Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#128601 03/30/04 11:43 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
OK, just learned a new fanfic term and figured it would be a very fun challenge to throw out there. Can you write a Lois and Clark Drabble?

A Drabble is a story that is exactly 100 words long. Can be comprised of all dialogue, no dialogue, mix of narrative and dialogue. Whatever. Only rule is that it has to be exactly 100 words long.

So, anyone out there up to it?

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#128602 03/30/04 01:59 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
(I'll give it a shot.)
A Lois and Clark Drabble? by Tank

Lois grumbled as she moved toward the front door. She was puzzled when she didn't see anyone through the peephole. She opened the door, figuring she'd find some neighborhood kid running away, giggling over his prank.

Lois squeaked in alarm when she saw the small figure standing on her front step. He held a clipboard, and was... green!

"Ah, Mrs. Kent, so glad someone was home. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Bleh Merklle, I work for the Encyclopedia Galactica. I'm here to update our listing on Kryptonians. You are still married to the last known Kryptonian, aren't you?"

"Clark!"

Tank (who hopes that puncuation doesn't count)

#128603 03/30/04 02:53 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hee hee, good one, Tank!
Whoops, I meant for mine to be a "reply" under here, oh well!
-W.D.
Awesome challenge, Lynn--I never wrote a 100 word story before!

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
#128604 03/30/04 03:53 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Good one, Tank. I'm surprised you didn't include a hair cut for Lois in that though. laugh

Caryn

"With words one can escape reality..."
#128605 03/31/04 04:26 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
LOL! WooHoo Tank. What a great start to this challenge. It's funny to see how few 100 words really are - take up only a tiny little posting window. But you did it - nailed an entire vignettte with just 100 words. Made me smile and giggle.

Thanks for sharing. I love this.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
#128606 03/31/04 05:37 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great challenge, Lynn! I just had to give it a shot too. And 100 words is very very short!

The Drabble Revelation

Lois was fuming when she entered the Daily Planet newsroom. In the middle of an interview, Clark had run away from her with a stupid excuse *again*. He just couldn’t do that while working, so she was finally going to demand an answer.

When she saw Clark already sitting at his desk, she got even madder. Not waiting for a response, she walked past his desk while hissing. “Conference room, now!”

“I demand an answer on your disappearing behavior,” she said harshly when the door closed behind him.

Clark stared at her, perplexed, then wickedly grinned. “Okay. I am Superman.”

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
#128607 03/31/04 07:14 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL Sas!!!! Can we get another Drabble?(taking up where you left off, fo course laugh )

Cris

Cris
#128608 03/31/04 08:46 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay, I'm enjoying these. Great start Tank and Sas. I particularly liked that straightforward revelation! smile

You do, of course, realise that you are setting too high a standard for the rest of us to follow. Here, let me lower the standard a little.

Apologies for being depressing. Sorry it doesn't have a title; I couldn't think of one.

________

Lois's chestnut hair shone; her skin was the texture of porcelain. Her eyes danced and she was smiling.

Clark had never seen her look so breath-takingly beautiful.

No, he thought. Not true. She'd looked just as beautiful the first time they'd met, when she'd stormed into Perry's office. She'd looked beautiful for Luthor's ball... for the Kerths... on their first date. She'd even looked beautiful caked in sewage and covered in cement.

She'd looked beautiful because he'd loved her.

He still loved her. Now, looking at the posthumously painted portrait his children had just unveiled, he knew he'd never stopped.

_______

Chris

#128609 03/31/04 09:09 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
These are GREAT!!!! thumbsup

Tank -- your's is very fun and inovative!! But I too have to say that I was really surprised that it did NOT include a haircut...... maybe if you had 200 words you could have included it wink

Sas -- I loved it!!.... what a great and "evilish" revelation.... how fun!!!! clap

Chris -- OMG, how beautiful!!! It's absolutely wonderful!! You captured sooooo much emotion in just 100 words.... amazing! huh )

"Well, let's see, so far I've been given a glimpse of ritual crop worship, treated as your girlfriend, and I insulted your parents. No, I couldn't have planned this. Mmm, mmm." -- Lois to Clark, 'Green, Green Glow of Home'
#128610 03/31/04 03:43 PM
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, since so many of you demanded it.

Another Drabble by Tank

"Snip, snip, snip, snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip... snip, snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip, snip, snip, snip - snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip, snip... snip snip snip."

"Snip, snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip... snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip, snip, snip snip, snip. Snip - snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip, snip... snip, snip, snip. Snip, snip. Snip, snip... snip."

"All done, Lois. How do you like it?"

Lois stared into the mirror for several moments, hardly recognizing the short-haired person staring out at her. "It looks great, Cindy, thanks a lot."

#128611 03/31/04 05:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
lol, tank. i think you have an extra "snip" there.

fun challenge, lynn. i've really enjoyed reading the ones so far. great job, everyone.

so, here's mine. see what you think. smile

Paul

"Clark, I need to tell you something," Lois said nervously.

"What is it? You're not in trouble, are you?"

"Oh, no! Well, I hope not. I don't think I am. I'm pretty sure --"

"Lois, just tell me."

"Okay, you know how Lex and I have been..."

"Yes," he growled. "I know."

"Well, he asked me to marry him... and I said yes."

"No!!"

Surprisingly, she laughed.

"What?"

"Your expression!"

"Well, you're... Gah!"

"Oh, Clark... April Fools!"

"What?!"

"I'm sorry. I thought it would be funny. I didn't realize... I didn't know you felt so strongly."

"Lois..."

"I love you, too."

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.
#128612 03/31/04 05:54 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I love all of these. smile1

Tricia cool

Edit: Paul, you managed to sneak in as I was posting. I can just see the look on Clark's face when Lois said, "April Fool!" LOL! laugh Thanks for sharing your drabble. It's great.

#128613 04/01/04 05:43 AM
lynnm Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
These are all fantastic! Amazing that 100 words can range from hilarious to heartbreaking. Thanks to all of you for doing these.

I figured I should at least give a stab at my own challenge <g>. So this drabble is dedicated to Kaethel with a big fat wink to LabRat wink

Exactly 100 words not counting the title.

Guilty Pleasures

“Clark? You OK?”

“Mmmm. Yeah. Lois, that was amazing.”

“Thought you might like it.”

“I never knew I could enjoy something so...”

“Dark?”

“Yeah. Makes me feel kinda...evil.”

“It's fun to be bad once in a while, huh?”

“Sort of makes me want to rethink this whole goody-goody superhero thing.”

“Only if you’re a bad boy with me.”

“Only you.”

“Sure gives new meaning to the phrase ‘guilty pleasure.’”

“So, you up for some more?”

“Sorry. It’s a once a week thing.”

“Too bad. I could do this every night.”

“Me, too."

"You think Buffy’ll pick Spike or Angel?”

#128614 04/01/04 06:05 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
ROTFL, Lynn! Wot, they don't watch Stargate?!? goofy

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#128615 04/01/04 06:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lynn!!!!! dizzy )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
#128616 04/01/04 08:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've always wanted to see a L&C/Angel CrossOver. I'm betting that's the closest I'll ever get too.

TEEEEJ

#128617 04/01/04 09:03 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
These little stories are great!

LOL at Tank's second one clap clap for everyone's efforts.

AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#128618 04/03/04 05:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Lois?”

“Yes?”

“You been reading these things?”

“The 100-word stories?”

“Yes. They’re not bad at all.”

“What? One of them kills me! Another cuts my HAIR off! And my novel? And someone has us watching some silly vampire show - like vampires exist!”

“Well, you never know.”

“Don’t leer at me! Clark, don’t lick your lips like that! Anyway, did you see this other one? Okay, I *did* say I’d marry Lex, but dragging it all up again... ARGH!”

“I think they’re funny. Okay, not that one.”

“Huh. So why couldn’t you tell me about Superman like this one?”

“Darn...”

Just a fly-by! *waves*
#128619 04/03/04 07:17 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lol, Wendy! Feedback as drabble. I like it (but I'm not going to try to replicate your feat)!

Chris

#128620 04/03/04 10:21 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
ROFL!!!! These are hilarious! MORE!!!
-Wanda laugh

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard