This took me way longer than it should have. I have no excuse whatsoever. I didn't even use a cantaloupe...oops!

~*~*~*~

"Mom!" Liz Kent stood at the top of the stairs and screeched in a way that only 8-year-olds can.

Lois left the kitchen, stood at the bottom of the stairs, arms akimbo and reprimanded her daughter. "Elizabeth Lara...how many times do I have to ask you not to scream at the top of your lungs?" Liz just shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Now," Lois continued, "what is so important?"

"You told me to wake Bobby up, but he won't get outta bed."

Lois started up the stairs. "Okay. You go down and have breakfast. I'll get him."

~*~*~*~

Clark Kent finished washing the breakfast dishes and left them in the drain. Drying his hands on a small towel, he left the kitchen and waited until Lois hung up the phone. "What's going on?" he asked.

"Bobby says his throat hurts and he has a fever," she informed him, "not real high -- just a couple of points. I already gave him some Tylenol, and since we can't miss Liz's solo in the pageant, I called Aaron from next door to come over and watch him."

"Okay, I'll go upstairs and get Liz so we're ready to leave as soon as he gets here."

~*~*~*~

Almost two hours later, Clark unlocked the front door and stepped aside to let Lois and Liz enter first. In the living room, they found Bobby sitting on the couch, still in his pajamas and bathrobe with a blanket across his lap. He was mesmerized by a cartoon on television and absently sipping from a mug. As Clark walked over to where Aaron was sitting to pay and thank him, Lois sat next to Bobby on the couch and felt his head, which was noticibly cooler.

" Mom," the 4-year-old whined.

"We brought you a palm frond from church," Liz told him, handing him the long, thin leaf. "Here."

Bobby looked at the thing in his hand and started whipping it around like a rapier. "What's this for?"

"People lined the road with them as Jesus rode by," Lois told him, trying to avoid the weapon.

"Wouldn't you know it," he fumed, "the one Sunday I don't go, He shows up!!!"

Okay...you can start throwing the eggs (dyed for Easter, of course) now!

Anne >^,,^<

"I only know how to make four things, and this is the only one without chocolate." Lois Lane "All My I've Got a Crush on You 10/24/1993