Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I got a challenge for ya! wink

It's the UNDERCOVER WORKPLACE CHALLENGE! Here's the deal:

* Lois and/or Clark have to go undercover in YOUR (the author's) place of work, or in your line of work
* There has to be a *good* reason for them to be there
* The story can be as long or short as you want
*Lois and/or Clark have to try and "fit in" with the other employees
*If you are a student, it is acceptable to use your school as a replacement for your line of work

This is NOT to be confused with the Unusual Profession challenge!
**Remember, Lois & Clark are still working for the Daily Planet--they're just undercover! (Think "I've got a Crush on You" at the Metro Club.)**

As an added challenge, you can give yourself a cameo! :p

Anybody up for it?!

-Wanda cool

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
This isn't an exact reply, but the story I am currently posting (The Rebirth Trilogy- Book I- Murder) is very similar to this challenge. Not exactly, as Lois isn't undercover, but she does work and live someplace I used to work and live wink No cameo of me, though.

Imagine.
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Hmm...the only workplace I've had that would be at all interesting or workable would be the Homicide Division of a DA's office (where I was the law clerk for a summer). Otherwise:

1. Teaching Fellow at a college? Not likely.
2. Academic Advisor at a college? Even less likely - even the freshmen notice when their advisor isn't the same person they were last time.
3. Editor of a law journal? Far more boring than writing for a newspaper. Plus, they'd really show me up and then I'd be irritated. Also, an unlikely place to go undercover, since part and parcel with the whole boring thing is the fact that the most interesting thing that happens at the law journal is a discussion on uniform methods of source citation.
4. Associate at a big corporate law firm? Please! Gak! One - tough to fake your way into this job for an undercover assignment since the NY Bar exam is really tough (and expensive to take) and it's really easy to find out whether or not a lawyer is actually a member of a state bar. Two - Corporate Lawyer? Way more boring than being a law journal editor.
5. Research Associate for a Human Rights NGO? I have no idea how that one would work, especially since I did most of my work from home.
6. Water Polo Coach. Wow, way less likely than any of the others. I'm sure, however, that there are plenty of readers who would want to see Clark in a Speedo. razz

I hope that people with jobs far more interesting than the ones I've had will step forward and take this challenge!

Rac

Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Rac--
Water Polo could be amusing! I think the weirder the job the funnier it will be. I have started my own response to my challenge--I'll be having Lois and Clark undercover as cashier and stockboy at Ace Hardware. LOL. That's MY glamorous job at the moment!
--Wanda thumbsup

"He's a man. I'm a woman. Do you want me to draw you a diagram?" -Lois Lane, I've Got a Crush on You.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
LOL! That'd be a great way to releave some coworker cause stress.

Whatever they do to you, you can be relaxing remembering in your head how you had Lois and Clark there undercover getting them arrested for all of the grr things they do :p

-Breanna... (who would love to write about it...but who can't think of any reason that they'd be undercover at her job).

Merriwether
Merriwether
Personally, I'd love to see you do the Water Polo story, Rac ... I mean, cruelty to animals has got to be right up Lane and Kent's alley ... making all those poor horses swim like that!

rotflol

Kathy (ducking and running very fast ... but looking behind her in hopes of getting a glimpse of Clark in a speedo. wink )

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh I SO have to write some of this!
(as if I'm not into too much already... anyway.)

Can I use cameos from my teachers and my classmates as well? (pleaaaaaaaaaaaase?)

Great idea for a challenge. I can't wait to read the replies.

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Anna,
I think it is a great idea to give out cameos. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
-Wanda

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
rotflol

Pelican (hoping to see many responses to this one!! laugh )

Such a little thing really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right.

Susan Kay
Kerth
Kerth
Can I use cameos from my teachers and my classmates as well? (pleaaaaaaaaaaaase?)
wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Merriwether
Merriwether
I can hardly wait to see what everyone does! smile

I'm not a writer so I can only giggle when I think of Lois and Clark at my work - McDonald's.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard