Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12913 05/26/04 06:29 AM
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I apologize for not responding to all the wonderful comments before now. RL has had me so busy I've barely known which way was up. As compensation, I've offered up the final two parts.

Thanks to everyone who has commented and read this one. Your support has meant a lot. This started out as just a nice little fluff piece because I liked the title. Unfortunately, or fortunately, my muse had other ideas!

See you next fic!

SQD

#12914 05/26/04 07:40 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful story! clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#12915 05/26/04 07:44 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes!! When you post this to the Archive, as you *must*, please add a section reuniting Clark with Martha and Jonathan!!!

I was wondering how Clark was going to get a marriage license with the name Charlie King...since you need birth certificates and the like for that stuff....

I can *so* picture them arguing at the beach before going back and getting married.

You really could do a whole other sequel on this, SQD....their return to Metropolis, etc. It's just like Smallville...we know the ending, but we still like to see the journey to get there!!

Since I'm from CT, I'm going to make it a point to travel through Mystic this summer!!

Great job!

Chris

"Together we are stronger than each of us is apart"
#12916 05/26/04 11:55 AM
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Wow, this was yet another incredible story. thumbsup The argument at the beach right before the ceremony was excellent. They finally put it all out in the open and cleared the air for a -I guess- very romantic and beautiful wedding at the beach *sigh*...

The epilogue gave us a nice closure and a look in the future. I'm glad to know they lived happily ever after. What a surprise wink

Anyway, I agree with Chris, there are lots of possibilities for a sequel laugh

I'm really looking forward to your next story,

Julia wave

#12917 05/26/04 01:33 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh yay. I kept waiting for the all out fight. I'd say more, but it's time to have my weekly fight with my cruddy computer. Peace Out, great story.

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#12918 05/26/04 03:51 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
This was a great story. You made it all come together and ended it wonderfully. I loved it!! hyper

Caryn

"With words one can escape reality..."
#12919 05/27/04 02:07 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful epilogue smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#12920 05/27/04 12:06 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great story in lots of ways. One thing bothers me. Martha and Jonathan weren't at their son's wedding, and Lois was in a position where she should have included them. In fact, at that point Clark even knew who he was and did not think of his parents. Hmmm.
LaurieD

#12921 05/27/04 01:35 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey SQD,
I have enjoyed reading this again! *g* I love the ending--the argument is just perfectly done--very raw and emotional. I love the epilogue to give the readers a happily-ever-after ending without being over the top.
Excellent work!!
Many hugs... Wanda! thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#12922 05/27/04 08:38 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hey, I can't believe it's over. No more waiting for the next installment, no more gleeful grinning at their actions... I'll miss it.

You did a great job there. But I also missed Jonathan and Martha. At the wedding scene I kept waiting for Lois to notice them in the crowd...

It would be really a great idea to write a sequel depicting their struggles in Metropolis, their first child, everything you alluded to in the last part.

~Sira - who loved this story to the end

#12923 05/27/04 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SQD,

Sorry I was wayyyy behind on this story of yours. RL overbusiness stroke again. I finally was able to catch up with City by the Sea and...my!!

It's a terrificallywonderfulIcouldn'tstopuntillastpage story. smile1

#12924 05/28/04 05:11 AM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yes!! When you post this to the Archive, as you *must*, please add a section reuniting Clark with Martha and Jonathan!!!
I agree.

I as well was surprised that M & J where not at the wedding....but then again it would have messed w/ the flow. (I don't have great creativity so I can't think of how it could have been.) I like how things turned out! I guess this was for them. They could always do it again in Met. w/ the gang.

I didn't start reading this until prt6 (I think). I had read the title and it didn't grab me. It was totally not what I thought. shock I guess I was having a bad night when the 1st paragraph didn't grab me. I'm sooo glad I went back when I was having a better day!!!

Ack, I want to point out my fav parts but I just noticed the time (bus >> work).

I'm sad to see it is over frown

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard