Hey everyone! wave This is my first fanfic. I thought, have to start somewhere right? So here goes...

People briskly walked to work amid the chaos and noise that blanket downtown Metropolis on a weekday morning. A homeless man from his perch atop a garbage bin solemnly watched the public pass the quiet, dark alley. He chuckled as a brunette in a sky blue suit stumbled over a little wheel cast in her path.

Lois Lane glared, first at the round object and then at Clark, who had kindly blocked her fall. It seemed to her that everything wrong in her life was somehow his fault. Especially last evening. She grimaced.

Oblivious to her churning thoughts, Clark Kent waved his rolled up newspaper at the candy seller, as the two entered the Daily Planet lobby. Finding the elevator unoccupied, Clark straightened his collar and cleared his throat to ask the question he had been dying to. "So, how was your date with Agent Scardino?"

Lois shot him a glance and speculated if he could read her mind. But avoiding was what she did best. So, she brightened her tone and gushed, "You know, you should really check out the aquarium screensaver Jimmy downloaded for me. It can't beat the Superman one, but it's got indescribable realism."

"Okay, if you don't want to talk about it, I understand." Clark tried his level best to sound nonchalant.

"Mouse trap" Lois gave him a disgusted look.

"Huh? What..."

"Dan and I went to the movies. Anyone would expect it to be a delightful outing, right?"

"Umm, I don't..."

Without waiting for him to reply, she babbled on. "But no! Not only was it a dumb movie about two dumb men and their dumb house, the godforsaken theatre sold popcorn that looked like kitty litter and tasted like dog food." While Clark fought hard to control the laughter bubbling in him, Lois continued on a roll. "And on top of that Dan found it quite amusing that a Samuel Lane starred in it. SAMUEL LANE! Get it Clark? SAMUEL LANE"

As the elevator doors opened, Lois huffed her hair and balefully regarded how to turn down her lunch date, while Clark convulsed with laughter and relief.

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria