Thank you. smile

Yvonne

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What d'ya expect to hear when you are to fanfic what Orwell was to political writing, Dahl was to children's books, what I am to poetry?

S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
There seems to be a death thing going here, maybe some one can write a story where *everybody* dies.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Think a few of us have done that already, SJH. wink There was my Tank Ending to my story Are You Lonesome Tonight, where I killed off the entire planet, for instance, and I'm sure I wasn't the first or last... laugh

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Holy gingivitis. I read 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' Labrat and enjoyed it thoroughly.Did'nt know there was a
Tank ending too. I must check it out.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jensguy:

5. Clark is found dead on his thousandth birthday. How does the world cope without a Superman after having one for so long?

6. Lois is killed because Superman wasn't there in time. Clark's reaction from Perry's point of view. Perry doesn't know The Secret.

7. Lois's life after Tempus succeds in killing Baby Clark....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like these ideas!

I'm twisted...

Originally posted by Jensguy:
CP3? What happened to CP2?

Jimmy is shot instead of Clark in TOGOM?

Same but Perry instead?

Clark is having an affair with his female double from an alternate universe.....
ohhh...these too!

*blinks* though...that last one just hit me as something straight out of "Sliders" but anyway...

will brainstorm these...

Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
If someone wants to deal with Lois's life after baby Clark is killed, I'm sure it would be ... interesting. Ditto Clark's reaction after Lois is killed -- but I wouldn't be reading them. It wouldn't be the Lois and Clark romance, and bleak endings to Lois and Clark fics don't interest me. I've never understood the urge to make the characters permanently unhappy. Even as a writing exercise.

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay, Nan! I'm right with you on that one. Angst is one thing, but let's-see-how-horrible-we-can-be-to-the-characters has no appeal for me at all. And stories about Lois without Clark or Clark without Lois (or a reasonable substitute like Lori Lyons wink ) just miss the point, IMO.

Oh, and the affair with a female double from an AU doesn't remind me so much of Sliders as Red Dwarf... and you'll remember what happened to the male Lister after his drunken night with his female counterpart! laugh OTOH, a meeting between Clark and, say, Superwoman from a world like that in "Clark and Lois: the New Adventures of Superwoman" -- a long-lost fic of which I can only hope that I am remembering the title correctly, since my copy of it is elsewhere -- might be interesting, though what the author would do with "our" Lois and Superwoman's Clark is something of a stumbling block.

Phil

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Angst is one thing, but let's-see-how-horrible-we-can-be-to-the-characters has no appeal for me at all.
Of course, that's not always the motivation for such a fic. Many fans write fanfic to explore all possible possibilities out there, all the angles, all the what ifs...dark and light and all shades in between. It's curiosity to see how a specific change in the characters' histories would ricochet through their lives that interests them, rather than trying to be mean to the characters.

Although, there are writers who write the former, too, of course, just for the heck of it. smile1

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by Tarkas:

Oh, and the affair with a female double from an AU doesn't remind me so much of Sliders as Red Dwarf

Phil
Big fan of both shows, no wonder that plot idea got into the list, lol.

Wasn't a consious thing though, I didn't think of it having been used before, not only that, but TWICE!.... LOL.

Blogger
Blogger
I'd like to read about Clark growing up as each of his powers came in and how he and his parents reacted to them, and the relationships he had that made him the man he is today. Maybe it could be a flashback or the beginning of a story, because that wouldn't truly be LOIS AND Clark, it would just be Clark.

I still love the relationship between Clark and his parents.

Cheryl

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
[QUOTE]1
Mind you, the final battle is going to be real short. Moldywarts and the Death Tweeters appear for their traditional gloat; there's a rush of wind and all the DTs are unconscious and tied up with their wands snapped, their masks removed and their left sleeves ripped off to reveal the Dark Mark; and Tommy-boy is hanging from a nearby tree with his arms and legs broken and bound behind him(Nagini is the "rope") and his broken wand lying on the ground underneath him. "He's all yours, Harry," says Superman.

And what happened to Snivellus and Malferret before that will be left as an exercise for those who enjoy the machinations of the mind of Lois Lane.... evil "
To this, I just wanna say....Mwahahahaha!!

Akshully, if you drop over to Schnoogle.com I'm sure they have a lot of Superman/HP crossovers. FF.net might have any amount as well. I've seen 'em but never cared to read 'em, largely because they're mostly based on "Smallville". Which makes sense, 'cos that way, both our heroes can be teenagers. Only, I think an angst fest involving TWO angsty saviour-of-the world types would be too much for me to stomach. I feel enough like hurling every time I see another TOGOM re-write anyway, so angst isn't all that attractive for me right now.

By which way, why do I feel like us FolCs are woefully in the minority these days? Whatever happened to viewership solidarity? Or is it just me?

Hasini

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
- Further Down The Road by Terry Leatherwood.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
*Points upward*
I honestly have no idea how I manged to do that to my reply.
You'll have to sort it out. Sorry guys!
But what'd I do, anyway?

“Is he dead, Lois?”

“No! But I was really mad and I wanted to kick him between the legs and pull his nose off and put out his eyes with a freshly sharpened pencil and disembowel him with a dull letter opener and strangle him with his own intestines but I stopped myself just in time!”
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What happened, Lady_Mirth, is that you seem to have typed your response in the quote box, between "mind of Lois Lane" and "Phil." Exactly how that happened depends on how you quoted the original text, but it's not hard to do -- just obviously not what you had in mind. You could go back and edit it using the "edit post" function, or not, as you see fit. laugh

As for the perceived lack of FoLCs of late, well, that inevitably happens when a show ends, and L&C has been gone for 8 years now -- heck, it's their 10th wedding anniversary coming up this year! jawdrop Many people who enjoyed the show while it was being shown drift away without their regular "fix" -- and there was very little L&C memorabilia to remind them of it -- and so the fans that are still active are the ones who really loved the show (and/or its fandom) and have stuck with it for that reason. Some have been lured away by other shows (regrettably including Smellville, which I for one would banish to the deepest depths of Gehenna, taking most of the DC editorial staff with it) or other interests, and others have had RL encroach on their time for much more than lurking. The people who post here are the "hard core" FoLCs, who have maintained their interest and their links with other fans -- and more power to their elbows!

Phil, who wouldn't touch an HP/Smellville crossover with the proverbial 40-foot barge pole

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks, I got it! thumbsup
Aww, c'mon. Smallville isn't that bad!
I haven't actually had time to watch it, but I got down the episode transcripts and it seems quite interesting.
It's no Lois and Clark, of course, but it has it's merits. cool

“Is he dead, Lois?”

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've always wanted to write a story where Mayson is part of B39. Taking over for Trask... "Never send a man to do a woman's job." I thought it would have fit well with her attitude towards Supes... but she seemed to be someone who would roll her eyes at how badly Trask bungled everything and such. Now, whether she'd turn out to be a good guy or a bad guy at the end (when she finds out that he's Clark and that he's sincere and all)...? Maybe it would be a good soul searching fic for Mayson... Or maybe she'd just turn out to be a b--ch :p

I'm never going to have time to write this though... so if anyone thinks they could do a good one...
I would, however, love to be a BR if anyone who writes this would like one. laugh

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I would *love* a crossover with Lois & Clark and Scarecrow and Mrs. King or with Lois & Clark and Remington Steele. Don't care whether the look-alike Moms are aknowledged or anyone is related. I'm more interested in the SMK one, I guess, but either would be great. Don't care if the "correct" timelines are used or if the shows are considered to have occured simultaneously or if Superman makes his first appearance two days after the other show's season finale.

I just think it would be really neat to see how the IFF responded to Superman's arrival (he could definitely be a potential threat to national security - plus they might think it some kind of hoax first). Or if they've heard of Bureau 39 or have an opinion if they hear Trask is looking into it. Do they hear about the events of "The Green, Green Glow of Home"? Or what to they think of the New Kryptonian invasion?

Or if they're related, we could have Amanda and Dotty's reactions to the newspapers saying Superman and Lois are having an affair. It'd be hilarious to see them conversing with Ellen about it.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I would *love* a crossover with Lois & Clark and Scarecrow and Mrs. King or with Lois & Clark and Remington Steele.
In that case, if you haven't read them already, I refer you to the works of Elaine M. Gustainis on the Archive. Her first story, By The Light Of The Silvery Moon, is a mega-crossover with SMK and three or four other shows, including Remington Steele, though some of the connections are second-hand at best or really only cameos -- The X-Files, for instance. Still, they're good stories.

Phil

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I would *love* a crossover with Lois & Clark and Scarecrow and Mrs. King or with Lois & Clark and Remington Steele.
In that case, if you haven't read them already, I refer you to the works of Elaine M. Gustainis on the Archive. Her first story, By The Light Of The Silvery Moon, is a mega-crossover with SMK and three or four other shows, including Remington Steele, though some of the connections are second-hand at best or really only cameos -- The X-Files, for instance. Still, they're good stories.

Phil
I'll certainly check them out, though I was looking for a two-show crossover. More than three shows and things tend to get confusing(at least when you don't watch all the shows).

ETA: Actually, I've seen that one before. I don't watch half shows and don't know who half the characters are.

Kerth
Kerth
A CSI: Las Vegas or CSI: New York* crossover, with Lois and Clark both suspects in a murder case. Must include at least one member of the CSI team baffled by Clark's DNA, and preferably at least one member of the team putting the pieces together and working out that Clark is Superman.

* Not Miami please, can't stand most of the characters.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard