Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#128120 10/23/03 05:19 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Maybe its because I've been listening to it *way* too much, but I like that soundtrack. Your task is to write a story that relates L&C to any song from the Lion King soundtarck. It can be the Elton John versions of the songs, too.

Anyone wanna try? smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#128121 10/23/03 05:38 PM
M
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
M
Hey Julie!

You like Lion King? So do I! But it's my number 3 favourite cartoon, after Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin. Did you watch the musical? I never got around to watching it, and from looks of things, I never will. frown

I'm not promising anything here. :p However, I was wondering what you meant by "relating". Do the lyrics have to appear or something? Cos there are a number of beautiful instrumentals in the soundtrack.

What about something from Lion King II?

twins
metwin1

#128122 10/23/03 05:58 PM
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Oh my gosh, metwin1, you just named my 3 favorite cartoons of all time smile . Since I have been obsessed with "Lion King" since I first saw it and I just bought the special edition DVD and just saw the incredible play in Toronto, I wrote a little story after I saw this challenge. I also have another story -- a better story -- in the works that's been on my hard drive for a couple of years!

I know the story I am going to post isn't that good, but ever since we sang this song in high school choir, I've thought of Lex Luthor whenever I heard the song.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
#128123 10/23/03 06:28 PM
Julie S Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The idea is to relate to the lyrics... Instrumentals can be anything. I don't mean you have to make them jungle animals and sing Hakuna Matata (though that would be fine smile ), just relate. Or whatever you decide. smile1

And I have to confess- Toronto resident I am, but I didn't go to see the musical. frown

About the Lion King II (Simba's Pride), I'd prefer if you didn't, because I havn't seen that movie yet. smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
#128124 10/23/03 08:21 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
but ever since we sang this song in high school choir, I've thought of Lex Luthor whenever I heard the song.
smile1

EDIT: Oh, got back home from school now, and noticed that you posted! YAY!!! laugh

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard