Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129577 12/03/04 05:19 PM
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
In The Canterbury(sp) Tales (I haven't read it but we touched on it in school) some friends are traveling to a distant city to escape the plague, and they pass the time by telling stories.

Here's the deal: Everyone who's interested, raise your hand (or just post here). Next week or next month (depending on people's enthusiasm), I'll email each FoLC the name of a character.

Your task is to write a short story (1-7 pgs or so) as though it were being told/written/made up by that character. Then email the stories back to me, and I'll try to staple them all together.

Sound fun? laugh

Any questions? smile

~•~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
So Mary, I was wondering if you'd want submissions in the same format and style as the Canterbury Tales? Middle English (where you can spell things any way you want razz ) and in rhyming verse? Just thought I should clarify in case anyone was wondering. laugh

For a look at The Canterbury Tales and what I'm talking about as far as style, go here .

Sara (who had to do this in high school grumble )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Top Banana
Top Banana
traveling to a distant city to escape the plague
or maybe they were pilgrims travelling to Canterbury??

so what would be the parallel in Metropolis - maybe en route to Metropolis for the World Series or some other Grailish (I know, no such word but...) experience?

c

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
/me raises hand, but posts here too.

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by skfolc:
<strong> So Mary, I was wondering if you'd want submissions in the same format and style as the Canterbury Tales? Middle English (where you can spell things any way you want help

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
If anyone has any ideas, I'm *very* open to suggestions.
Hey, how about, during Fly Hard, when Perry, Lois, Clark, Lex & Jack are held hostages. You can even include Cat and her... umm, friend. While, they are tied up and are not able to figure out the terrorists, they may as well tell each other stories rather than Perry's Dragonetti tale.

I'm aware this scenario will still need some more plotting & working out...

Just a suggestion. wave cool

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Mary, just enquiring, what happened to this, or did I lose the thread somewhere?

-Ankit

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Eep.
Thanks for the reminder blush

Anyway, the emails are sent. I think I got everyone. If there's anybody I missed, please email me.

My edress again is SongBirdMary1@msn.com

Thanks for yout patients laugh

~•~
Blogger
Blogger
As for where they're going/what they're doing, I was initially thinking stranded in the Daily Planet during a blackout, but it occured to me that they'd still be working.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm *very* open to suggestions.
Small suggestion. In the episode when Clark has just married the Lois clone there was a mention of a Planet ski weekend. Perhaps a sudden snow storm knocks out the power and they are stranded no way out of the snowy retreat? Just a thought, hope it helps.

TLAT thumbsup

~ It was because she'd been speechless. Her. Lois Lane.
Supreme Babbler. Had been speechless. ~
Reluctantly Engaged)

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard