and absolutely no conversation. goofy

goofy ~Toc

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seven pages of absolutely no conversation, Janet? I can beat you on that one. goofy I think CC counted eleven pages... laugh

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I'm dying to see this badfic, Toc! Seriously!!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, goofy you asked for it! I just posted it in the fanfic folder, and I'm dedicating it you, AnnaBtG. smile

I never thought this little... diversion would see the light of day blush
but I'm happy you want to see it.

~Toc

------

-Elayne Boosler
Blogger
Blogger
Meerkat I liked your take.

"Actually, I'm trying to block him--and you--out so I can listen to a TV show in the next apartment building."
Oh I wish I had superpowers sometimes. What a great escape at times like these.

Yet even listening to TV still could not end the snore fest. sad
And now, please welcome our honored guest, Superman, who will be doing the honors of cutting the ribbon!"

Lois turned to Clark, who was slumped in his chair, softly snoring. A tiny dribble of drool ran down his chin.

"Uh, Clark," she whispered, shoving at him. "You're supposed to be doing ribbon-cutting."

"Oh, right,"
Good job.

TLAT

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)
Features Writer
Features Writer
*steps into view*

boring? Oooo! I can do boring! And tedious! And there's a good chance of bad!ficness(as you can tell in my butchering of grammar and spelling)!

--

Lois Lane, award-winning journalist, stood in line at the grocery store. It was currently the only one open, and it had taken her fifteen minutes to be next in line. Of course, the little old lady in front of her proved to resemble the stereotypes Lois tried to avoid with her hunched shoulders, glasses secured to her neck with a thin strand of beads, and purse clutched to her chest.

And oh yeah, the several dozen cans of animal food crowding the counter.

The cashier began to slide the cans over the scanner one at a time, the assembly too cluttered and assorted to simply count and divide.

beep

beep

beep

There was a pause as the cashier couldn't get one of the bar codes to be read by the machine, so she had to manually type in the UPC code.

Finally it went through with a resounding beep.

beep

beep

beep

Turning to the magazines that lined the endcap, Lois picked up one of the tabloid rags. The headlines SUPERMAN HAVING TORRIDAFFAIR WITH ELVIS' ALIEN DAUGHTER made her grimace. Last week he’d been having an affair with her. The week before that it was Bigfoot.

Placing the rag back in place she picked up the TV Guide.

Hmmm. What’s playing on tv this week? Thumbing through she found an ad for some new series about housewives. Peering close at the tall brunette in the picture promoting the show, she wondered how Clark would take it if she grew her hair out like that.

Paging through some more, she noticed that the SciFi channel was having a movie marathon. Reading through the titles she noticed they were mostly the poorly made ‘Mutated Spider Takes Over Hong Kong’ types of movies. They were entertaining enough to watch if one was bored. In fact, just the other day she had watched one about a snake in an Antarctic prison. Granted, she would normally have turned the channel after the first fifteen minutes, but there was something about the main character.

Sighing, Lois put the Guide back and checked on the status of the pet food. The cashier was almost done, and Lois set out her own soon-to-be purchases. Toothpaste, deodorant, a couple books, pens. More stuff followed by food. Junk food for Clark, healthy food for her, and a happy medium for them.

And cheese.

However, the little old lady was not done. Pulling out a jar of coins that had been hidden in the cart, she began to count out the amount of money needed.

Groaning, Lois removed her never-would-be purchases from the belt and handed the basket to the cashier. “I’m going to be late for work.”

Walking out of the store, she called her husband. Forty seconds later they were in their room.

After her little adventure, she needed to play hooky.

--

Outside the store, the little old lady cackled evilly.

Soo, did you drool from boredom? DO I need to try harder?

Was it too short? laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
That was fun, Catherine!

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard