All right, as I was reading one of Tank and Wendy's old challenges, I thought it would be fun to throw out something... a bit evil, and see if anybody feels like writing an ending to it? So, anybody and everybody who would like to, feel free to give your own ending to this story.

"Oh, yes, Miss Lane," Randolph Newcomb said softly, not even turning to see the rage on her face as she struggled against her bonds. "A few more minutes, and Superman will be no more."

Lois attempted to wrench a wrist free from the ropes that held her--even if she sprained or broke a wrist, it would be worth it. Even losing a hand would probably be worth it, it if meant she could stop the villain from getting his way.

Newcomb was standing several yards away from her on the balcony of Lex Luthor's former penthouse, peering into something that looked like a giant telescope. He made constant adjustments, as if he was looking for something in the skies of Metropolis. "Won't be long now," he muttered.

Nigel St. John shot Lois a look of triumph as he surveyed the scene from the door. "Are you ready for me to set our plan in motion, Mr. Newcomb?" he asked, the sneer in his voice causing Lois to seethe.

There had to be a way out of this! There had to be! Unfortunately, this particular bad guy had apparently been a Boy Scout in his earlier days, because he'd managed to successfully tie her hands such that the ropes couldn't be pulled free, and no matter how much she twisted her wrists she couldn't reach the knot to try to unwork it. The chair she was tied to offered no sharp corners or even sharp edges that might work at the rope. And there was simply no time. No time at all.

"I'm ready," Newcomb said.

Nigel stepped back into the penthouse and said a few quiet words on the phone. A moment later, Lois heard a shriek from the street below. "Superman!"

She waited with bated breath, hoping against hope that Superman might be dealing with an earthquake in Asia, or a flood in Mexico, or anything that would keep him out of earshot. If only her mouth wasn't duct-taped shut...

But she had no such luck. Superman appeared in the sky in the distance, far above the height of the penthouse. As he neared the location of the woman in apparent distress, he started to drop...

Newcomb aimed his weapon, and a laser of Kryptonite green shot out and caught Superman in the chest... the laser robbed Superman of his powers and caused him to writhe in agony... fifteen hundred feet above the streets of Metropolis... Superman plummeted through the air.

Seconds went by. Lois could feel tears spring to her eyes. She was too far away from the edge of the balcony to see anything below, but the sudden screams of the people below told her what had happened.

Superman was dead.

Or, of course, if you *like* this ending, we can just leave it here...