Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know yer addicted when...

yer thinking about coming in to work on Thanksgiving day to catch the next installment of Haunting Eden

TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEJ dizzy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanksgiving isn't just a national holdiay, it's also a Thursday and you can get another hit of 'Eden'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I know is that my office is supposed to be closed that day, but I live right down the road and have my own key...

TEEEEEEEJ

D
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
D
You know you're addicted when...

... you blow off your girlfriend when she's in one of her special moods because there's been an update, and you can't understand why she's upset.

... you can - and do - read Faux Pas in one sitting, despite being in the middle of your exam period - because Wendy's fics are brilliant like that. (Does that count as fbk? wink )

... you can't remember your parent's first names (mum? dad? ... er?), but you can quote 'Chip Off the Old Clark', complete with accents ('Moma, why can I fly? Why can I bend steel bars over my head? Why wasn't I hurt when Uncle Luke shot me?').

'I just kind of died for you;
You just kind of stared at me'
- Aurora, Foo Fighters
Top Banana
Top Banana
LOL! Those are hilarious, guys! rotflol

Let's see if I can add more:

• You take entirely too much time doing everyday tasks because it's hard to peel an onion and type on irc at the same time.
  • You're sorry to go out because it means you'll be late on irc.
  • Your favourite computer techie lives over 4,000 miles away and charges you in bottles of Encona's sweet chilli sauce.
  • You have a walk-in closet somewhere in Ontario even though you technically live in France.
  • You don't go to Veneto, Italy to see Venice, but because you want to see the Evil FoLC who lives closeby.
  • You actually see your Italian, Canadian, American, British, far-away friends a lot more often than the ones who live in your hometown. (pathetic, but true!)
  • You're very frustrated with the train strike because it means you need to take your car and you can't read fanfic while driving.
  • You were deliriously happy the day you figured out that your classroom computer has a working internet access and it means you can check your email and the boards at each break.
  • You occasionally jot down fanfic notes in class and make sure nobody can see you doing so.
  • You can't explain clearly how you got to know some of your best friends.
  • You agree to take a plane to Canada even though technically you're absolutely terrified of the flying thingies and you'd always told yourself you would never ever step onto one.
  • In relation to the previous entry, you actually got a frequent flyer card...

That's all I can think of so far!

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You take class of English only to read fanfics! (this am I blush )

You keep on a dictionary by near to don't lose one word of a fanfic, because your English isn't this good (this am I, too laugh ).

~Andreia (who prints fanfics to read when isn't near a computer) peep

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
-you d/l super-long fics, shrink the font to a size 7 in a small font (garamond), shrink the margins to .4" then print them on the backs of recycled paper to carry around with you, in case you might have spare time to read during the day (like when class gets really, really boring)
-you feel like you will just DIE when you're kicked off of your computer because Clark was JUST about to kiss Lois

Mirage laugh

Clark: You're really high maintenance, aren't you?

Lois: Yes, but I'm worth it!
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Mirage - that printing thing sound awfully familiar. laugh

A few more:

• You ask your boss if you can come back from your break 15 mins late so you have time to go home and check the boards
  • You stay up until 5 am to finish that *last* part of your WIP even though you have to be up at 9 am

Sara (who has to rush back to work soon laugh )

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
You stay up until 5 am to finish that *last* part of your WIP even though you have to be up at 9 am
YUP! Mind you I have not been able to do that in about 3 months. Too busy.

I have a habit of printing off stuff and reading it on the bus standing.

How about:
You try and multi-task. You have to read the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!

Me--> Do hair and makeup (mirror is right beside monitor), eat breakfast and listen to the weather at the same time.

Then again, who needs breakfast.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Features Writer
Features Writer
You stay up until 5 am to finish that *last* part of your WIP even though you have to be up at 9 am
You find it hard, Sara? How about waiting until 7 am (your time not at reader' time because she wont mention it in order not scare people) checking constantly to be sure she didn't miss that last part being posted?

MDL. (Who? me? I don't do that! Nahhh)

"Work while you have the light. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you."
Blogger
Blogger
thought I was the only one who did the printing thing, glad I'm not alone laugh ROTFLMAO!!!

heres my little contrabution...

-you spend more time with your online friends then your real friends
-you can't remember names in RL yet somwhow you mange it online...
-you consider reading fanfics just as important as reading the newspaper and often end up with a weeks worth of newspapers un-read blush *really stink up the place*
-you tie up the phone line so poor granny ends up being frantic about why she can't reach you smile1
-you promise to get off in "just a few minutes" but are still online an hour later

thats all I can think of for now, blush smile

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
You remember songs *not* by their titles, writers or singers, but by which Trailers they were used in!

EDITED to add: You've lived in America all your life, but when you go to type up a paper for school, you catch yourself spelling "behavior" with a u.

~•~
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
(you guys are too hilarious, I don't think I have any, I'm a recovered addict (actually just moved onto other addictions lol) but I know the symptoms well. I do all those things as pertain to my current addiction... but here's one for... You know you're almost addicted when....)

-You owe a debt of gratitute to someone you never met for sending you tapes of Season 3 and 4, and you harbour secret hope that, someday, somehow, somewhere you will meet again so you can say the thankyou's that you never quite got to completely express due to lifes circumstance.

((actually thats just called having a concience but its the closest thing I can come up with you were so... comprehensive.. hehe))

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard