Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#129335 09/06/04 01:12 AM
Saskia Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Awww, that was sweet, Yvonne. I really liked how the cat resembled Lois and slowly made Clark feel better again. And then Lois forced her way into his mind and helped him too. Loved the twins remark! smile So close to the truth, yet she still doesn't figure it out. And a kiss!! With a promise of more!! YAY! smile1

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Wonderful story, Yvonne! thumbsup

Excellent idea, and beautifully written. Hope to see more from you soon. (How's Damaged going? wink )

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ok. After careful rereading...this is Wendy!!

I think it's time you and Wendy confessed, Y. Seriously, it's not funny any more.

The free flowing dialogue, bits of Y-like humor among the sadness, and Clark tormenting himself over a lost rescue should have clued me in.

Still, I'm not convinced. I'm going to need to see some proof.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
“I don’t believe any cat can need that much looking after
Then a small black and white cat will be no problem
laugh Funny!

it used to be my favourite spot too until she took it over. Now I sit at the other end.
rotflol

Just like he reacts to Lois!!

“Sit on me?” repeats Lois, clearly aghast at the prospect.
rotflol

For such a sweet story, I sure laughed a lot! Funny and sweet, a very nice combination of the two.

I really enjoyed Lois' whole reaction to the cat-- poor girl, she's never had a pet other than the fish, has she? She's aghast, appalled, tentative, reluctant... but she's still Lois Lane and she almost immediately starts treating the cat as if she matters, because Clark thinks she matters.

I, too, loved the twins bit-- inspired!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was just adorable, Yvonne. Sharp, pithy dialogue, great characterisation, poignant and funny and waffy, and had me snuffling into my keyboard by the end, especially those last couple of paragraphs.

It really touched me, this one. smile

Superb.

LabRat [Linked Image]

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Yvonne

This is excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great story, Yvonne. Poignant, then funny, and then just sweet. Great flow, too. It really carries you along.

I love how much personality you managed to give Lucy, and the parallels you drew between her and Lois.

I'm also really impressed with the introspection, how you managed to really get into both their heads and show us how the same situation can look from two very different sets of eyes.

Funny how much different a story can be depending on how you approach it, though. Knowing you'd written it, I was reading just for the story, not looking into every little detail of style and diction. Now, I can't tell you at all what looked so familiar to me before.

Anyway, I really liked this one. Got any more like it?

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
lol that was so cute!

I found myself thinking of my own cat throughout the whole thing!

“I don’t believe any cat can need that much looking after..."
yeah right. I know first hand how that is! My cat takes at least an hour to an hour and a half to go to bed at night (she's always getting into something). Which is weird, cause she sits on the stairs meowing at me letting me know that it's time to go upstairs and go to bed. I think she keeps me up on purpose.

We also met in an unusual circumstance. She found me in a park after she had been abandoned or lost. She was only 10 weeks old and she was so adorable, I just couldn't leave her there.

That was almost a year and a half ago (and I haven't gotten a full 8 hours since wink ). But she really is one of the bright spots in my life laugh

So...do we get a sequel where Lucy gets introduced to Lois's fishes??? :p

-Breanna

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I liked this Yvonne, the paralells, the way a cat is...it was nice and waffy.
Nancy

It's always such an embarrassment. Having to do away with someone. It's like announcing to the world that you lack the savvy and the finesse to deal with the problem more creatively. I mean, there have been times, naturally, when I've had to have people eliminated, but it's always saddened me. I've always felt like I've let myself down somehow.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard